Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

I love love love the random character appearances. As a parent I appreciate the organized and efficient meet and greets, but I wish they could find a way to bring back random characters roaming the parks without the chaos (and random children in your pictures) that happened.

Thank you for the play by play reporting @yulilin3 ! Looks like someone just grabbed a bad moment and the situation resolved. I do think moments like that really stress the importance of masks. Disney is trying (crazy hard it seems) to maintain distance but people who go need to realize there will occasionally be bottlenecks.

I've been watching Resort TV 1's live stream all day and I've not seen issues with mask compliance or social distancing. That picture posted by DFB looks like an anomaly someone just happened to take a picture of.

I came here to say this -

Literally just saw a CM come up to them in line at the Jungle Cruise and tell them to back up to maintain social distancing.

I love love love the random character appearances. As a parent I appreciate the organized and efficient meet and greets, but I wish they could find a way to bring back random characters roaming the parks without the chaos (and random children in your pictures) that happened.

I really prefer this kind of character sighting, but I still enjoy getting photos (see avatar lol). My avatar is from Characterpalooza before people ruined it. M&G lines are just so tedious.

Couldn’t it be true that purchase orders are not what they usually are (regarding that rumour), not because they are intending to close in the near future but as insurance incase they have to again? Maybe it’s part of their plans not to keep as much things stocked as they usually did, bringing things in more often than before.

I don’t know, I didn’t go read more details wherever that was posted.

Couldn’t it be true that purchase orders are not what they usually are (regarding that rumour), not because they are intending to close in the near future but as insurance incase they have to again? Maybe it’s part of their plans not to keep as much things stocked as they usually did, bringing things in more often than before.

They would also be lower because guest numbers will be lower. If you're at 25% of the normal amount of guests, you only need 25% of the normal amount of food.

I've been watching Resort TV 1's live stream all day and I've not seen issues with mask compliance or social distancing. That picture posted by DFB looks like an anomaly someone just happened to take a picture of.
It wouldn't surprise me if those were people trying to return to SDMT immediately after it reopened following the rainstorm shutdown. Hopefully not so representative of the average experience today.

My gut tells me that they’re running a tighter supply chain with lower inventory levels.

It wouldn't surprise me if those were people trying to return to SDMT immediately after it reopened following the rainstorm shutdown. Hopefully not so representative of the average experience today.

They have bad luck. Opening on a rainy day.

My gut tells me that they’re running a tighter supply chain with lower inventory levels.

Yes, that’s what makes the most sense to me too.

Makes a lot of sense they could be doing a lot of things they didn’t before March to protect themselves more incase a shutdown has to happen again, but that doesn’t mean they have any intentions to actually shut down.

As I said earlier, people are going to get pictures just like this. The amount of activity on this one tweet is 50x more than any other post they’ve made today.

If anyone thought there wouldn’t be instances of this happening they were fooling themselves and of course those pics will get the headlines. It only takes one time and if there’s someone in that crowd who’s positive, that’s all you need. Lots of people have said CM’s can’t be everywhere all the time and they can’t. I have no doubt they’re doing the best they can today. At some point, people have to have a little common sense.

That said, no one will force you to get in that crowd of people. It’s going to happen and if you go, you have to be the one making a smart choice. Just walk past it.

Literally cannot ask for better than firsthand confirmation! Thank you!

It was reported earlier SDMT had a technical malfunction. This looks to me to have been a typical “when’s it going to be running again” crush. Though likely an isolated incident, an important learning point for Disney and kink to work out.

Easy enough for us when my family is there next week...if we see a crush like that, we walk away. Already standard operating procedure, in fact!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter