Course by Course, One By One, 'Til You Shout "Enough I'm Done" *NEW* 10/3!!

Really enjoying your trip report! Went back and read all of you past reports as well!! Looking forward to more:thumbsup2

Wow! That is a lot of material to read...haha! That makes me so happy that you are enjoying them! It is about time for me to go back and read them again, I need to relive some of those memories! Thanks for joining in, and I hope to have some more up soon! :goodvibes

I'm taking notes of stuff to try...all the pictures you posted look so goooood.

I'm enjoying your trip report and am loving all of the food pictures. We were there from 9-19/9-27 and you definately needed an umbrella or poncho.

I'm taking notes of stuff to try...all the pictures you posted look so goooood.

There are so many options it is crazy! There are still so many things that we didn't get to. I can't wait to get back there and try even more!! :thumbsup2

I'm enjoying your trip report and am loving all of the food pictures. We were there from 9-19/9-27 and you definately needed an umbrella or poncho.

Thanks so much! I am having fun writing it!! So we were there about the same time, cool! At least all of the clouds cooled it off! :thumbsup2

I'm a little late to the party! Your title caught me. I adore Beauty and the Beast :)

The party goes for a long time, so you are never late! Yeah, while I was trying to figure out how to explain this trip via trip report title, that part of the song immediately jumped into my head! We are Beauty and the Beast lovers too. We call our guestroom the "Be Our Guestroom"...LOL It is Beauty and the Beast themed, well nautical subtle B&tB anyways! :rotfl2:

After we were dropped off at the hotel, we had a few hours to rest and get dressed and ready to go the Halloween Party!! Just so you guys know...I LOVE the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!!! I love the Pumpkin Waffle Sundae, I love the decor, I love the Boo To You Halloween Parade, I love Hallowishes, I love the characters that are out...I don't like trick or treating because I am not too big on candy, but other than that...I L-O-V-E this party!

Before we get started...you remember those clouds from earlier? Well, they multiplied. It was raining outside. As we were getting dressed we kept peering off the balcony hoping that it would ease up...well it didn't, every now and then it would go to light drizzle, but it just kept raining. We pulled up the doppler on the television, and I think there was like a 90% chance of rain until 11:00pm then it dropped to like 70% or something...haha! Needless to say, we were going to be taking our umbrellas with us. This brings me to my next point which is really sad for me. I chose not to take my DSLR camera. It is pretty beat up as it is, and I didn't want it to get wet all night long.

We did have a phone and Memory maker though, so we were hoping we would still get some types of photos to remember the evening by. So once we were dressed in our costumes...we headed downstairs to wait on our friends to pick us up. So our costumes you ask? Maybe you didn't ask, but I will tell you anyways! So, in general, I like to do costumes that no one else will do. It is pretty hard, but I have been successful the past three years, the first year we were Wreck-It Ralph, Vanellope, and Fix-It Felix before the movie came out. Last year, Jeremy and I did the Red and Blue Umbrella from the PIXAR short "The Blue Umbrella"...and this year...we chose to do another PIXAR short!! If you have seen the movie Brave, then hopefully you have seen this one! It was called "La Luna" Here is a photo of Jeremy while we were waiting outside, there is a photo of me later on in the post.

JeremyLaLuna_zps81471c06.jpg

The stars look much better at night, I think I have a photo of a cupcake and one of the stars is in the background. Anyways, there will be a photo of us together in just a sec. Not too much longer we were picked up and on our way to the party. We got a really great parking space at Magic Kingdom, it was such a short walk over to the TTC, we jumped on the monorail and then we had made it! Since it was raining, the characters that were going to be outside had been moved undercover and the first one that we came upon was Lotso. He was so cute and fun, He wanted one of Jeremy's stars from his costume, then we he got it he dropped it on the ground...LOL Oh well, definitely a fun character interaction though!

LotsoMNSSHP_zps6ac86ae6.jpg

After we saw Lotso, we noticed that the Monsters Dance Party wasn't going on, I am guessing because of the rain. We kept walking around, oh and our friends love to Trick-Or-Treat, so they stopped at every place to do that while we walked around. We were getting a little snacky so we tried to get some popcorn over toward Storybook Circus, but something was going wrong with their card system or something, so we ended up going all the way over to Maurice's Popcorn Cart and then Gaston's Tavern to grab a cupcake. I did take a photo of that with my phone. Even though it is not so good, but you can see one of the stars in the dark now!

GhostCupcake_zps093ba409.jpg

It was a really good cupcake, I don't like fondant too much, so when I make this at home, I am going to do it a little bit differently! Again with the rain, Gaston was supposed to be outside of his Tavern, but had been moved inside! Since he was in there, I am not sure anyone knew! We saw him and there was no one waiting to meet him either so we walked over! He had us admire his chandelier, after the fact I figured that I should've said, "I had heard you used antlers in all of your decorating!" After admiring his chandelier, we were supposed to admire him and his muscles...so we did...then we took a photo with him...LOL :rotfl2:

AdmiringGaston_zps70d7d565.jpg

HuggingGaston_zps300d6ed8.jpg

We finished up at the Tavern and went by to see if the seven dwarfs were out...nope, not sure where they were. They could have has an inside location too, but I didn't know where it was. Dan was dressed as Oaken from Frozen so they were going to stand in the line for Anna & Elsa. Jeremy and I were going to head over to see if we could meet Jafar and Tarzan/Jane. When we got over to Adventureland the line for Jafar was closed because he was about to be in the parade I think? So then we walked back over to Tarzan and Jane who didn't have a Photopass Photographer with them. We waited in the line for a bit anyway, but before we got to the front they changed out and Turk was the only one left. Dan & Mindy met back up with us a little bit later and they had decided to forego waiting in the Anna & Elsa line. So then we headed for them to do some more trick or treating until the first parade passes by.

Once the parade had finished we headed over toward Sleepy Hollow to get the YUMMY Pumpkin Waffle Sundae! That thing is so good you guys! I don't have a photo of the one at the party, but I do have a photo of the one I recreated at home before we went!!

We had to hurry to eat our waffle though, Hallowishes was about to start, we went over to Liberty Square in front of the flag poles, which is a really good view of the fireworks! When they were over we found a great spot for the next parade in the drizzle. We were hoping it would still be put on. The first parade did happen, and the fireworks, so we were keeping our fingers crossed that it would happen. While we were waiting Jeremy headed down to Westward Ho to grab two corn dogs for a later dinner snack. Again, no photo of those, but I do have the photo of the ones I made at home to recreate them!

A little while later the music started up and we were waiting on the Headless Horseman...well he never did show up. It was too wet I am guessing. The parade then started which was pretty cool and had some new additions and a few changes from previous years. Sadly, the ballroom dancers, cowboys/cowgirls, gravediggers, etc, were not doing their choreographed dances. It was probably not safe for them to. It made me a little sad to just see the gravediggers walking down the street like zombies, I HATE zombie anything, so seeing them like that kind of made it not so fun for me. On a happy note, Brer Bear and one of the Country Bears came over and absolutely loved our costumes! Brer Fox had to come over and take them away to get them to keep moving down the parade route! I think that is what saved the parade for me. It was also really cool to see Bowler Hat Guy in there!

After the parade was finished we walked over and went to ride Haunted Mansion, then made our way out of the party. It was a little sad that it literally rained on our parade. It was the first Halloween Party that I had been to which the rain never let up at all. On a much nicer note...since this one didn't turn out so well for us, we are going to be able to go to another one on my birthday trip!! I will keep my fingers crossed that it won't rain, and I will be able to take my camera with me this time, so I can have loads more photos!!!

Coming up in the TR, after a morning at Downtown Disney...we get to go to the Chef's Table at Victoria & Albert's!!! I have a bunch of photos from that!! Yay!! :cheer2:

Oh and I am HAPPY to report, that we have photos of the two of us together from our Victoria & Albert night!! So I hope I get to that one before you guys leave for your trip! :banana:

Wooohoo!! :thumbsup2 Riot averted!

Wow! So much food! I feel full just thinking about it! I will say I heard that the first day was a little rocky for some foods/booths so hopefully improvement was made after your visit. I mean who wants to eat slimey fish skin? :crazy2: Also I want some creme brulee when I am there! So fingers crossed. :woohoo:

Oh man! I hope the parade and fireworks don't get cancelled?!! That would seriously suck!! :guilty:

Wooohoo!! :thumbsup2 Riot averted!

Wow! So much food! I feel full just thinking about it! I will say I heard that the first day was a little rocky for some foods/booths so hopefully improvement was made after your visit. I mean who wants to eat slimey fish skin? :crazy2: Also I want some creme brulee when I am there! So fingers crossed. :woohoo:

Oh man! I hope the parade and fireworks don't get cancelled?!! That would seriously suck!! :guilty:

I am hoping that some of the food issues we had were definitely just a fluke! I am still planning on trying lots more food when we get back! I can't wait, I am not thrilled about turning 30, but I think it may be ok considering Disney is involved!

Yeah I second not wanting to eat Slimy fish skin. I really hope the creme brulee is better for you than it was for us!!

Looks like you were commenting at the same time I was posting about the Not So Scary Halloween Party!

Either they just aren't doing as good a job this year as in the past or you just really hit things on an off day

burnt caramel just sucks and ruins things - so that definitely is going to notch the creme brulee down a bit.

The crispy pork belly was awesome last year! One of my favorites (I think it was new last year) - so that stinks that it wasn't as crispy this year

I wish we were going this year to try the slider this year with the pimento cheese. Last year I think it was just cheddar on it and it was great - so the added dimension of a more "different" cheese was exciting to me. Glad you liked it! :thumbsup2

Bummer that you didn't like the Bacon Hash. I was watching the DISunplugged special show where they had gone to the festival and this was their favorite dish - so wondering if it was a bit of the "first day blues" you got and that some things at least got better

The venison sausage was also one of our favorite dishes from last year. Actually, the sausage itself I thought was good but nothing super special - but the reduction and the mushrooms were awesome and made the whole thing together really tops!

Oh no, those clouds do not looks so great .. ugh, I would be so bummed if rain put a damper (pun intended) on my party ... which it looked like it did - so sorry to hear that, but hopeful you get to another one.

I have never been to a party yet but one thing I really want to see if the parade and especially the gravediggers, doing their dance so if that got cut I definitely would have been sad.

Do love your costumes though!

Subbing! Going to our first ever MNSSHP and F&W in a few weeks. What time did you meet Gaston? Our family is hoping to meet him right after the party starts as we are dressing as Beauty and the Beast characters, but Kenny the Pirate listed him as not out until 9:45pm. I hope he's out closer to 7:30!

I did it!! I am really really pleased with the results too!!! So I wanted to share it with you! If you guys get a chance to make it, let me know how it turns out!

Planning on trying this one this weekend. Was going to yesterday, but ended up in the ER with my daughter. Will let you know how it turns out! Can't wait.

Either they just aren't doing as good a job this year as in the past or you just really hit things on an off day

burnt caramel just sucks and ruins things - so that definitely is going to notch the creme brulee down a bit.

The crispy pork belly was awesome last year! One of my favorites (I think it was new last year) - so that stinks that it wasn't as crispy this year

I wish we were going this year to try the slider this year with the pimento cheese. Last year I think it was just cheddar on it and it was great - so the added dimension of a more "different" cheese was exciting to me. Glad you liked it! :thumbsup2

Bummer that you didn't like the Bacon Hash. I was watching the DISunplugged special show where they had gone to the festival and this was their favorite dish - so wondering if it was a bit of the "first day blues" you got and that some things at least got better

The venison sausage was also one of our favorite dishes from last year. Actually, the sausage itself I thought was good but nothing super special - but the reduction and the mushrooms were awesome and made the whole thing together really tops!

Oh no, those clouds do not looks so great .. ugh, I would be so bummed if rain put a damper (pun intended) on my party ... which it looked like it did - so sorry to hear that, but hopeful you get to another one.

I have never been to a party yet but one thing I really want to see if the parade and especially the gravediggers, doing their dance so if that got cut I definitely would have been sad.

Do love your costumes though!

I am keeping my hopes up and going in with a fresh mindset next week to eat the food again. Then if things are just as mediocre, then maybe I will believe that they just weren't trying as hard this year...lol Crispy pork belly was so delicious the first time we had it, I was really really hoping it would be good this year too! I think my round two list has like 17 things on it or something, so we will will see how it goes, fingers crossed!

I am hoping that I will be able to recreate that pimento cheese suace at home, I was even thinking about making my own sliders buns too, see how actually close I could get to making them, we can't get slider buns around here anywhere, and since I don't want to use dinner rolls for them, it may be my only option.

You are so right about the sausage! The sausage is just a pretty good sausage, but when you add that black currant reduction and those pickled mushrooms, that dish goes to a whole different level! (It is on my list to eat again...LOL)

The Halloween Party is so much fun! I am hoping that we will avoid the rain at the second one, it is probably going to be a little more crowded but hey, at least we can wear our costumes again, this time I want to get lots more character pics and/or Photopass Photos! :banana:

Subbing! Going to our first ever MNSSHP and F&W in a few weeks. What time did you meet Gaston? Our family is hoping to meet him right after the party starts as we are dressing as Beauty and the Beast characters, but Kenny the Pirate listed him as not out until 9:45pm. I hope he's out closer to 7:30!

How exciting!! I hope you have such a great time!!

We saw Gaston in the Tavern pretty early, my receipt for the cupcake was at 7:50. I am not sure if his hours are different during the rain or not?? But he was definitely in there and meeting people by 8:00! We are going to another party on the 9th, so I may be able to check it out and see what time he comes out!

That will be such a great photo with you guys dressed as B&tB characters!!I can't wait to wear our costumes again, we always have so much fun!

Thanks for subbing! I am glad that you found the TR, and hope you enjoy it!! :goodvibes

Planning on trying this one this weekend. Was going to yesterday, but ended up in the ER with my daughter. Will let you know how it turns out! Can't wait.

Oh No! I hope everything is alright. ER doesn't sound so good :scared:

I hope it turns out really well for you when you get a chance to make it! The guys where Jeremy works loved it, they kept talking about the butter the rest of the day...haha, I was like, guys the important thing is the bread!!

After a long and rainy night at the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, we slept in a little. If you read our pre-trip report, our original plan was to have a miniature golf tournament today...well...we woke up to pouring rain again, so that wasn't going to happen. Our backup plan was to head to Downtown Disney, get a bite to eat, and then go over to Once Upon A Toy to get the newest Disney Infinity 2.0 figures and some power discs. It wasn't going to come out in regular stores until the 23rd of September, so Jeremy wanted to go over and pick them up since they were releasing them there early!

So we got up and dressed in our Disneybounds which were Jeremy as Perry the Platypus, he even did a little hiding as Agent P!

JeremyAsPerry_zpsd921b16f.jpg

AgentPHiding_zpsc6a98f4c.jpg

Some of you may recognize that hat if you have read my previous trip reports, we bought it in Charleston, SC on our anniversary trip! I knew it would come in handy eventually...lol! Anyways, I was dressed as Ferb, and in the once in a lifetime opportunity shot, you get to see me with my hair pulled back...AHHH!! Yeah, since it was raining a bunch, and we were going to Victoria & Albert's tonight, I didn't want to have to wash and dry and curl my hair more than once today, so I just put it up. It is very rare indeed that I do this! :eek:

AndreaAsFerb_zps30583ee6.jpg

So we hopped on a bus and headed to Downtown Disney, the first thing the driver said when we got on "No Typhoon Lagoon today"...lol I was pretty glad that we weren't going to have to stop there, and that we were going to be headed straight to Downtown Disney! By the time we got there, the rain had sort of lightened up a little bit to a light drizzle. It was good because I actually got to take a photo outside again! We had made it and walked into Once Upon A Toy to grab us some Disney Infinity 2.0 Marvel swag!

OnceUponAToy_zpse1283b02.jpg

With giant bag o stuff in tow, we walked over to Earl of Sandwich to grab us some lunch! This was going to be the second time of the trip that we had eaten there, but not the last...mwahaha!

EarlOfSandwich_zpsb110d468.jpg

We waited in the pretty short line to order our sandwiches, this time we sat inside. I think we both got the same thing. Italian sandwiches, with chips, I got a water, and Jeremy a fountain drink!

ItalianSandwich_zps3c685472.jpg

Once we had finished up with our lunch, I decided I wanted to walk over to Goofy's Candy Company and grab dessert before we started heading back to the resort. I settled on a chocolate covered pineapple spear for both of us to split! We were pretty full and didn't want anything large since we had such a large dinner tonight!

ChocolatePineapple_zpsc12d4482.jpg

We got back to the room on that rainy afternoon and Jeremy opened all of his power disc packs and decided that he wanted to go and get some more...so we went back down to the bus stop, went back to Downtown Disney, back into Once Upon A Toy, got more power disc packs, and then came back to the resort! By this time, I needed to get in the shower and start getting ready to go to Victoria & Albert's tonight! We were so excited, I remember 180 days before when I was sitting at the computer checking for Chef's Table. I used to do it every morning when they system opened. After a really long while, I had finally gotten it, now we had waited the 180 days and we were actually going to be in there tonight!

I think we left the room at around 4:15 to head down to the car. Then we were on our way! After about 10 minutes or so, we were pulling up to the Grand Floridian!

GrandFloridian_zps3088de36.jpg

It was still definitely a little cloudy out, but by this time the rain had pretty much stopped, which is ironic, because normally this is the time of day that it rains...lol! We pulled up to the gate and let security know that we were having dinner at Victoria & Albert's. If you are eating there, free valet parking is included, so you can just pull right around to the Porte Cochere!

DrivingUp_zps7bc0d6f2.jpg

We walked into the lobby and Jeremy took the opportunity to take a photo of me. I didn't get one of him there though, we waited until we got upstairs for that!

AndreaGFLobby_zps65018ed9.jpg

We still had a few minutes or so before we needed to be over there to check in, so we went upstairs and out onto one of the balconies to take a few random shots! I knew I had to get one of Jeremy. We had recently gotten him a new suit and this was the first chance he was getting to wear it! I had to document that occasion!

JeremyBalcony_zps7e6263bf.jpg

Since I had taken a photo of him, he wanted to take one of me in that same spot. I apologize for all of the photos of us, we were actually using the camera tonight, so we wanted to make sure everything was well-documented after not being able to use it at the Halloween party...LOL

AndreaBalcony_zpsd4b9d8d8.jpg

After he took at least 40 photos of me standing there, I decided that I was so excited about tonight that I want to jump in the air, and although it is a little blurry, he caught that on camera too!!

AndreaJump_zps89c9af52.jpg

Well of course, now that he had one of me like that, I had to get one of him too!! This started some kind of new camera back and forth trend, this is the last one I promise though! I saved it too because I think it is the funniest, considering he is midair...haha!

JeremyJump_zpse0183d22.jpg

About this time the CM who was working at the Memory Maker Photo Booth, where you can look at the photos you have taken on your trip, came out and asked if we wanted photos of us together! Yes Please!! (Amber I know you are proud). We were finally going to have a photo of us together on a night that we went to V&A...haha...it took a really long time, but this is what we got!

PhotopassGuyPic_zps3921fe3e.jpg

After we were done playing around outside, it was finally time to go and check-in! We always like to get there maybe 5-10 minutes early. They never seat anyone until right on time, but I would rather be there a little early than late! So we started walking over there!

VicAlbSign_zps0389ebc6.jpg

All that was standing between us and that wonderful Chef's Table dinner was these doors!! We had checked in and now we were waiting on them to take us back!!

VicAlbDoors_zps9e8de08d.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter