Cousin, eat until you sleep! Mom/Dtr. Trip, 2/17-2/24/18.*NEW TR Link* 5/1*

Great TR title reveal! Glad you both enjoyed your meal!

I'm sure you were missing Andi but nice to have some solo time! Glad you could meet up with Meghan :)

And you made it back just in time to watch the fireworks with Andi!

Andi and Casey are definitely cut from the same cloth, though finding anything with that short of a wait

I feel like its been years since I last rode splash. I swear its always down and its my favorite ride!

Love this. I don't think I've ever seen this magic shot before.

Casey does too!!!! She says the Poly is her favorite resort just because she loves the smell.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Love this and don't we all exemplify it on our trips!!!

I don't have a ton of interest in Ohana, except for everything I read about those amazing potstickers and noodles. I would totally be in carb heaven.

Didn't you know they are part of your family :P

So awesome you too got to meet !

This is perfection!!! I love the fireworks, but hate the wait and crowds, so maybe a balcony at the Contemporary needs to be in our future :-)

It was so nice to watch the fireworks from our balcony! I love the Poly, it smells so good. Ohana has been good, however, I think we have had our fill now.

You're too kind! It was so nice to get a chance to meet you and say hello. I was sorry to miss Andi, but I definitely understand why she needed a rest...the Ohana food coma is a serious matter!

How awesome to be able to watch HEA from your balcony! :lovestruc

I love reading your reports, so fun to meet you in person! Andi was so full from all the potstickers, ha, ha.

Loved the balcony for the fireworks and I could also see the water parade from our hallway, yay!

I'm going to! :thumbsup2

That's too funny! It would have become mine, too! :laughing:

Yum! I make this recipe for every holiday, found the recipe on Allears. :thumbsup2

Yay!!!

Trust me... I experience this all the time! :rotfl:

What a great evening!!! :goodvibes
Yay for a TR when you get back, I think I will write one for our trip but I want to finish this one first.
Oh my I will have to look up the bread pudding recipe on all ears yummy!

Great TR title reveal! Glad you both enjoyed your meal!

I'm sure you were missing Andi but nice to have some solo time! Glad you could meet up with Meghan :)

And you made it back just in time to watch the fireworks with Andi!
It was fun to have a little solo time to just do what I want ha!
We thought the cousin saying was a good one!
Yay for the great viewing of the fireworks!

Day 5. Yay for AK

Today was our first visit to my favorite park well tied with MK:woohoo: we didn’t realize today was an EMH morning so we got to the park right at 9am.

Dinosaur was our first ride and it was a walk on yippee. I took a picture of the ketchup, mustard, and mayo lines in the loading area. McDonalds was the sponsor years ago so it has to do with that. We had a great ride back to the early Cretaceous period!
DC229676-EF3C-46A1-BB41-02D6886C783A.jpeg 86CAA229-CE5C-4125-8463-662AA3DE07C2.jpeg

Next we walked over to the Everest area and found a really nice pp photographer so we had some pictures done. I think it is snowing in one, how fitting for us:rotfl:
6171E388-2A68-4821-A708-C5F96BAADB47.jpeg 6113D7CF-BBA4-49A2-9A3E-025D9F5B9011.jpeg

On to finding baby tigers! We had a nice time on the Maharaja trail. Visiting with birds and tigers!
The tigers are 6 months now and their names are Anala (sp?) and Jada. The tigers are Sumatra tigers from Indonesia and there are only 600 left in the world! Thank you informative CM! I can’t remember if the picture is the boy or girl baby with the mom.
357B736C-2D6F-4D32-87EF-887FE4627048.jpeg

I will admit to you all, I have a small bird phobia. I get a little freaked out when the birds are roaming around on the trail. This one in the tree really freaks me out!
3400AE69-CDC7-449F-BD25-A06A24E11A42.jpeg
This blue one is okay but still scares me a little!
10C89BFD-2DEC-4580-9145-606DDAE18070.jpeg
The rest of the trail was nice and peaceful!
E4995C19-93E2-487B-8D8C-F512438F22FD.jpeg 2FF66E94-703F-46B8-A85A-71C55AEC90C0.jpeg 99656471-ABB1-45BC-B89B-515EBA906B9F.jpeg

Stay tuned for more adventures in AK and yummy food!

Cont. from above post...........

Lion King show was next, I was excited to see this wonderful show, it had been in 2016 the last time we saw this. We were in the wart hog section. I love this show! We had good seats and could see the performers quite well.
03B1F91B-A94D-4187-9796-1528D3E61C0A.jpeg
Pandora was calling us after the show. It was almost time for our FoP FP. The walk across the bridge from Africa is so nice. The wait was posted at 4 hours and it was only around 11:00! I love this ride but 4 hours no way ain’t happening! The FP line was empty, we cruised all the way to the inside of the building and then we did have about a 20 minute wait. The ride was so fun, I am happy to hear the 3D glasses are now improved. I always thought the glasses were going to fly off of my face.
449FB76D-CCA3-41E2-85F3-D4B73C201195.jpeg 261A019B-4CD4-4956-8FE8-4D818F4D750D.jpeg
We didn’t stay to long in the bustling Pandora after the ride. Time to head back to Dinosaur for our FP+. We walked over there slowly and took another trip back in time. The SB wait was 40 minutes now so we were glad to have the FP.
C22BDFB1-8B24-446C-955D-355B32F9C372.jpeg
I do like the borders on the ride photos.
It was now time to put my Landry card to use at Yak and Yeti, yummy!
We got a few pp pictures by the restaurant before going in.
4B6BB0E7-2612-4151-9B5E-6A362C69644C.jpeg 9281AD69-7D7C-4FCA-85FE-5FAF2F177395.jpeg
I don’t know if I was whistling at Kaa or just being a dork!
Yak and Yeti had a hour wait but not for us no way, we were seated in less than 10 minutes, yay Landry’s card.
I ordered off the seasonal menu and had the fish tacos. These were very delicious. A little heat in the sauce complimented the Asian slaw with the deep fried cod. This was served with rice and stir fry vegetables. I loved this.
A78F79A7-EE32-488E-8494-FC90BF6FE717.jpeg
Andi had the Chicken Tikka Masala, this is served with nom nom naan bread and rice. She was very happy with her meal as well.
25332FE0-8B6D-4EA4-A86A-4080C7CF34D8.jpeg
We both were to full for the famous cream cheese wonton dessert, maybe next time.

The last stop we had before heading out of AK was a meet and greet with Mickey and Minnie.
We did not have to wait long and we were meeting the two world travelers! Such a fun meet. Both Mickey and Minnie were so nice and actually visited, we didn’t feel rushed.
CA31CF17-CB3F-421F-9922-90C8338D8855.jpeg 6C452565-1B0E-46B2-8742-4FFAB412950D.jpeg
AK was busy today, we looked in a few of our favorite shops then headed out to catch a bus back to BLT.

Stay tuned for Part 2, MK with our Minnesota friends!

Dinosaur was our first ride and it was a walk on yippee.
Yay! This is usually my go-to first ride, too. It's one of my favorites!

86caa229-ce5c-4125-8463-662aa3de07c2-jpeg.315912
Are you blowing him a kiss? This picture is awesome!!!

LOVE your Hakuna Matata shirt! :thumbsup2

The wait was posted at 4 hours
:scared1: No way Jose.

I am happy to hear the 3D glasses are now improved. I always thought the glasses were going to fly off of my face.
So glad to hear that! I had the same complaint about them myself.

Sounds like a lovely meal, too. I haven't tried that restaurant yet, but I know I'd just love their menu. Someday soon!

Love the poses in your first Dinosaur ride photo! And lots of cute PP pics!

Sounds like a great morning at AK! 4 hour wait for FoP is CRAZY, thank goodness for FP!

Yum, sounds like a good lunch!

Ending your time at AK meeting Mickey & Minnie is perfect!

Today was our first visit to my favorite park well tied with MK:woohoo:

I'm with you there! If I only had one park day, I'd always pick MK on principle, but AK is my favourite. :lovestruc

I will admit to you all, I have a small bird phobia. I get a little freaked out when the birds are roaming around on the trail.

Understandable!! Definitely don't subject yourself to the torture of the aviary at Discovery Cove then!

The wait was posted at 4 hours and it was only around 11:00! I love this ride but 4 hours no way ain’t happening! The FP line was empty, we cruised all the way to the inside of the building and then we did have about a 20 minute wait.

That's so wild. Good thing you had that FP! 20 minutes it much better than 4 hours!

These are great photos! You all look so cute! I love Mickey and Minnie in their safari outfits. And how nice that they took time with you to visit.

Looks like a great day at AK! We had a similar experience with Yak & Yeti telling everyone 65 minutes wait and we were seated with the Landry's card in about 30 seconds. My veteran parks friend's jaw about hit the floor when they called my name - that alone was worth the price of the card! Of course she signed up for one too while we were there. Andi's tikka masala looks good! I am never cool enough or hungry enough to want curry in AK - I always want something cold and refreshing. Or egg rolls because they're just amazing vacation junk food!

I love Dinosaur too, way more than anyone else in my family. It's so quoteable! They're not gonna make it!

So glad you ladies had such fun. I'm enjoying reliving it with you!

Time for Part 2 of Day 5. “MK with our friends from Minnesota”

By the way, it is still winter here in Minnesota, our neighbors to the south, Minneapolis and St. Paul are getting hammered with snow and wind, again!!
So far, we just have the winds howling off Lake Superior, feels like February for sure!

Here are a few pictures on the Contemporary grounds, we took these in the afternoons on our breaks. It was so fun to explore the area and to smell the awesome lobby at the Contemporary.
3E259C5F-AC16-4BB4-A68C-1530297B3418.jpeg 04134494-76B9-4C62-B5A8-19D790D90F73.jpeg
071294A6-9A42-412C-AA83-F59D0481C28A.jpeg
Not sure what I am doing with my legs here but “awkward”
We walked over to MK and found our friends on Main Street at the Confectionery yum smells so good in here. Disney has the best smells in the world. Andi got a Mickey brownie treat and I had the chocolate covered strawberries, love these.
95139467-7723-4215-98F3-92BA5EB689AC.jpeg
I didn’t get a picture of the strawberries oh well these were delicious!
We walked down Mainstreet and checked out the Dooney purses and Pandora charms, oh boy I want it all, lol! We all had HM FP+ at the same time so we had a little time to kill so of course, people mover it is. The park was crowded and PM had a 15 minute wait, not bad, we visited in the line and had a fun ride high in the sky! Such a nice simple ride, I don’t know anyone on these boards that doesn’t love the PM. If you are out there shame on you! Ha,Ha!

It was now time for HM, very busy FP area but it did constantly move until we reached the mansion. I rode with C (the mom) and Andi rode with P. We loved it as usual. It was a beautiful evening weather wise.
E07DC8B4-3BB0-42B6-BD10-0A91DBA99C78.jpeg

We definitely wanted to watch HEA so it was time to stake out a good spot on Mainstreet. C and I went to find a spot and the girls went to get some popcorn and a churro. We did find a great spot by the hub and pretty darn close to the castle. We did have at least an hour to wait so we sat down and visited. The ground is getting harder to sit on the older I get, ouch. I did survive and the girls came back with snacks and soon it was time for the show. This was the first time I was able to see the whole show without obstructions, it was awesome. We even had a perfect view of Tinkerbell taking her flight from the castle. I didn’t take any pictures because it was so enjoyable to have such a good spot! C & P loved the show, it was there first time seeing the new show.

After the fireworks, C and I made our way out of the park, she got a bus to the Swan and I walked back to BLT. The girls were staying for some EMH this evening. I had a wonderful peaceful walk back to the resort. It was amazing how the atmosphere would go from crazy crowded to just me walking on the pathway, loved it.

I decided I was hungry so I went into Contempo Cafe for a kids cheeseburger meal with French fries, and grapes. This was really good, the burger was fresh and so was the bun. I was really impressed because most Disney QS burgers are meh! I had some of my big chocolate Mickey turtle treat for dessert. I settled in to watch some Big Bang Theory while Andi had fun at MK.
F96D679C-4762-4BDE-ADB8-09FE56439D55.jpeg 42F0BA66-7C55-4861-95FE-E576069C41CA.jpeg BC1594FC-5BFD-4744-A361-8FA31D01D598.jpeg F5161D58-2CA9-4D7C-8158-297A201761D2.jpeg
They are in the last row, hard to see.
231D6647-D397-43F5-88A2-97537DC0098C.jpeg

Food totals today
Yak and Yeti covered with my gift certificate ($100.00) with money left over:thumbsup2
Snacks at MK= $18.00
Contempo Cafe = $10.63

I would say another wonderful Disney Day in the books!

Stay tuned for Day 6. DHS and lunch on the Savanna!

Yay! This is usually my go-to first ride, too. It's one of my favorites!

Are you blowing him a kiss? This picture is awesome!!!

LOVE your Hakuna Matata shirt! :thumbsup2

:scared1: No way Jose.

So glad to hear that! I had the same complaint about them myself.

Sounds like a lovely meal, too. I haven't tried that restaurant yet, but I know I'd just love their menu. Someday soon!
Yes, I thought I would blow a kiss to that ornery Dinosaur :lovestruc
The line for FoP was the longest I had ever witnessed thus far, wow!
Food at Yak and Yeti:yay: was so good, you have to try it for sure!

Love the poses in your first Dinosaur ride photo! And lots of cute PP pics!

Sounds like a great morning at AK! 4 hour wait for FoP is CRAZY, thank goodness for FP!

Yum, sounds like a good lunch!

Ending your time at AK meeting Mickey & Minnie is perfect!
Thank you, I am finally able to keep my eyes open and not scream on this ride. I didn’t even know that big Dinosaur at the end comes at you when you go down the little hill until last year:laughing: and I had been on this ride so many times!

I'm with you there! If I only had one park day, I'd always pick MK on principle, but AK is my favourite. :lovestruc

Understandable!! Definitely don't subject yourself to the torture of the aviary at Discovery Cove then!

That's so wild. Good thing you had that FP! 20 minutes it much better than 4 hours!

These are great photos! You all look so cute! I love Mickey and Minnie in their safari outfits. And how nice that they took time with you to visit.
I love AK, such a beautiful park. Andi always laughs at me about the birds!
Mickey and Minnie were so fun this time around.

Looks like a great day at AK! We had a similar experience with Yak & Yeti telling everyone 65 minutes wait and we were seated with the Landry's card in about 30 seconds. My veteran parks friend's jaw about hit the floor when they called my name - that alone was worth the price of the card! Of course she signed up for one too while we were there. Andi's tikka masala looks good! I am never cool enough or hungry enough to want curry in AK - I always want something cold and refreshing. Or egg rolls because they're just amazing vacation junk food!

I love Dinosaur too, way more than anyone else in my family. It's so quoteable! They're not gonna make it!

So glad you ladies had such fun. I'm enjoying reliving it with you!
I am with you regarding the Landry’s card, such a great little card. Andi used it last weekend at the Mall of America with her friends. They went To Rainforest Cafe and the wait was over an hour and Andi’s Friends were bummed until Andi pulled out the Landry card and they were seated right away. They were impressed!
I remember when AK had pm EMH years ago, Andi and I would ride Dinosaur over and over:laughing:

I decided I was hungry so I went into Contempo Cafe for a kids cheeseburger meal with French fries, and grapes. This was really good, the burger was fresh and so was the bun. I was really impressed because most Disney QS burgers are meh! I had some of my big chocolate Mickey turtle treat for dessert. I settled in to watch some Big Bang Theory while Andi had fun at MK.
View attachment 316241 View attachment 316243 View attachment 316244

Okay...something is puzzling me. If y'all are from Minnesota and it's still winter there, why do they need sweatshirts? :lmao: I remember when I was stationed at Homestead I'd see people at Miami beach IN THE WATER in February.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter