Crowds this week?

We were there this past week. The week after Thanksgiving was supposed to be a good week with lower crowds. Nope. Every park seemed really crowded except for Future World at Epcot. Much more crowded than in the past.

I agree. We just got back from a 7 day stay and the crowds were pretty bad.

Did week after Thanksgiving in 2017 and 2018. This year felt much more crowded overall.

MK was actually fine for us - used FPs, mobile ordering and refresh for Sun 11/25 and Fri 11/30. Did everything we wanted and more.

HS was beyond crowded on Thurs 11/29 (my frustrations were not helped by a cancelled Indy and Fantasmic).

I agree with others that Future World was lighter than World Showcase on Mon 11/26 - didn’t have much fun with the crowds around the world that afternoon.

I’m somewhere between commando and relaxed, but put on a smile and just enjoyed in spite of crowds. There were some interesting folks throughout who were definitely not happy about the crowds - and I never wanted to come across as that!

Not sure we will be back for another post-Thanksgiving trip (and certainly not next year).

I was at HS on 11/29 too and found it very frustrating as well. The crowds were the worst in any park all week and I have waited 20 years to finally see Fantasmic only to have it cancelled due to technical difficulties! You couldn't move in Toy Story Land, let alone look around and really appreciate anything. It was the worst experience I've ever had and the least fun day of my trip.

The crowds were a lot higher than I was expecting. Touring plans said it would be a 2 or 3 and if that was what it really was then I wouldn't want to be there when the crowd level goes up to 9 or 10. The best thing I did this trip was the MK After hours event on 11/26, only 500 tickets sold according to a CM at HM and I got to go on everything I wanted with no waits as many times as I wanted. I rode BTM 3x in the back row all by myself! I loved every single minute of it.

I was at HS on 11/29 too and found it very frustrating as well. The crowds were the worst in any park all week and I have waited 20 years to finally see Fantasmic only to have it cancelled due to technical difficulties! You couldn't move in Toy Story Land, let alone look around and really appreciate anything. It was the worst experience I've ever had and the least fun day of my trip.

Me, too! We have missed Fantasmic each time before for various reasons out of our control and were there an hour early pumped and ready to go. I was so, so sad. I doubt I’ll ever get a chance to see it. :(

Me, too! We have missed Fantasmic each time before for various reasons out of our control and were there an hour early pumped and ready to go. I was so, so sad. I doubt I’ll ever get a chance to see it. :(
Yeah I'm in the same boat. I doubt I will ever get to see it too but I suppose I have lived for 20 years without seeing it, so I guess life will continue on.

We found the HS crowds really heavy last week as well. Much worse than the other parks (with the exception of MK Saturday night).

We were able to do everything we wanted though (Tower of Tower at rope drop was awesome. We rode it twice in a row and could have gone several more times).

We did manage to see Fantasmic Friday evening. I was excited for my kids (14 and 16) to experience it, but they didn’t seem to enjoy it. :sad1:

The best thing I did this trip was the MK After hours event on 11/26, only 500 tickets sold according to a CM at HM and I got to go on everything I wanted with no waits as many times as I wanted. I rode BTM 3x in the back row all by myself! I loved every single minute of it.

The 11/26 DAH was the best thing I have ever done at WDW. It will be hard to ever top it!!

What Marie said. So much will depend on when Star Wars opens, but also, Thanksgiving is late next year, so I think you'll find that the week after may be busier than normal, since that first week of December the crowds always start picking up anyways.

I was a bit concerned going for the week after next year. We are seeing the same pattern over here on the other coast. Will shoot for the second week in December next year. We will be in park for 9 days so I think we can manage crowds/expectations.

Yikes...I leave for DW this Thursday and now I'm a little worried about how busy it's going to be after reading this thread.

We were here Nov 27 and leaving today. I did this same week last year. I felt there was a significant difference in crowds. I feel like it has been much more crowded this year. I don't think I would pick this week again.

I'm starting to wonder if it doesn't really matter when you go. We've been four times this year - January - February, July, August, and November, and while the wait times were less in July and August, it all felt about the same navigating the parks.

We were here Nov 27 and leaving today. I did this same week last year. I felt there was a significant difference in crowds. I feel like it has been much more crowded this year. I don't think I would pick this week again.

I only picked this week because of the Free Dining Plan offered back in April. I guess everyone has the same idea now.

I'm starting to wonder if it doesn't really matter when you go. We've been four times this year - January - February, July, August, and November, and while the wait times were less in July and August, it all felt about the same navigating the parks.
We stayed at the Poly and the line to board the monorail was always very long. Busses as well. I don't remember that from last year.

Just got back last night. It was crowded but honestly I didn't think it was all that bad. Actually a *ton* better than when we went last October.
The only crazy crowds were at MK on non-party days. If you're going, I would strongly suggest you go on a party day and just accept you won't see the MK fireworks. The crowds last Thursay morning in MK weren't bad at all - morning of a party day.

Just got back last night. It was crowded but honestly I didn't think it was all that bad. Actually a *ton* better than when we went last October.
The only crazy crowds were at MK on non-party days. If you're going, I would strongly suggest you go on a party day and just accept you won't see the MK fireworks. The crowds last Thursay morning in MK weren't bad at all - morning of a party day.
I do agree; the non party days at MK are really packed.

We stayed at the Poly and the line to board the monorail was always very long. Busses as well. I don't remember that from last year.
I feel like "it wasn't like that last year" has been the mantra on these boards all year. It's become pretty clear that the times that used to have tolerable crowd levels and weather are becoming a lot more crowded - and I think it's a change here to stay. Just my observation. :)

I went the 25th to the 30th and it was much more crowded then I expected. However, with using fast pass and the app we got on all the major rides with less than 15 minute waits. I just thought even walking through the park was crowded, especially toy story land & magic kingdom right after the parade.

Can I ask about the mobile ordering? I've seen it mentioned a few times. Is that part of the my Disney experience app or is it something separate? We're going back for our seperate trip next December and doing it completely differently than our first trip (this trip is off property, so no dining plan, minimal ADR) so we'll be doing a lot of QS and bringing food. Mobile ordering sounds right up our alley.

Can I ask about the mobile ordering? I've seen it mentioned a few times. Is that part of the my Disney experience app or is it something separate? We're going back for our seperate trip next December and doing it completely differently than our first trip (this trip is off property, so no dining plan, minimal ADR) so we'll be doing a lot of QS and bringing food. Mobile ordering sounds right up our alley.

It’s in the MDE app. Just under My Plans, you will see Order Food. Widely available in MK, some in HS and AK, and not very available in EP (as of now at least). You can set up your order, then click a button when you are near the QS spot to have them compile your order. It is such a timesaver.

Hmmm, we were there 11-25 to 12-01 and I had a really different experience with all of the parks. I wont do big crowds and it always seemed manageable to me. It really does requiring strategic planning of course (and perhaps spending some extra cash here and there). As mentioned a dozen times already, DON'T GO TO MK ON NON-PARTY DAYS, especially on weeks when there are 3 parties scheduled. I felt like Friday at MK had really great crowd levels. We did a full day there that day. Its true Touring Plans did crank the numbers up each day 2-3 points. Its our third year in a row going the post Thanksgiving week, and its true its no longer a 1-2 week on the charts. But I didn't feel overwhelmed.

Our week -

11-25 - Arrive - resort day - (TP predicted 4 - actual 2 at MK) - should have snuck over to MK!

11-26 - MK all day - day one ! (TP predicted 6 - actual 7 at MK) - 8am MK arrival with BOG 8:05 ARD. Ate quickly and did 7DMT 9(They opened 7DMT about 8:55 so we had advantage over RD crowd.), Teacups, WTP, small world, Peter Pan without a wait. Waited about 5 mins for Carousel. Grabbed a last minute FP for Dumbo. Did carousel again (make it stop :) ) Back in room by noon. Morning crowds not bad at all. Went back with just my daughter in the evening. Crowds were as heavy as I would ever deal with, probably a 6-7. Did Elsa Castle lighting, Buzz, People Mover. And then it rained hard! Even though we knew the rain would drive out the crowds we headed back to the room anyway. TP said MK 7 that day. I agree, but the morning was nowhere near as bad. That evening was the only time I witnessed heavy crowds.

11-27 - Epcot by 9:30 am with just my daughter.(TP predicted 3 - actual 5 at EP) (TP predicted 3 - actual 5 at AK) - Walked onto Mission Space green with zero wait. Future World practically empty. All of FPs were for AK in the afternoon so we waited standby for Frozen for about 25 mins. Left Epcot about noon. Not crowded at all at that time. AK in the afternoon did not seem crowded to me, not insanely so at least. We knocked out our FPs and got a last minute FOP for 4! Too bad FOP went down. Oh well free "any experience" fast pass at least. Left AK around 6:30. Great day!

11-28 - TS EMM at HS. (TP predicted 2 - actual 2 at HS) (TP predicted 2 - actual 4 at EP) - We did the TS EMM until about 10am including breakfast, then walked onto star tours about 10am with no wait. Left HS about noon. Did not seem insanely crowded to me. Epcot in the afternoon. Hit up Frozen again with last minute FP, Imagination (ugh), Grand Fiesta Tour in Mexico (daughter loves this ride for some reason!) did wait about 5 mins here which is unusual, ate dinner at Katsura Grill with all of the outside and half of the inside tables opened. Left about 6pm as our kids had been up since 5:45 for EMM. Epcot was definitely not too crowded that day.

11-29 - MK all day - day two! - (TP predicted 1 - actual 2) DD and DW had a 9:45 at CRT. DS and I did Tiki Birds, and Aladin x3 while waiting on them. 5 minute wait for Aladin each time. When then had JC, PoTC, and Tea Cups FPs to burn. Did Splash with just my DD(drop was a bit much or her :P) Again park did not seem busy. We stayed until around 1. Had to get kids to nap for MVMCP that night. Party crowds were not bad at all. Most rides had 5-10 minute wait although we didn't try 7DMT as we had done it 3-4 times already this trip. Very happy with the party.

11-30 - MK all day - day three! - (TP predicted 1 - actual 3)- Cant remember specifics, we just rode whatever we felt like and relaxed a little for our last full day in the park. Lines up about 40 minutes early for the FoFP so we could get front row(spot in front of the Christmas shop rocks!) DEFINITELY not crowded at all at MK that day.

12-01 - Leave :(

Man we did A LOT OF MK this trip. Thats what happens when you have young kids on a monorail resort. We are usually much more AK and Epcot heavy when we stay and CCV or BCV.

Overall it seems like crowds weren't bad if you were in the right park at the right time. Obviously this is just my experience though. Looking at TP the party days at MK were downright light, maxed out at 2-3 on TP.

I still feel like this is one of the best times of the year to go with the combination of weather, prices, and crowds.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter