Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lockers are free (except for the water rides which allow you to bring things on) so how is it a money grab?

It is only the small ones, many people get stuck paying for the bigger ones due to the refill mugs they sell or needing a larger bag for various reasons.

They gotta do what they gotta do to reduce capacity vs demand where they need to, whether its resorts, parks, or both. I understand the premise of what they’re doing, I just think they’re underselling the amount of people that dont buy tickets before a trip. Or maybe they’re not and are doing exactly what they intended.

I dont think any of the parks will have any capacity opening’s past the “first come” stage until the fall, at the earliest. Maybe I’m wrong in assuming the demand is much higher than people believe it will be, but I personally dont think it’s difficult to find ~60-65k (assuming each park is at 20% of the parks rumored max capacity) people per day that are in that “first come, first serve” bracket
I think they’ll be crushed for a couple weeks as their lowest capacity meets highest demand but I think they’ll find stability after as capacity ramps and demand slows (the initial blogger rush will be done and a good chunk of local APs will decide one day was enough of that limited offerings nonsense in the FL weather 😂 )

Another thing I hadn’t thought through- people won’t be waiting for rides in AC... some lines are outside but some have a decent chunk of waiting inside air conditioned buildings. That’s not gonna happen for nearly as long with a VQ so little AC line waiting, limited/no indoor shows- yikes. People are going to be far more overheated than normal + a lot of the normal cool down breaks folks take won’t be available... 😬

Disney owns and operates 33,000 hotel rooms on WDW property (this doesn’t include any non-Disney branded hotels) with an average occupancy (pre-pandemic at least; not sure if that changes) of 3 guests.
Source? You can figure out from p 51 of the last 10-Q that Disney had about 26,700 rooms available per night in total at WDW AND DLR. Using 25k for WDW, at 85% capacity utilization, and 80% in the parks in a day, and 3 people per occupied room, you get about 50k people per day in the parks from the WDW owned and operated.

I think they’ll be crushed for a couple weeks as their lowest capacity meets highest demand but I think they’ll find stability after as capacity ramps and demand slows (the initial blogger rush will be done and a good chunk of local APs will decide one day was enough of that limited offerings nonsense in the FL weather 😂 )

Another thing I hadn’t thought through- people won’t be waiting for rides in AC... some lines are outside but some have a decent chunk of waiting inside air conditioned buildings. That’s not gonna happen for nearly as long with a VQ so little AC line waiting, limited/no indoor shows- yikes. People are going to be far more overheated than normal + a lot of the normal cool down breaks folks take won’t be available... 😬

yeah if wod is any indication they’ll be slammed on day 1 and likeky week 1 then things will drop off a lot On the demand side of things.

Well if you chose to pay for a larger locker that's on you. It's not a money grab if they provide the smaller lockers for free.

If you cant fit larger objects into a free locker because they’re not allowed on Men in Black, its a money grab. They make the small lockers so small for a reason. They’re giving you the sense that they’re helping you out by providing free lockers, but they know that most people that have items on them that cant go on their designated rides wont fit in the small lockers, hence why they charge money for the large lockers

If you cant fit larger objects into a free locker because they’re not allowed on Men in Black, its a money grab. They make the small lockers so small for a reason. They’re giving you the sense that they’re helping you out by providing free lockers, but they know that most people that have items on them that cant go on their designated rides wont fit in the small lockers, hence why they charge money for the large lockers

I agree. And the larger ones use to be free as well.

yeah if wod is any indication they’ll be slammed on day 1 and likeky week 1 then things will drop off a lot On the demand side of things.

I think the first week will be impossible to get in, probably even tough for everyone at the top of the totem pole. But we’re likely talking about what is usually an average day at MK being the full capacity for all 4 parks combined. 60k people is not that many. I think every day will be filled to capacity at every park for the first few months

I've never had a problem with the small lockers and see lots of people using them so it must work for a good majority of people.

Source? You can figure out from p 51 of the last 10-Q that Disney had about 26,700 rooms available per night in total at WDW AND DLR. Using 25k for WDW, at 85% capacity utilization, and 80% in the parks in a day, and 3 people per occupied room, you get about 50k people per day in the parks from the WDW owned and operated.
Go online, look up each hotel’s total rooms (you can find them on the press site, fan sites, and even Wikipedia if you’re lazy), and calculate it yourself. At one point, Disney even had this phrase (about 33,000 hotel rooms and villas) on their press site.

Also, I believe the number you’re reference is the average amount of occupied rooms. It also might not include DVC rooms, as Disney doesn’t consider those hotel rooms technically. They usually refer to DVC rooms as “units.” There is no way that number would be possible for both WDW and DLR.

I think the first week will be impossible to get in, probably even tough for everyone at the top of the totem pole. But we’re likely talking about what is usually an average day at MK being the full capacity for all 4 parks combined. 60k people is not that many. I think every day will be filled to capacity at every park for the first few months
I think it's another reason why they're doing the AP preview. If Ap's can get in before they officially open it will help with the load. Yes I"m sure the Vloggers will still try to get in on opening day but it should deter others.

Was this inclusive of DVC, which may not show as rooms available? Thanks for the info.

Today's schedule page on the HUB changed, they have all 3 US properties, cm need to click on WDW and it takes to another page that basically says if you have been recalled for work click here.
FT CM are expected to start receiving calls today.
This is my last schedule update since we were looking for that as a way to predict opening days but we already have dates.
Thank you for taking the all this time out of your days over the last couple months with the schedule updates and local experiences down there. I very much appreciated it and I know I’m not alone it that.

Was this inclusive of DVC, which may not show as rooms available? Thanks for the info.
Just found the report and it does not include DVC. It may not even include FW campgrounds? It also appears to be reflecting “available” rooms, so excluding the allotment of rooms that may be kept out of service for refurb or maintenance.

Also keep in mind that DL only has about 2500 rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter