Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The economic destruction about to happen to Anaheim is going to be horrendous. Nobody who isn’t a big corporation is going to be able to assemble enough capital to wait this out.

(A reminder for those who don’t know “yellow” is considered mathematically impossible for a large county like OC without a widespread vaccine.)

I mean, when does it become just too much to have two non-operating parks?

Any possibility of permanent West-Coast closings?
No. Disney itself can survive fine money wise keeping it all shuttered for a couple years. Too much money to be made off it once it does open.

I mean, when does it become just too much to have two non-operating parks?

Any possibility of permanent West-Coast closings?

I could see "relocating" before "permanent closure" - some Western state would love to have those parks. I pitched Nevada earlier 2 weeks ago...maybe my Nostradamus sense was just 2 weeks early...

Honesty I think its time for Disney to start becoming creative if they want west coast revenue. They are going to have to do a food festival at DCA or something.

It's got to be such a financial drain.

I really think years down the road - not allowing to open until basically a vaccine and metrics that are almost impossible to meet will be a seen as a terrible overreaction.

I know everyone else isn't surprised, but I'm actually quite shocked at how unreasonable he's being.

No. Disney itself can survive fine money wise keeping it all shuttered for a couple years. Too much money to be made off it once it does open.

Well, the upkeep from having it turn into a decaying shell is not zero...nor is the security needed to keep it from getting destroyed...

Only so long they'll pitch good money after bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter