Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never been in an empty CoP, but we always travel during some holiday or other.

I don't think I have ever been in a truly empty one but definitely been in some where there were way more empty seats than filled ones - and that is with normal crowds, not like what we are seeing now

yeah, personally I think COP and the version of the Enchanted Tiki Room that is at Disneyland I think should somehow be protected as historic - and can be refurbed, etc but should "exist" in some form, somewhere forever

I could see them closing COP temprorily or reducing show times if the crowds really aren't there and it is largely being played to empty theaters though
I always looked at both COP and tiki room as reliable relaxation spots. Same with Ellen’s Universe of Energy, and small world. Ellen is gone but the others should always be there I agree
I remember taking my daughter to tiki room when she was like 3 and it scared her stiff...

Also why do we think they would even cut rides? Money? I assumed Primeval Whirl wasn't opening because it was pretty much closed before Covid. Rivers of Light just never seemed to take off...

It stemmed from the DisUnplugged show today. Pete said Primeval Whirl/Rivers of Light were probably closures due to covid, but not necessarily safety related closures - more likely they were money related closures. Convenient reason/timing to get rid of some of their more difficult (due to maintenance, lack of interest, expensive to operate, etc.) attractions and offerings.

Pete said he's expecting to see more attraction cuts along with an increase in food and merch prices as Disney tries to trim costs to make up as much ground (money) as possible. Things that they wouldn't have been as concerned about in a bumper year are now potentially things they'll cut (permanently or temporarily) as they try to recover from covid impacts. Pete did mention CoP specifically, saying he wouldn't be surprised if that is one they cut.

Last edited:
Wearing masks has 3 EXTRA benefits...no, make that 4...
1. No need to wear make-up
2. Well, if I am not wearing make-up, why do my hair? Poneytail it is....
3. GREAT zit coverage. North star on your nose? No problem
4. Doing errands incognito......it's like no one knows who you are because everyday is Halloween. No feeling embarrassed at the check out for having half your cart filled with chips that were on sale!
My only problem will be when I go to my TS ADR and go to take off that mask, sweating with no mask, what a treat for my server lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter