Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I held out on our trip until a week before we were supposed to go (mid-September) and then finally pushed it to Sep 2021. I will say once I FINALLY made the decision to move it, it was far less stressful.

I've got a Thanksgiving 2021 package in my cart right now. Still too soon for me to switch June to November, but I might hold on to it just in case!!

April to June
Wait, what happened to Q1 ( Jan - Mar) discounts? Nothing then?

Don’t many businesses do October to September for their business years? So quarter 2 is January - March. Doesn’t seem to be any reason for Disney to skip discounts for those months. I know on the AP refunds thread people were guessing Disney delayed the refunds til after October 1 to get them off the current year‘s books. So maybe these new discounts will really be for January- March?

Don’t many businesses do October to September for their business years? So quarter 2 is January - March. Doesn’t seem to be any reason for Disney to skip discounts for those months. I know on the AP refunds thread people were guessing Disney delayed the refunds til after October 1 to get them off the current year‘s books. So maybe these new discounts will really be for January- March?
I already said it probably is January to March in a post above

I already said it probably is January to March in a post above

This would be nice.

I got a DVC trip planned in January but if its such a good deal I will get my points back and do cash stay.

I have until Dec 1 to get my points back so hope it comes out soon.

Thanks for the update.

In my opinion.... I think things are just different today. I think kids are exposed to so many different ideas and experiences just through social media/internet alone that going to Disney won't get the same kind of passion.

For me, WDW was a place that I saw the future of living underwater (in all of it's 70's glory), magic happened, characters were alive, I walked through pirate towns, flew on a pirate ship and stayed in hotel that seemed like Hawaii.

Today kids have so many outlets for their imagination that we didn't have. They are often well traveled at young ages. Heck, they have Universal/IOA - Harry Potter! We didn't have any other parks like Disney at the time.
I'm not saying they won't love Disney and like to visit, but it's hard to imagine them having the passion that Horizons gave to me when I was 10.

Now everyone go ahead and yell. I'm just the worst! :D
As a parent I can vouch for this. My son had been to 25 states by the time he was six and taken countless trips, including WDW/DL about a dozen times. He's pretty indifferent about Disney trips these days, especially with so many things missing.

Last edited:
I didn't believe my trip was really happening until we were in the car driving to FL. 😄 We'd had so many disappointments.

I’m glad I went when I did. I cancelled my trip that was supposed to be next week because of the crowds. I don’t mind lines and crowds if it’s been 6-12 months since I last went, but given it’s been just a month and a half, I’m good holding out until March. Sucks that I’ll miss the 2 houses at Universal, but since those 2 houses will likely be there again next year, I’m not missing out on that either.

Oh, I *am* going crazy. And I have *no* patience. :rotfl: :rotfl:

At this point we’re super thankful for the ability to cancel both our flights and the resort at the literal last minute. 😂 Gives us more time to waffle.
I feel the same way. We have a trip next month and I am so on the fence about it. I am not sure if all the rigmarole of getting there, the cost, and the lesser experience is worth it right now. We can also cancel the flights and resort too. I change my mind daily. But lately canceling seems to be winning. We do have a May 2021 trip to look forward to and hopefully things will be looking up by then.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet, but it looks like they are running trial runs of the boats today. Not taking any passengers and the signs stating their closed are still in place. Again not sure this means much for our trip here, but maybe prepping for Thanksgiving travelers.

As a parent I can vouch for this. My son had been to 25 states by the time he was six and taken countless trips, including WDW/DL about a dozen times. He's pretty indifferent about Disney trips these days, especially with so many things missing.
My kids have also been to about half the states, countless WDW and DL trips, but have also lived in 4 diff states (AK, NE, TX, NY). They've loved all the trips we've taken, and are anything but indifferent to Disney. While they're excited about going back to HI, to Europe, etc, Disney (esp WDW) is still their favorite place to vacation.

However, I do think that the future world section of EPCOT doesn't have the same impact as it had in decades past now that we all have so much of this "futuristic" technology at our fingertips. I was watching The Imagineering Story again recently and it showed kids using touch screens at EPCOT. It really struck me how many of the things we considered "science fiction" 20, 30 years ago (or even less) are now mundane, how difficult it must be to try to keep future world interesting and engaging for today's audience, and how difficult it would be to install attractions there that don't quickly become obsolete. I think the rapid advancements in accessible technology are part of why our family has always spent so little time in future world. Luckily, all the other things at Disney (being transported to these fantastical lands, being able to stay "in HI," having the characters come to life) are still engaging and magical for our kids.

My kids have also been to about half the states, countless WDW and DL trips, but have also lived in 4 diff states (AK, NE, TX, NY). They've loved all the trips we've taken, and are anything but indifferent to Disney. While they're excited about going back to HI, to Europe, etc, Disney (esp WDW) is still their favorite place to vacation.

However, I do think that the future world section of EPCOT doesn't have the same impact as it had in decades past now that we all have so much of this "futuristic" technology at our fingertips. I was watching The Imagineering Story again recently and it showed kids using touch screens at EPCOT. It really struck me how many of the things we considered "science fiction" 20, 30 years ago (or even less) are now mundane, how difficult it must be to try to keep future world interesting and engaging for today's audience, and how difficult it would be to install attractions there that don't quickly become obsolete. I think the rapid advancements in accessible technology are part of why our family has always spent so little time in future world. Luckily, all the other things at Disney (being transported to these fantastical lands, being able to stay "in HI," having the characters come to life) are still engaging and magical for our kids.
When I was a kid (in the 80's) a touchscreen was so futuristic! Whenever we encountered one we were enamored with it! My kids don't even know what to do when they use my non-touchscreen laptop. :)

Hi
I went to book a vacation in February and when I got to purchase tickets there was a park hopper add on available, which I took. However, they still said I needed to go to the park reservation system and make a reservation.
Did they announce the return of park hopping?
Im a little skeptical since it also made me make a park reservation?

Hi
I went to book a vacation in February and when I got to purchase tickets there was a park hopper add on available, which I took. However, they still said I needed to go to the park reservation system and make a reservation.

There has been no announcements on PH returning or how it would work with the reservation system, but they are available to purchase starting 1/1/21, so it's thought they may bring it back next year.

Hi

I took that option as well - but my guess is they dont' know if/when it will return but they are happy to take the money now to help the cash flow and then return it if they need to

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter