Course by Course, One By One, 'Til You Shout "Enough I'm Done" *NEW* 10/3!!

Glad things worked out with DTD and you got the Disney Infinity stuff you wanted. Still haven't made the plunge to get that yet as I know it will be a time sucker for me :lmao:

You guys look great all dressed up for your big meal! That picture of Jeremy in mid-air is pretty phenomenal :thumbsup2

can't wait to hear and see more ... ok, read and see more ... about your meal!

I kinda lurked on some of your other reports but figured I would actually say hi this time. Sorry it rained so much for you, but it looks like you were still having fun! I really want to try disney bounding next time, but it will take some convincing for the husband to join in. Haha. So excited for the V&A review. We are eating there for our honeymoon (well not the chefs table) and I'm super excited about it!!

Glad things worked out with DTD and you got the Disney Infinity stuff you wanted. Still haven't made the plunge to get that yet as I know it will be a time sucker for me :lmao:

You guys look great all dressed up for your big meal! That picture of Jeremy in mid-air is pretty phenomenal :thumbsup2

can't wait to hear and see more ... ok, read and see more ... about your meal!

Disney Infinity would definitely be a time sucker, it is a really cool game to play with kids though considering it is pretty much Toy Story where you can build whatever you want and play with the characters however you want! We don't have kids and still find it to be a blast!

I feel like we need to take more shots of us jumping in the air, I wish I could get a good one in front of Cinderella Castle! Pretty much showing the excitement of being there!

Meal post should be up sometime later today! Hopefully sooner than later!! :thumbsup2

I kinda lurked on some of your other reports but figured I would actually say hi this time. Sorry it rained so much for you, but it looks like you were still having fun! I really want to try disney bounding next time, but it will take some convincing for the husband to join in. Haha. So excited for the V&A review. We are eating there for our honeymoon (well not the chefs table) and I'm super excited about it!!

Awesome!! I am glad you came out to say Hi!! :hyper:

It's ok about the rain, we always bring the umbrellas just in case anyway. Local people laugh at us about it, but I would rather carry an umbrella than walk around in a poncho.

Disneybounding can be really subtle if you make it that way! You should do it least if he doesn't! It is pretty fun and really cool when someone notices who you are trying to portray! Do you think he would not wear any of the types of things that Jeremy wears for his Disneybounds?

How awesome!! I think you guys will have an amazing time at V&A! Everyone is so friendly and just fantastic! If you are in the Main Dining room you should request to have Chris as a server, he is pretty amazing! Or if you are in QVR, Beth & Mike! All of the staff is great though, so you won't go wrong with anyone! Hopefully I will have the food portion of the Chef's Table up later today!!

Yay Honeymoon! Does that mean you already got married and are waiting on the honeymoon, or are you getting married soon?? I didn't know because you said husband? Disney Honeymoon is always a plus! Jeremy and I went to Disneyland for ours! :banana:

Awesome!! I am glad you came out to say Hi!! :hyper:

It's ok about the rain, we always bring the umbrellas just in case anyway. Local people laugh at us about it, but I would rather carry an umbrella than walk around in a poncho.

Disneybounding can be really subtle if you make it that way! You should do it least if he doesn't! It is pretty fun and really cool when someone notices who you are trying to portray! Do you think he would not wear any of the types of things that Jeremy wears for his Disneybounds?

How awesome!! I think you guys will have an amazing time at V&A! Everyone is so friendly and just fantastic! If you are in the Main Dining room you should request to have Chris as a server, he is pretty amazing! Or if you are in QVR, Beth & Mike! All of the staff is great though, so you won't go wrong with anyone! Hopefully I will have the food portion of the Chef's Table up later today!!

Yay Honeymoon! Does that mean you already got married and are waiting on the honeymoon, or are you getting married soon?? I didn't know because you said husband? Disney Honeymoon is always a plus! Jeremy and I went to Disneyland for ours! :banana:

I think I will have to show him your pictures of disney bounding so he will see its not that bad! :) I think his main thing was he didn't want to have to buy a lot of new clothes, but I think we can work with what he already has.

We are going to be in the main dining room. That's great to hear everyone there is awesome. I was worried about it being too stuffy, but we really wanted a nice dress up dinner for our honeymoon.

And yes we are already married. Tomorrow it will be three weeks already! But I was in one of my bridesmaid's weddings that was 2 weeks after mine so we just thought we would wait. We are leaving on Thanksgiving so it just works with our holiday and vacation days too. Plus we got engaged around Christmas so it will be really nice to see all the decorations when we are there.

I think I will have to show him your pictures of disney bounding so he will see its not that bad! :) I think his main thing was he didn't want to have to buy a lot of new clothes, but I think we can work with what he already has.

We are going to be in the main dining room. That's great to hear everyone there is awesome. I was worried about it being too stuffy, but we really wanted a nice dress up dinner for our honeymoon.

And yes we are already married. Tomorrow it will be three weeks already! But I was in one of my bridesmaid's weddings that was 2 weeks after mine so we just thought we would wait. We are leaving on Thanksgiving so it just works with our holiday and vacation days too. Plus we got engaged around Christmas so it will be really nice to see all the decorations when we are there.

Definitely not stuffy!! So just enjoy yourself in there. They are all about you having a great meal and enjoying your time. I remember the first time we went, we felt like we had to sit up straight, use the correct fork, be on our best behavior! But once we started our meal, it is nothing like that. Everyone is there for the same reason you are, to enjoy themselves! So you should go in there with no pressure at all!

You picked a fantastic time to go down there, all the decorations are so amazing! It is really great that it worked out like that with your vacations and everything else! Best wishes for a long and happy marriage!!! If you are going to Disney for your honeymoon you are off to a great start!! :thumbsup2

Precisely at 5:00 we were led in through the beautiful frosted glass front doors of the restaurant. Viviana wanted to take us back to the Chef's Table so we waited at the host stand at the front for a few moments until she made it up there. We were then led through the Main Dining Room of the restaurant and into the kitchen. We were the first guests in there so everything hadn't really started yet back there. All of the chefs were skillfully and silently working at their stations. It is so neat and clean in the kitchen, everyone has a job to do, and they all know how to do it with fantastic results. As we were led through the kitchen we got to say Hi to some of them and then we were seated at our table which was pretty much like a dinner theater for me because of how much I love to cook!!

Our servers for the evening were going to be Beth & Mike! We were so excited, I always have such a great time talking to them about food! We also got to meet Boris who is the Manager over at Citricos, he was shadowing Viviana for the night because Israel is on vacation. A few of the other servers we have had previously stopped in to say Hi too! We got to see Chris and Garrett, it is so nice to get to know some of these wonderful people! Chef Scott was off for the night so we got to see the amazing Chef Aimee. She is the Sous Chef of the restaurant and takes over as Head Chef on the nights where Chef Scott is not in.

JeremyChefTable_zpsbef7817f.jpg

One of the first things at the beginning of the meal was a champagne toast with the Chef, you could definitely see my excitement of being in here!

AndreaChampagne_zps7a1ce87e.jpg

It is definitely a totally different vibe in the Chef's Table from being in either the Main Dining room or Queen Victoria Room. Having been in all three, I am really glad that Chef's Table was not our first experience at the restaurant. You miss out on so much of the romantic atmosphere being here in the kitchen. Bright lights, bustling staff, I highly recommend trying the other before coming back here. The good news is, the bright lights made for some great photos! No Flash Necessary!

VicAlbPlate_zps9a2f8956.jpg

We were presented with the menu for the evening, everything on there was something we had experienced before, so we were eager to get to eat all of it! I noticed right away this tray of Multigrain bread, which is the third bread course. It is my favorite, and it was sort of taunting me for what was to come later on in the meal!

BreadForLater_zpsf7482d4f.jpg

We didn't have to look at the Wine or Water menus, they had already pulled our favorites for us and had them waiting (Hildon Still Water is Awesome BTW)! So we pretty much jumped right in for this culinary experience! First up was our Amuse Bouche, a lovely little starter which just reminds you of the deliciousness and decadence that will be coming your way with the rest of the meal!

Amuse-Bouche
Maine Lobster "Jar" with Siberian Osetra Caviar

AmuseBouche_zps321dd591.jpg

The Maine lobster is so sweet and wonderful. It has such great flavor that they dress it really simply with a vanilla aioli. The caviar on top, if I am not mistaken, is a Florida Siberian osetra caviar. It is served in a jar with a Mother of Pearl Spoon. I also took a photo with some bites removed, so you could see the inside of it!

AmuseBoucheInterior_zps18275309.jpg

It was so exciting getting to watch some of our favorite dishes being prepared, pretty much from the beginning. Warren was prepping a sauce, but later on we got to see him working with some octopus which he was placing in olive oil for it's braising process the next day.

WarrenMakingSauce_zpsdd9fa524.jpg

Something which is also different in the Chef's Table is a selection of salts from around the world as well as two peppers that you can sample. They consisted of a Black and Pink Himalayan salt, a Fennel Pollen Salt, Philippine Sea Salt, and two different peppers! All of them were amazingly delicious, I think our favorite was the Black Himalayan!

SaltSelection_zps5cf1fd50.jpg

Before our first course came out, we received the Hand-Rolled Baguette and unsalted butter from the Vermont Butter & Cheese Company. The baguette and all of the other breads for the evening are made by the very talented pastry chef Erich Herbitschek and his team.

BreadCourseOne_zps7e881124.jpg

When we were presented with our menus our first course was supposed to be the Jumbo Lump Crab with Cucumber Gelee. We were fortunate enough to have that before and it was wonderful. Chef Aimee came over and let us know that since we had eaten most of the things on the menu before they were going to prepare some things new to us! I was really excited about that, and if it was possible, I seemed even more excited than I was before! I feel like they could cook someone's shoe and it would be delicious! So what was our first course then??

First Course
Poussin with Pickled and Marinated Heirloom Tomatoes

CourseOnePoussin_zps09c56900.jpg

In the back of the photo you have the Pickled Heirloom Tomatoes with Hearts of Palm and the most slender crisp little french green beans I have ever seen. In the center you have a stripe of tomato puree with a balsamic vinegar froth and artichoke hearts. Also, can you see that powdery looking stuff to the side?? That is Olive Oil Powder...I love Molecular Gastronomy and here they sort of just ease you into it, but it is so fantastic the way they do it! In the front of the photo, there is a breast piece of the Poussin on a lovely bed of ratatouille. I have a tender heart so I would rather not describe what Poussin is...I know...but if you don't and want to, you can look it up. For the purposes of this TR, we will just call it "chicken"!​

For our next course, we have something that seems to be a favorite of everyone who dines here. They say people would riot if they took it off the menu. I have had it a few times now, so even though it is GREAT, I am so glad we are getting to try new things as well!

Course Two
Hot "Smoked" Niman Ranch Lamb with Fuji Apple and Curry Dressing

CourseTwoLamb_zps2698dbfe.jpg

This is one of those dishes that is a show unto itself. It comes out to you in a beautiful glass cloche filled to the brim with smoke. It gets set down in front of you and simultaneously, they lift off the dome and the wonderfully smoky scent is wafted in your face and you immediately want to start to devour it! So the lamb is seasoned with Garam Masala and as it finishes cooking is painted with a luscious curry yogurt. The Fuji apples are poached in Riesling and then it is lovingly topped with a thin crispy slice of radish and a Sorel leaf. The best way to eat it is to eat all of the components in one bite! If you do, you are in for a taste explosion! After you eat this, it will be made clear why this is a dish they cannot remove from the menu!​

For our third course of the night we were originally supposed to be having the Fennel Crusted Diver Scallop in a Salt Bowl. However, when we were served our next course, we were surprised again with a new dish that they were trying to see about putting on the menu. Chef Tom who was acting Sous Chef for the evening explained this wonderful dish to us.

Course Three
Sumac Crusted Diver Scallop with Preserved Lemon

CourseThreeScallop_zps83a2c210.jpg

Oh My Gosh!! This was such a refresher type course. Usually everything you eat has a richness to it. This has such an explosion of citrus flavors it really made an impact on my taste buds! So the scallop was sumac crusted and then the rest of the dish had meyer lemon, leek, and lots of spices such as ginger and cardamom. It was topped with a crispy kale leaf, caper berry, and a lovely little baby leek! Definite thumbs up from both Jeremy and I! It may have been the most memorable dish for me the entire evening! Then again, I am partial to acidic type dishes!​

Stay tuned for the next part of our night at the Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table!! If you love food like we do, you will want to keep reading for sure!!

Yumm. Everything looks amazing!! I think the scallop dish looks like my favorite so far. Can't wait to hear about the rest of it!!

All caught up!

Your Food & Wine photos have my mouth watering! Can't wait to see more!

I'm sorry it rained on your parade and party. I don't imagine they issue refunds for rainouts. That parade is my favorite part of the MNSSHP. How disappointing.

You both looked so nice for your dinner! I'm jealous of how often you two are able to go to Victoria & Albert's. Looking forward to the next part.

Very cool how you get to go through the kitchen - and I agree with you about it being like dinner theater!

I think I would have been initially a little disappointed to learn that Chef Scott was not in - I am sure it was still amazing and all but I would want to meet The Man!

Interesting that you say you are glad this wasn't what you did for your first time there as we just had our first time there and it was for our anniversary and we thought about doing Chef's table but I was thinking the main dining room would be more romantic and more about "just us" enjoying the experience. Plus, doing Chef's Table in the future is another reason to go back! :thumbsup2

Did you have any input prior as to what the menu would be? From research sounds like you can kinda customize the menu based on your likes/dislikes? Just curious about that process as since my wife doesn't eat Beef or Pork we would need to have some customizing done.

That's great that they kept track of what wine and water you like in the past and had that ahead of time.

Wow, that is quite the amuse bouche! and such a fancy spoon too!

Salt sample platter is very cool ... did they offer suggestions as to which would pair best with each dish?

The poussin looks really good - and I like that they do some molecular gastronomy there but you feel like it adds to the dish and isn't being done just because they can and it is cool

Very cool that you got to try something they are considering adding to the menu. That sounds like a really good mid-meal dish as with the lemon it probably helped refresh your palette a bit. Looks very good .... virtual thumps up from me as well :thumbsup2 ;)

Yumm. Everything looks amazing!! I think the scallop dish looks like my favorite so far. Can't wait to hear about the rest of it!!

The scallop dish was great!! It was so refreshing and lemony! I really enjoy dishes that are so unexpected like that!

All caught up!

Your Food & Wine photos have my mouth watering! Can't wait to see more!

I'm sorry it rained on your parade and party. I don't imagine they issue refunds for rainouts. That parade is my favorite part of the MNSSHP. How disappointing.

You both looked so nice for your dinner! I'm jealous of how often you two are able to go to Victoria & Albert's. Looking forward to the next part.

I can't wait to go back tomorrow! I hope we get down there in enough time to catch the Sugar Ray Eat to the Beat Show!

At least we did still have a good time at the party! We also have tickets for the one on Thursday night, so I will keep my fingers crossed that this one doesn't get rained on!

Thank you so much! I was so worried about wearing something too nice inside of the kitchen, I knew it was going to be hot in there, so I didn't want to be sweating the whole night...LOL It turned out fine though! We are really careful all of the time in what we spend, if we want to buy something, we always say would I rather have this more than another dinner at V&A, if the answer is no, then that amount of money goes into the savings for the dinner. It is a nice way to save up the funds for it a small amount at a time! We forego lots of things for that place...LOL :rotfl2:

Very cool how you get to go through the kitchen - and I agree with you about it being like dinner theater!

I think I would have been initially a little disappointed to learn that Chef Scott was not in - I am sure it was still amazing and all but I would want to meet The Man!

We are very fortunate enough to have met Chef Scott a few times before, on the previous trip he was even gracious enough to let us peer into the kitchen so we would know where we were going to be when we came back. I was definitely hoping he would be there again, but Chef Aimee is so wonderful too, she is so friendly and talented, it is still a fantastic experience. I can see though, how if it would be a potential let down when you think you are going to see Chef Scott, and he isn't there.

Interesting that you say you are glad this wasn't what you did for your first time there as we just had our first time there and it was for our anniversary and we thought about doing Chef's table but I was thinking the main dining room would be more romantic and more about "just us" enjoying the experience. Plus, doing Chef's Table in the future is another reason to go back! :thumbsup2

Yes, to that logic!! Being in the kitchen on your first experience there would be way too overwhelming. Being in the main dining or QVR is much more romantic and you really get to focus on the atmosphere of the restaurant. If you go straight back in the kitchen, you miss so much of what makes Victoria & Albert's such an amazing restaurant. I really feel like had I gone in the Chef's Table first, we may not have gone back. Now, I even feel like being back there, once was enough. I missed being out on the other side.

Did you have any input prior as to what the menu would be? From research sounds like you can kinda customize the menu based on your likes/dislikes? Just curious about that process as since my wife doesn't eat Beef or Pork we would need to have some customizing done.

It is pretty much the same as the other two rooms, they call ahead and ask if there are any allergies or dislikes, etc. Jeremy and I don't have any allergies, and as far as dislikes, I can't imagine eating anything in there that I wouldn't like...LOL We always tell them to give us whatever the chef wants to make us. I always think of that movie Last Holiday...and think of that chef when he says "No Substitutions" That is how we go in there. But they definitely will not make Beef or Pork if she doesn't eat it! So no worries there at all!

Wow, that is quite the amuse bouche! and such a fancy spoon too!

Salt sample platter is very cool ... did they offer suggestions as to which would pair best with each dish?

The poussin looks really good - and I like that they do some molecular gastronomy there but you feel like it adds to the dish and isn't being done just because they can and it is cool

Yeah, that Amuse Bouche is definitely one thing I look forward too, they do the same one in the Queen Victoria Room, and it goes back and forth between being Lobster and Crab. I was contemplating trying to make it at home since it is so simple, but then I would have to buy the caviar...that would break my future trip budget for sure...LOL

We only used the salts and peppers with our bread courses, I didn't want to to tamper with the chefs preparations, we were shown the salts at the beginning of the dinner and our menu was different than the presented menu, so I am not sure they knew which ones would go well anyway, they didn't even know what dishes were being given to us. Beth & Mike were just as surprised as we were most of the night...haha

One of the dishes in the next portion had a Corn Foam on it, and I am totally going to be making that at home, I even ordered some Soy Lecithin powder for Molecule-R to try my hand at making it! Seriously want to make some of that Olive Oil Powder too, I have this really cool book from the restaurant Alinea in Chicago, the ingredients for the dishes are so hard to come by, but I finally found a good source, I am excited to finally try some of them out!

Very cool that you got to try something they are considering adding to the menu. That sounds like a really good mid-meal dish as with the lemon it probably helped refresh your palette a bit. Looks very good .... virtual thumps up from me as well :thumbsup2 ;)

Yay! :thumbsup2 It would be so cool if in the future we get to go and it was on the menu. My birthday dinner is going to be our last time there this year. :sad: I am wondering if the menu will have changed any from the last time we were in the Main Dining room. I guess I will keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully I will have time to get the last part posted before we leave tomorrow morning. We were so busy this weekend with getting everything washed and ready to go!

I did it!! I am really really pleased with the results too!!! So I wanted to share it with you! If you guys get a chance to make it, let me know how it turns out!

Gave this a shot. Taste was VERY good, but texture, not so much.:sad1: I think I added to much flour because it was not light/airy/fluffy like it should have been. :guilty: or maybe I kneeded it to much? not sure. I am going to try the sliders and then think I will try making this one again. I usually do really really well with breads... so just don't know for sure what I did wrong.

Keep looking at all your pics from F&W and keep thinking "wonder if she is going to try that one!" LOL

AAshleySEG said:
Oh No! I hope everything is alright. ER doesn't sound so good

She has a pretty bad concussion. She has not been in school for almost 2 weeks now. When we were in the ER, I had come home from work to her on the floor and she was hysterical and couldn't get up. Scared the life out of me. She is doing better, but far from being well. They are telling us it may take some time to heal completely. She keeps getting extremely bad headaches and can't tolerate noise and light. The headaches are causing equilibrium/balance issues, thus why she was unable to get up when she fell.

So nice to see both of you together in a picture for V&A. I am just loving the experience and you haven't even shown the whole thing yet! I have a soft spot for Scallops and think it is awesome that they changed up the menu for you and the change to the scallop just sounds so yummy!

Hope you have a great birthday trip. Enjoy more F&W and hopefully a much less soggy party!

Finally following and catching up! Everything looks so awesome! We leave tomorrow, so reading everyone's reports is just crazy increasing my excitement!!

Ok I'm all caught up! Loved your dinner outfit, you both looked so good! And Jeremy's jumping picture was too funny, it was perfect! Can't wait to read more about dinner

Wow, what a great trip so far! Gotta love yelp, and it always helps to be flexible. The Pickled Palate looked yummy, and I'm glad you found another Panera, even if you missed your regular one. Who knew cupcakes could potentially save your life? So glad you were a bit inconvenienced and nothing serious happened.

Earl of Sandwich could be very addictive. We've only eaten at the one at DL, but I have looked to see how far the closest EoS is to us...much too far!!! Kona looked great, but that pina colava is calling my name. :hyper:

I can see why the Food and Wine Festival is one of your favorite things to do. I know I've heard about it for years, but reading your reviews and seeing your pictures really brings it to life.

Andrea, you are so creative! I love the Halloween costumes. La Luna is one of my favorite Pixar shorts. Now the LED lights and rope make sense. :thumbsup2 I wish you had better weather for MNSSHP! It helps that you've been before and that you were there with good friends. Your Disneybounds are fun, too.

And wowsers(!) the food. I know you said this would be a food-intensive trip, and it sure is amazing to see! The chef's table is incredible. It would be a lot of fun to try all the different sea salts, the smoky dish in a bell jar sounds so cool, and the scallop sounds delicious. What an evening to remember!

Oh yeah, I'm subbing! Sorry, I was late to the party. :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter