Crowds this week?

We've been here since last Saturday night, and it felt like a switch flipped on Friday, with a big increase in crowds. At Epcot last night, people were 4 - 5 deep outside the ropes for Candlelight Processional and around the lagoon for Illuminations, while on Wednesday there were large swaths of empty space and you could pretty much wander up during the shows.

Hollywood Studios also felt crowded yesterday morning compared to when we were there on Tuesday, but we had to bail midday to visit First Aid (who then sent my kiddo on the lamest HS ride, the urgent care transport van).

I've noticed an influx of cheer/dance families at our resort (CBR), but I didn't really see them at the parks yesterday or at Disney Springs today.

We’re at MK also & were told they hit 70k today. Its packed.

We’re at MK also & were told they hit 70k today. Its packed.

I didn’t think MK was too bad yesterday but we went in expecting it to be packed, so maybe that made a difference? It definitely picked up between 3-4:30 (when we left) bc of the party crowds rolling in. EPCOT today wasn’t bad in the Future World area but the World Showcase was packed.

We were there this past week. The week after Thanksgiving was supposed to be a good week with lower crowds. Nope. Every park seemed really crowded except for Future World at Epcot. Much more crowded than in the past.

Got here Wednesday...I have never seen MK so packed in all my trips! Thur at HS was the same, could barely move through TSL. Things finally seemed better yesterday at Epcot....Soarin in the afternoon was only 40 minutes on Standby. Candlelight was packed for standby line, but as we made our way around from the 8:15 show via going past Germany, China to Norway, etc there was so much room for Illuminations viewing along the railing! I was shocked! Frozen ride was listed 30 minutes for Standby, we waited for 10 :)

Yep, it's packed. This is our first December trip and probably our last. We also were here in mid July and that trip almost seems empty crowd-wise to me compared to this one. It's hard to believe that I am even saying that.:confused3

I’m in HS right now taking a break and it’s slammed. We came for EMH and was able to knock out Toy Story Land in 45 minutes.
Headed to Magic Kingdom.

Has free dining been offered the week after Thanksgiving before? I wonder if that had something to do with it?

I think, though, that it seems to be busy year round now. There just are no slow times anymore.

I'm not sure if free dining was offered this week or if that had anything to do with it. Even the touring plans were wrong on what they had predicted.

MK is slammed tonight. The rest of the week was much more manageable.

We were in Magic Kingdom on Wednesday. It was insanely busy. I was quite bummed because everything I have read was that the week after Thanksgiving is one of the best weeks to go. Obviously everyone else read the same thing. It was crazy.

Non-party days are always bad. I learned long ago to avoid them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter