Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you apply discounts to an already made reservation if your resort/room type available? Or do you need to make a new one?

Technically they re-book you, so you will have to pay 2021 rate before the discount. I know you said before you had locked in the old rate, right?

Technically they re-book you, so you will have to pay 2021 rate before the discount. I know you said before you had locked in the old rate, right?

No, I ended up doing a package with tickets when 2021 came out because it only ended up being under $100 more and I wanted to book my park reservations. :rotfl:

I just made soooo many payments with Disney gift cards that I got last holiday season, was just hoping I wouldn't have to have it all refunded and re-do, but oh well!

In my opinion.... I think things are just different today. I think kids are exposed to so many different ideas and experiences just through social media/internet alone that going to Disney won't get the same kind of passion.

For me, WDW was a place that I saw the future of living underwater (in all of it's 70's glory), magic happened, characters were alive, I walked through pirate towns, flew on a pirate ship and stayed in hotel that seemed like Hawaii.

Today kids have so many outlets for their imagination that we didn't have. They are often well traveled at young ages. Heck, they have Universal/IOA - Harry Potter! We didn't have any other parks like Disney at the time.
I'm not saying they won't love Disney and like to visit, but it's hard to imagine them having the passion that Horizons gave to me when I was 10.

Now everyone go ahead and yell. I'm just the worst! :D

No, I ended up doing a package with tickets when 2021 came out because it only ended up being under $100 more and I wanted to book my park reservations. :rotfl:

I just made soooo many payments with Disney gift cards that I got last holiday season, was just hoping I wouldn't have to have it all refunded and re-do, but oh well!

Ah ok like @Moliphino said definitely try to change it on your own. That's my plan!

If ticket prices have increased for your dates, you would have to pay the increased ticket price if you apply the discount (so that would take away a bit of the discount). While CRO treats the booking like a new reservation, Billing does not. Your existing deposit would would just role over into the discounted reservation, so there wouldn’t be any refund or re-charge. That said, if you canceled for some reason, your refund would go back to the Disney Gift Card(s) used to make the reservation, not to any sort of credit card.

If ticket prices have increased for your dates, you would have to pay the increased ticket price if you apply the discount (so that would take away a bit of the discount). While CRO treats the booking like a new reservation, Billing does not. Your existing deposit would would just role over into the discounted reservation, so there wouldn’t be any refund or re-charge. That said, if you canceled for some reason, your refund would go back to the Disney Gift Card(s) used to make the reservation, not to any sort of credit card.

I just checked and prices are exactly the same for my dates (same room view and everything) so I should be good to go if I can apply the discount if/when it comes. :)

I’ve never really followed the Q designations, but does Disney categorize them based on the calendar year or their fiscal year? Because if they go by their fiscal year, Q1 would be October-December and Q2 would be January-March.

😐

We made our first trip to Disney 3 years ago, but have gone maybe 10 times since then. I don't have the nostalgia link to Disney, and most of the things people say they miss I don't think look all that great to me, EXCEPT I'd be 100% there for the nighttime electric parade. I like the Halloween party parade better than Festival of Fantasy, and I think part of that is the nighttime factor. Our family is definitely rides first in their mentality, but I do truly miss the stage shows, they really rounded out the day nicely.

I think the only time of the year I doubt we'll see any discounts is around October. Otherwise, I believe the discounts will be there. Everyone said there wouldn't be any once they opened up and yet they did.

I’ve never really followed the Q designations, but does Disney categorize them based on the calendar year or their fiscal year? Because if they go by their fiscal year, Q1 would be October-December and Q2 would be January-March.

yeah, for their financials they follow a year that starts on Oct 1st - that is why all the layoffs took place before the end of Sept, so it could be all accounted for in their 2020 fiscal year.

I think on message boards when peole say Q1 they mean the actual Q1 int he calendar not Disney's fiscal year, but it is confusing

You’re not alone. We’re a little more than a month out and still don’t know what we’re going to do about our trip. :sad1:
I held out on our trip until a week before we were supposed to go (mid-September) and then finally pushed it to Sep 2021. I will say once I FINALLY made the decision to move it, it was far less stressful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter