Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to let y'all know that there is a thread called "Resort Change by Disney" that provides some good rumors based on some insider infoon how Disney may be proceeding (I think the poster's name is HopperFan)!
Quite intriguing. Especially the part about they will go through each reservation manually...

TLDR for those who don't want to look it up: For the love of all things Disney, if you really want to go on that WDW trip soon book a refundable backup now. (And if you think life isn't fair now- buckle up lol. Some may be fine, others not so much...)

Hmmm Our dates are 6/26-7/3 and we got the 35% off email....
ETA: we also had the free dining
did they adjust your cost? Seems like they've just been adjusting people that have rooms from July 11 on. They haven't given any amount off a future trip yet that I've seen.

Quite intriguing. Especially the part about they will go through each reservation manually...

TLDR for those who don't want to look it up: For the love of all things Disney, if you really want to go on that WDW trip soon book a refundable backup now. (And if you think life isn't fair now- buckle up lol. Some may be fine, others not so much...)

Not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed that I do in fact have a backup resort booked for the backup trip to my backup trip. 🤣

Yikes.

I wonder if they’d be using who has valid tickets attached and who doesn’t as the first factor in who gets cancelled and who doesn’t. (If true blah blah blah usual this is speculation not fact disclaimer)

Maybe it doesn’t need to be said but... booking a value resort doesn’t mean the bookers are “lower income to those that can afford Disney”. Sounds like an incredibly entitled and arrogant attitude. I won’t get into a debate about the choice to buy into DVC or not. But I would argue that many high income families book a value resort for many different reasons, one of those being that it Is financially wise to not overpay on a resort that they only sleep in. Furthermore, there are many hard working families who save up for years to afford a Disney trip and choose to stay at a value to maximize their Dollar.
You shouldn’t think this way - it’s not correct. Most guests stay at every level
Of course.

What I’m saying is that it’s going to make Disney look good. They’re basically taking lower income relative to those that can afford Disney and giving them a better experience for the same price. This might offset some of the less than great experience in the parks due everything not up and running such as parades and fireworks.

No one care about the rich guy that overpaid.
Don’t think that. It’s completely untrue. I hope everyone gets to experience an upgrade to nicer accommodations while on a trip at least once in their lives. Such a great thing to happen when you’re on vacation!

did they adjust your cost? Seems like they've just been adjusting people that have rooms from July 11 on. They haven't given any amount off a future trip yet that I've seen.
No, but they aren’t taking reservations right now, so how could you see anything on a rebooked trip? Not a second trip you might also already have on the books but a rescheduled trip, moving our cancelled reservation to a future date. So same reservation basically.

Really?? Maybe that changed as of today?
I just took it as far as the final check out and it let me go that far. I could not add a regular park ticket. I couldn't even get to the page to look at options for a regular park ticket. But hey, if I want to shuck out $1300, I guess they'd let me. Interesting....

Not as of yesterday. I tried to upgrade DHs tickets to an AP & they said they can’t now.

Yeah it lets me get all the way to where you have to input your cc info the only options are for a platinum pass.

I've been checking that every couple of days because It was something I was considering for the second half of the year, and it's never been blocked as far as I've seen, even when they stopped all ticket sales. It would be a new AP purchase though, not upgrading existing tickets, so that's probably why; it's just the voucher being purchased, not an active AP just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!