Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just doesn’t make sense that Disney would block out three hotels for the NBA when is seems that CSR and GDT has enough space to accommodate the NBA.

if they block out 3 resorts for the NBA and the ya still need to accommodate MLS, it makes me think Disney has no intention of opening any of the non-DVC/FW resorts until both leagues are done.
True, the NBA did request roughly 2000 rooms.

The problem with CR is that if you look at the food options they have listed on the Disney site for Bay Lake Tower, most of them are actually inside of the CR tower (the Wave, Wave Lounge, and Contempo Cafe). Using the CR for the NBA would mean the BLT guests would violate the bubble to get food, lol

Last edited:
This surprises me.. how will Disney be marketable if the world keeps moving in this more open direction, and Disney removes ALL festivities and festivals for ALL seasons? Everything else, including HHN, will be in full swing, and we will have nothing? This is going to be a hard hit.
Just go to HHN instead. 🤷

I’m trying to remember when it was, but all availability disappeared for CR a week or so ago. There was some discussion as to why and it raised suspicions then that perhaps it was going to be held back for the NBA.

Seems an odd choice, given its location, but would explain it being unable to book.
Maybe they are holding back availability for CR in order to move YC people over when the NBA or MLS takes over YC. When I changed my dates at YC (during the WDW opening date announcement), the CM was surprised when she checked YC availability. I don't know if she was surprised that it was available to book or maybe that the Sun and Fun discount was available.🤔

CSR and other stand alone resorts work so much nicer for a bubble. Control the roads in and out and everyone can mill about inside and outside on the grounds.

I am picturing regular guests standing at a barrier somewhere on the path circling Crescent Lake to catch a glimpse of an NBA player, and the players being gated into the small YC courtyard for outdoor time like zoo animals lol. Don’t mind me entertaining myself over here.

Maybe they are holding back availability for CR in order to move YC people over when the NBA or MLS takes over YC. When I changed my dates at YC (during the WDW opening date announcement), the CM was surprised when she checked YC availability. I don't know if she was surprised that it was available to book or maybe that the Sun and Fun discount was available.🤔

Wasn't the word MLS was heading to Jambo House? I'm so confused now lol. Can't keep up with these rumors! Really curious since I have plane tickets for Labor Day weekend and am waiting for resort reservations to come back up.

YC still seems like a weird choice to me even though the convention area is on that side. Unless they're counting the hotel side of BC to be part of the bubble?

So an extension will be automatic once extensions are processed.
Oh dear, I am paid in full on our APs and somehow I thought we would have the option of deciding whether to have them extended or receive the pro-rated refund once they announced for sure the length of the closure period. Guess we're stuck with the extension now. Sigh, I'm trying to follow all the news but I guess I misinterpreted that one.

Last edited:
Wasn't the word MLS was heading to Jambo House? I'm so confused now lol. Can't keep up with these rumors! Really curious since I have plane tickets for Labor Day weekend and am waiting for resort reservations to come back up.

YC still seems like a weird choice to me even though the convention area is on that side. Unless they're counting the hotel side of BC to be part of the bubble?

We already know that BC Marketplace and Beaches and Cream will be open for BCV guests, so BC is out of the bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter