Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We live in Arkansas and my 22 year old daughter has a co-worker that had a phone interview with Disney World last week for a cast member position. My daughter asked her if she knew anything about opening and she told my daughter she is not allowed to say anything about anything. I know this is literally no information but just interesting to know that they are hiring and interviewing.

Thanks for sharing. I’m sure she had to sign an NDA even to be interviewed right now. They’re a publicly traded company, so info like a reopening date before they announce it would be insider information. This will affect the stock price, and they can’t risk anyone trading on insider info.

My son, grandson and I have a June 19-24 trip to WDW planned. This is one of the two separate weeks during the summer my son has my grandson for the full week, and dates can't be changed at this point. He already has a beach trip booked for the other week. Originally, his company convention was scheduled for that week. My son has not wanted to cancel anything since my grandson has been looking forward to this so much, but if we get the email next week, I am going to suggest we see what hotels are open and head to Orlando anyway. It's about an eight hour drive for us. My grandson would love Sea World and Legoland. He is seven, and has been to WDW twice. Have either of those announced an opening? And my son's company has rescheduled their convention for Disney again in June 2021 anyway. I believe people will come to Orlando to do something this summer, be it Disney or another park that we had previously skipped in favor of Disney.

Man! I try and get some work done in the garden and look what I miss! A true blue DISboards temper tantrum!

To save rereading a dozen or so pages, what was his supposedly big leak?

Aug 31. WDW doesn't think they can manage masks, don't want big gatherings like a BBQ at DS, don't know how to mitigate it. DLR not at all this year.

September is also prime hurricane season. We don’t plan a lot here during that timeframe either for the same reason.

The last hurricane was a blessing in disguise. Everyone was packing up & leaving WDW because of Dorian... the projections were so iffy we decided to go on our 10 day trip anyways. We arrived at a nearly empty WDW, and the hurricane shifted and we got some Tuesday evening rain and wind. The crowds just make September so appealing. Plus I can go for 10 days and only take 4 days off of work with the Labor Day holiday. But man- it’s hot!

Last edited:

Yeah that’s what people told me last night that he predicated this date for a while. My question is, Rumors from that site spill over to here all the time, if hes been predicting it for a while, and he has legit sources, why was it yesterday that we first heard about it?

A lot of YouTube Disney news channels relay what Marni says all the time. If WDWPro had sources that should be taken seriously, I just think we would have heard a lot more rumblings that August 31st was their original target date. It all just seems too convenient
I think the August date was worst case scenario. Now with Florida moving quickly through phases I think Disney has been eyeing a July date now. This is from Magic Feather on the same site.

MK Opening First with its resorts (I think we've all known that for a while)
Disney was caught off guard by June 1st for UOR (I think we all were)
Everything about Disney Springs's opening being not perfect
Fireworks Issues (Which shouldn't be a problem due to the lack of plans to brig them back

I'm thinking Disney knew that Universal was going to open early then them but probably not that quickly.

We live in Arkansas and my 22 year old daughter has a co-worker that had a phone interview with Disney World last week for a cast member position. My daughter asked her if she knew anything about opening and she told my daughter she is not allowed to say anything about anything. I know this is literally no information but just interesting to know that they are hiring and interviewing.
I question this a little bit because I check the Disney Jobs site quite often and there haven’t been really any cast member positions posted on there since March. Nothing for the call centers or in the parks. They are hiring for the Disney Stores in malls around the country, but nothing for the parks. So maybe the person was interviewed for a Disney Store position. I’m thinking most front line CM positions will see a hiring freeze for quite a while while they work to bring back all the furloughed staff first. The only thing they may still be looking to hire are College Program staff for the end of summer/early fall.

I think the August date was worst case scenario. Now with Florida moving quickly through phases I think Disney has been eyeing a July date now. This is from Magic Feather on the same site.

MK Opening First with its resorts (I think we've all known that for a while)
Disney was caught off guard by June 1st for UOR (I think we all were)
Everything about Disney Springs's opening being not perfect
Fireworks Issues (Which shouldn't be a problem due to the lack of plans to brig them back

I'm thinking Disney knew that Universal was going to open early then them but probably not that quickly.

They cant open just the MK resorts, unless it was for a weekend. They’re already going to be backed up with DVC members having borrowed points from last year. People have to use their points or they lose them, and points are money. The further they push out DVC resorts opening, the bigger the issue they’re going to have.

Its like movies right now. You have these movies that need to be pushed back to next year, but there are already movies scheduled to come out next summer. There are only a certain amount of weekends that are free that these movies could open and make money. If you push everything from 2020 to 2021 and even half of the 2021 movies stand pat on their dates, you have a big issue.

If you keep pushing back DVC resorts opening, you create more people needing to use their points in a much shorter amount of time that will cause a big issue

I’m in 2 thoughts of mind one being that they open MK the end of June to AP Florida residents as a test run, and a week later HS and then AK and last Epcot. This takes us to the end of July after which I believe they open the resorts. My second thought is that they open all parks and resorts but wait until a much later date

It has nothing to do with the Disney talk. I try to post things to talk about other then masks. I thought it would be strike up some good conversation.

I thought you said it was because you dont want to give “the mouse” your money because “the mouse” has “enough cheese”

I thought you said it was because you dont want to give “the mouse” your money because “the mouse” has “enough cheese”
Its been a rough few months for me. I'm physically and mentally drained I'm sorry I come off harsh. I had have to work around people through this and seeing so many just not care to follow physical distancing upsets me. When I see the few on here mentioning ways to get around social distancing rules at Disney it saddens me.

Like I said I had planned to take my 7 month old to Disney in the next year before this all started. I joined this site cause I love amusement parks Disney included. Lately seeing how some of you act on here it's taken some of that away.

Its been a rough few months for me. I'm physically and mentally drained I'm sorry I come off harsh. I had have to work around people through this and seeing so many just not care to follow physical distancing upsets me. When I see the few on here mentioning ways to get around social distancing rules at Disney it saddens me.

Like I said I had planned to take my 7 month old to Disney in the next year before this all started. I joined this site cause I love amusement parks Disney included. Lately seeing how some of you act on here it's taken some of that away.
my best advice is to step away. Reading all of these posts day in and day out can be draining, especially in this uncertain time. You know you won´t change anyone´s mind on anything just by posting so the best thing to do is just tune into something else. Come back when the parks have reopened for your planning , I say this without one ounce of sarcasm, hate or vitriol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter