Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shouldn’t say this out loud, but I feel like memory maker is one of the few things at Disney I can actually call a good deal. Not just good for Disney prices, but good. Especially on long trips.

I have one ride photo from my childhood Disney trips, I love that my kids can have every single one of theirs.
I agree. It is going to comeback to bite them. It is not the attitude to display in an economic downturn. It like they can’t remember it took them a decade and a reduction in the number of hotel rooms to return to their pre 2008 hotel occupancy numbers.

Maybe this has been shared already...

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/06/...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Am I the only one who suspects this will eventually become a permanent change? I mean, why wouldn't they? It basically forces people to buy the Memory Maker.

That is how the cruise line photographers are also they won't use yours no matter what, I know they are a 3rd party company. But even liability wise its not worth it. If the CM accidently drops someones camera or phone and it breaks.....enough said.

Can you still buy 3rd party?

Please be the death of date based tickets, please be the death of date based tickets. 🤞
No way will it be. If they keep the reservation system For the long haul (why wouldn’t they?) they can charge for a particular day and a particular park now. Go Thursday? $100 go Friday? $110. Go Saturday? $125. Go Saturday to MK? $135.
Hopefully they would still give some sort of multi day discount.

I agree. It is going to comeback to bite them. It is not the attitude to display in an economic downturn. It like they can’t remember it took them a decade and a reduction in the number of hotel rooms to return to their pre 2008 hotel occupancy numbers.
Maybe it is because i have friends involved in discussing and making decisions at wdw. Maybe its because I have a daughter who is a cm in the call center.maybe its because I've been a passholder for ages. Even when living out of state. But my opinion is disney tries. They fail sometimes and try again. And I'm OK with it. And I'll be OK with changes or decisions they make to come out of this period of closure.

No way will it be. If they keep the reservation system For the long haul (why wouldn’t they?) they can charge for a particular day and a particular park now. Go Thursday? $100 go Friday? $110. Go Saturday? $125. Go Saturday to MK? $135.
Hopefully they would still give some sort of multi day discount.
I'd count on the reservation system being a long term solution. At least for now that seems to be the intention if they can get the system sorted.

Maybe it is because i have friends involved in discussing and making decisions at wdw. Maybe its because I have a daughter who is a cm in the call center.maybe its because I've been a passholder for ages. Even when living out of state. But my opinion is disney tries. They fail sometimes and try again. And I'm OK with it. And I'll be OK with changes or decisions they make to come out of this period of closure.
I feel somewhat the same about Disney’s efforts, but that is not how many people are viewing it. The communication has been below par and it has even got me upset about the way they have handled a canceled thing that has directly impacted me.

I feel somewhat the same about Disney’s efforts, but that is not how many people are viewing it. The communication has been below par and it has even got me upset about the way they have handled a canceled thing that has directly impacted me.
They are struggling at the moment with the system and I think it has them preoccupied. The cms and leaders aren't getting information because until they finalize the system changes they cant make decisions

I will say I will be a bit shell-shocked if the new ticket system, etc., ends up working out to be a bigger than normal price increase during this time when a lot of people are struggling.

So was raising food prices in March when they were already closed...timing doesn't seem to matter too much anymore when it comes to increases, except for not going too long a time without them...

Did I miss something? How do you raise prices when you are closed?

They are struggling at the moment with the system and I think it has them preoccupied. The cms and leaders aren't getting information because until they finalize the system changes they cant make decisions

Is this new system going to be working in time for opening? Is it going to be working for us to make Park reservations and dining reservations?

Has your payment been updated for a new total without the dining plan? I keep checking mine and there is no monetary change. All of my reservations have been canceled though.
Yes. My TA says my amount due was reduced by the amount of the cancelled dining plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter