Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a backup trip (August) for an April trip that was canceled and I have a backup to the. August trip that I scheduled after something rteez said scared me into it back a few weeks ago. Value resorts all the way.

That said I am really really skeptical about the rumors of WDW cancelling a bunch of mod and values reservations. Consolidation? Sure. Moving people to room of higher tier? Totally possible. But straight up cancelling a good chunk? Nope.
Why?
This current climate in America no corporation’s going to want even the suggestion of the appearance that they are favoring guests/customers in a higher socioeconomic class over the middle/lower class. They might have a logistical nightmare now figuring out room reservations but the potential PR fall out from retaining a greater percentage of deluxe reservations over moderate and value ones would be epic and won’t happen. No company, especially as vast as Disney is that stupid.

I got my new statement last night, and thats the only place I have seen the new cost. My Res is for Sept 11-17 and had paid in full (with free dining after canceling April trip) I paid using a two different cards. Today I got part of my refund on one of my cards but not the other yet. I'm actually surprised at how quick they are beginning to start reimbursing.
They refunded us on Tuesday.

I keep hoping this will extend to Military Salute tickets, but so far ours still expire 12/20.

I don't think it will since it would have to coincide with the release of the 2021 armed forces salute discount which has not happened yet. I don't think that usually gets announced until September.

I have a backup trip (August) for an April trip that was canceled and I have a backup to the. August trip that I scheduled after something rteez said scared me into it back a few weeks ago. Value resorts all the way.

That said I am really really skeptical about the rumors of WDW cancelling a bunch of mod and values reservations. Consolidation? Sure. Moving people to room of higher tier? Totally possible. But straight up cancelling a good chunk? Nope.
Why?
This current climate in America no corporation’s going to want even the suggestion of the appearance that they are favoring guests/customers in a higher socioeconomic class over the middle/lower class. They might have a logistical nightmare now figuring out room reservations but the potential PR fall out from retaining a greater percentage of deluxe reservations over moderate and value ones would be epic and won’t happen. No company, especially as vast as Disney is that stupid.
The only rumor I've seen is today and it didn't say "a bunch" nor did it call out value/mods specifically. It could be linked to tickets/no tickets. It could be linked to date of booking. It could be linked to the whim of the person doing the changes to your reservation.

What we have been cautioning is that Disney has every right to cancel any room they want whenever they want to so best be prepared.

The current climate in America- omg lol. The "current climate in America" doesn't care about people with the dough to spend on any type of Disney vacation. People's eyes mostly glaze right over if you try to talk value/mod/deluxe. Those who have looked into going/have gone will remember this stuff is stupid expensive and they've got enough real issues to care about today instead of you losing your hotel room at WDW in the midst of a pandemic [insert eye roll, violin, rofl emojis here]

I don't think it will since it would have to coincide with the release of the 2021 armed forces salute discount which has not happened yet. I don't think that usually gets announced until September.
Usually end of September, I think one year it was announced in October. I tend to agree these won't be extended.
I've been trying to convert a 4-day Salute ticket to a 6-day and SOG keeps responding no extensions on tickets (which isn't quite what I've been asking). Shades of Green said in an email to us they were waiting for guidance from Disney about extending the expiration date of 12/18/20. When I wrote back to clarify my question (since we want to do this in 2020), the response was:
"As soon as we find out if the tickets will be extend by Disney or not. Please check back with us. Sorry. "

The only rumor I've seen is today and it didn't say "a bunch" nor did it call out value/mods specifically. It could be linked to tickets/no tickets. It could be linked to date of booking. It could be linked to the whim of the person doing the changes to your reservation.

What we have been cautioning is that Disney has every right to cancel any room they want whenever they want to so best be prepared.

The current climate in America- omg lol. The "current climate in America" doesn't care about people with the dough to spend on any type of Disney vacation. People's eyes mostly glaze right over if you try to talk value/mod/deluxe. Those who have looked into going/have gone will remember this stuff is stupid expensive and they've got enough real issues to care about today instead of you losing your hotel room at WDW in the midst of a pandemic [insert eye roll, violin, rofl emojis here]
But Disney does need to worry about them right now. They are business and need to worry about what the people who have the cash to visit them think about them.

Usually end of September, I think one year it was announced in October. I tend to agree these won't be extended.
I've been trying to convert a 4-day Salute ticket to a 6-day and SOG keeps responding no extensions on tickets (which isn't quite what I've been asking). Shades of Green said in an email to us they were waiting for guidance from Disney about extending the expiration date of 12/18/20. When I wrote back to clarify my question (since we want to do this in 2020), the response was:
"As soon as we find out if the tickets will be extend by Disney or not. Please check back with us. Sorry. "
We are hoping to use our Salutes in November since our March and now June trips were cancelled. Also hoping Shades of Green reservations qualify as on Disney property to book park reservations. So many unknowns right now. I WANT to use my tickets before the end of the year, but it might not be up to me.

It honestly doesn’t bother me, because they usually don’t come out well when I hand over my phone lol. But I’m one who will always get MM.

I shouldn’t say this out loud, but I feel like memory maker is one of the few things at Disney I can actually call a good deal. Not just good for Disney prices, but good. Especially on long trips.

I have one ride photo from my childhood Disney trips, I love that my kids can have every single one of theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter