Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve never thought much of Secure Circuit due to the DVC issues of only opening select DVC resorts- nice that original source of the rumor now has a reason for it not to come to fruition...
It may have been the original plan but things are changing daily. I do buy that Disney wasn't planning on Universal announcing such an early date. I'm guessing they were told a later June date.

I like your thinking and agree.

The only thing that keeps throwing me off with the Aug 31st date is DVC. There is no way Disney could keep DVC closed until Sept.

So would they open DVC for 2 months without parks? I mean I guess they could but that would be interesting to say the least.

This is the only thing that is making me believe that Aug 31 date cant be true,.
So here is the other part of this. DVC has non-park properties in Vero Beach, Hilton Head Island, and Aulani. Now, for Aulani, they can lean on the 14-day quarantine until June 30, however, I am not sure how they can keep Vero Beach and Hilton Head Island closed as timeshares, and, I believe, hotels, have opened at each location. I would be the last person to know how these things could work, but I assume that they could open prior to the park-based DVC properties. Both properties closed at a different time than the park properties, so I don't necessarily know that it has to be in lockstep...

I’ve never thought much of Secure Circuit due to the DVC issues of only opening select DVC resorts- nice that original source of the rumor now has a reason for it not to come to fruition...

I will believe secure circuit when I see it.

I could see parks before resorts (and MK before other parks), but I think opening 3 resorts, the 3 most expensive at that, is going to create more problems than solutions.

Its been a rough few months for everyone. People have been essentially locked in their homes, without work, being able to see friends/family/coworkers for close to 70 days. There are states that are still only allowed to go to essential businesses. Most people have been socially distancing all along, and for a sudden change of lifestyle that has been imposed on the entire world, I think for the most part people have done very well, considering.

If youre referencing me saying that I will drive from NY to Maryland to fly down to florida if the mandatory 14 day quarantine is still in affect, because I see your angry faces every time I mention it, you’re going to have to deal with it. Sorry. I spent, and continue to spend a lot of money on DVC, and I have 400 points that I need to use over the course of the year or I lose them. I cant bank them because I dont have the time to use 800 points in a single year. And I shouldn’t feel forced to have to sell any of my points just because people feel uncomfortable with me skating by the rules.

There are kids that have, and continue to be diagnosed with illnesses that give them days/weeks/months to live. How would you go about telling a child that they have to live the last few months of their life stuck inside their home, unable to see their friends, or their family members? So whatever we have going on and think we have it bad, people have it worse. Much, much worse. So to get mad over things that are out of your hands, and very likely doesnt have an affect on your life is a waste of time and energy.
Yes it's been tough for everyone. My 7 month old hasn't seen any family since March. I know a lot of people have it worse. I just get frustrated with the many who keep thinking this is nothing.

Back on topic, I am not anti-Disney, I just try to post news or rumors to get discussions going. Since Disney never says much it gives people something to talk about

Its been a rough few months for everyone. People have been essentially locked in their homes, without work, being able to see friends/family/coworkers for close to 70 days. There are states that are still only allowed to go to essential businesses. Most people have been socially distancing all along, and for a sudden change of lifestyle that has been imposed on the entire world, I think for the most part people have done very well, considering.

If youre referencing me saying that I will drive from NY to Maryland to fly down to florida if the mandatory 14 day quarantine is still in affect, because I see your angry faces every time I mention it, you’re going to have to deal with it. Sorry. I spent, and continue to spend a lot of money on DVC, and I have 400 points that I need to use over the course of the year or I lose them. I cant bank them because I dont have the time to use 800 points in a single year. And I shouldn’t feel forced to have to sell any of my points just because people feel uncomfortable with me skating by the rules.

There are kids that have, and continue to be diagnosed with illnesses that give them days/weeks/months to live. How would you go about telling a child that they have to live the last few months of their life stuck inside their home, unable to see their friends, or their family members? So whatever we have going on and think we have it bad, people have it worse. Much, much worse. So to get mad over things that are out of your hands, and very likely doesnt have an affect on your life is a waste of time and energy.
Personally with this whole thing, I think Disney shot themselves in the foot by laying all the CM's off. This makes it so much harder to bring back employees and to prevent having to hire new ones. I know Disney is bleeding money but with all they nickel and dime for, you'd think they could afford this. Meanwhile, UOR has been paying their people (80%?) and that speeds the re-opening of things so much faster and easier. I can't help but think of all the cm's that went with Disney over joining UOR thinking they'd be better taken care of. I would about almost wonder if this situation could hurt Disney for years with employee retention. With UOR opening a new park in several years I would about bet that they will be fishing fresh disney employees away from them by the truck loads.
its a personal decision to follow rules however for all those people going in with the me first mindset! The quarantine ends June 1st so probably a non issue! Second if you own Dvc or charge a resort to your cc your address is known to Disney and if they accept your reservation they are an accessory to breaking a state rule in the Star they do buisiness in! Don’t be surprised if they ask you to reschedule or cancel your reservation if the state wants to continue the quarantine! Or they may put a disclaimer on your reservation limiting access as u would be required to stay in your room!

its a personal decision to follow rules however for all those people going in with the me first mindset! The quarantine ends June 1st so probably a non issue! Second if you own Dvc or charge a resort to your cc your address is known to Disney and if they accept your reservation they are an accessory to breaking a state rule in the Star they do buisiness in! Don’t be surprised if they ask you to reschedule or cancel your reservation if the state wants to continue the quarantine! Or they may put a disclaimer on your reservation limiting access as u would be required to stay in your room!

Just because my address is in NY, they have no idea what I’ve been doing over the course of two weeks. I could have went down to Maryland for 2 weeks to quarantine before flying to Florida for all they know.

I’m surprised no one here is talking about the limited hours at Universal, or maybe no one has seen it. Are people really going to travel to Orlando to visit Universal to have to leave by 6pm every day? My July trip to WDW would be cancelled if they’re open but limit hours to that extent.

I’m surprised no one here is talking about the limited hours at Universal, or maybe no one has seen it. Are people really going to travel to Orlando to visit Universal to have to leave by 6pm every day? My July trip to WDW would be cancelled if they’re open but limit hours to that extent.
Its the same hours they have in January and February. With limited capacity it shouldn't be too bad to get in everything.

Pardon my ignorance but what is this “secure circuit” that people keep referring to?
Having only MK & MK area resorts open with use of direct transportation to and from resorts. I believes park only open to resort guests too.

Aren’t they also offering buy 2 tickets, get 2 free? I think that more than sufficiently makes up for shorter hours

Its kind of like Universal halting construction on the new park and people barely batting an eye here.

With some exceptions (because there are some Uni fans here), lots of people’s interest in how Universal is handling this begins and ends with them doing something “better” than Disney.

One of our best WDW trips ever was back when there was a slow season and the parks closed early. It forced us not to exhaust ourselves and to actually enjoy our resort and other things Disney offers outside of the parks. No, limited hours would not cause us to cancel. I hope they don’t close quite that early, but it’s not a deal breaker.

I hope Disney and Universal puts markers all over the park. Obviously people can't stand 6 ft apart without them. Seeing this is why I think Disney is taking it slow.

KRIS MEETS W🌎RLD (@krismeetsworld) Tweeted:
I posted this photo earlier without a black bar. Reposting with covering faces. This really isn’t even the guests’ fault. There were no lines on the ground. https://t.co/WKZyb9G0Cm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter