Course by Course, One By One, 'Til You Shout "Enough I'm Done" *NEW* 10/3!!

AAshleySEG

DIS Veteran
I know what you are thinking! Another Trip Report from AAshleySEG!! We just can't help ourselves, we are totally obsessively addicted to Disney World! So yes, you get another TR! This trip is centered around...can you guess from the title?? Food!!! You can't go to Disney World without at least sampling a few of the thousands of options they have!!

Don't get me wrong did lots of other fun activities as well, but I'm not joking, when I say we ate...A LOT...on this one! So if you are brave enough to follow us along again, please do!! And hey, if you are lurking.. just say Hi! I love to talk to everyone!! So when was this trip you ask?? Well let me give you some details!

Wednesday September 17 - Sunday September 21, 2014

On this trip we were fortunate enough to be at the very first day of the 2014 International Food & Wine Festival! We also got a chance to go to the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, and to top everything off, a dinner at the Chef's Table at the amazing Victoria & Albert's!!

Who went??? Well as usual, it was myself, Andrea (hanging on to 29 with all of my might until October), and my Disney Husband Jeremy! This photo was from our Harambe Nights Vacation in July of this year!

HitchikingMickey_zps96480a19.jpeg

If you would like to read all of our planning information, please feel free to read over the Pre-Trip Report!!

We stayed at one of our favorite resorts on property! Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village, with our DVC Points! So, do you think you can handle it?? If you can stay tuned! All will be revealed with time! Hopefully, you won't have to shout, "Enough I'm Done!"

Table of Contents:

Wednesday, September 17, 2014:

Closed For Vacation!

Thursday, September 18, 2014:

Donald & Daisy Do Downtown Disney!
Kona then Cupcakes, A Wonderful Combination!

Friday, September 19, 2014:

Food & Wine Festival - Round One!
Food & Wine Festival - Round One! Part Two!
Mickey's Not So Eventful Halloween Party

Saturday, September 20, 2014:

Doobe Doobe Doo Ba Doobe Doobe Doo Ba Jerrrreemyyyyy!
Victoria & Albert's Chef's Table Experience! Part One!

Last edited:
Count me in! Long time lurker but i love your reports!!!

Yay!! Thanks for saying Hi!! So happy that you came out of the shadows...hehe! I am so glad you enjoy my TRs! Hopefully this one will be just as good as the others! Thanks for reading along! :goodvibes

I love your reports! Can't wait to hear about Food & Wine Festival!

The new blog sounds like a great idea. I will be a visitor!

For once, Jeremy did not have to go in to work at all on the morning of our trip! So we woke up, got dressed, finished getting everything in the car, and at 9:30am, we were on our way!!

Our planned lunch stop for today was at Landolfi's Italian Bakery, on the last trip we took, we stopped there and had this amazing pizza!! They also had really delicious desserts! So that is where we were headed first! As we drove through Myrtle Beach, SC, we couldn't help but take a photo of King Kong, which is turning out to be sort of a "thing" we are going to have to do every trip, now that we have seen it!!

KingKong_zpsc73aa91e.jpg

Since this trip was pretty much food-centric, we knew we wanted to eat at some really great places along the way! So I had pre-picked a dinner stop too! So at around 11:30, we arrived in Pawley's Island, and could see the restaurant in the distance...when we pulled up the parking lot was completely empty?? We wondered if there was just no one eating there or what was going on...then we saw the sign!!

ClosedForVacay_zps1571e195.jpg

Closed for Vacation!!!! Really?? Ugh...of course, right! Now where were we going to eat? We knew that Mt. Pleasant was about an hour and 15 minutes from where we were, so I pulled out my Phone and started looking on Yelp to see if it could help us! I started reading reviews and noticed a restaurant that was 1, open for lunch today! 2, a pretty good price comparable to Landolfi's, I didn't want to break my budget. It was also not out of the way, which is something I wanted. So we found The Pickled Palate!

PickledPalate_zps1e6391b5.jpg

As soon as we walked through the door, I KNEW this place was for us! The owners greeted us immediately and started giving us a rundown of what they do there, and some recommendations! It was a panini place, and they have bread baked locally, and also almost all of their ingredients are local as well! You order your food, then they give you a mason jar full of ice, they have fresh brewed teas or any other drinks you can choose from! Jeremy chose to get the Black Tea, and I had the Jasmine Tea!

JeremySweetTea_zps06e12881.jpg

For my lunch, I ordered the Tuna Melt! I just love this place. The plates are all mis-matched china from yester-year, all of the furniture is the same way! They even have a garden where you can sit outside if you would like. It is an old house, turned into a restaurant! The Tuna Melt by the way, was AWESOME!! Even Jeremy liked it, and he isn't the biggest fan of tuna salad type things!

TunaMelt_zpsceb901d1.jpg

Jeremy had "The Italian", it was pretty amazing too!! I think just the friendliness of this place makes it a winner! I could not have been happier that Landolfi's was closed...no offense Landolfi's, but we are probably going to be going to Pickled Palate from now on!

ItalianPanini_zpsb6bdce02.jpg

We finished up with our lunch and then got back in the car and started on our way to Brunswick, GA! We were going to go and check in to our hotel for the night, then maybe go and explore the area! Jeremy and I were talking about the different Disneybounds we were doing this time and we realized that we had forgotten to put one of my pieces in the suitcase!! Oh No!! So once we got checked in to the hotel, we pulled everything out of the luggage and figured out that we were in fact missing it. Luckily, there was a Target really close to us, and on our way to St. Simons Island, where we were headed next!

After the little Target detour, we started heading over that way, and it started to POUR down rain!! Angry looking skies too! Lightning and Thunder abound! We contemplated just turning back, but since we were almost there we kept going! Once we started across the bridge we got to see a pretty Rainbow! We saw the entire thing, it was just really hard to get a photo of, and for the first time in my life, we could actually see where it seemed to end too!

EndOfTheRainbow_zpsc92f2322.jpg

This part is a little on the boring side, but we drove around in the rain for a little while and then with that happening we decided to turn around. Before we got all of the way out though, we saw a little shop that I just had to go inside!! I can never pass on Cupcakes!!

SmallcakesBox_zps95825232.jpg

We went inside Smallcakes and they had a deal where you get 4 cupcakes for $10. It seemed like a lot to me, then I realized that, at Disney World...cupcakes are like $5 each! So anyway, we looked at all of the flavors and then decided on these four!

Cupcakes_zpsa272b82b.jpg

Birthday Cake, Lemon Poppy, Red Velvet, and Southern Belle!! Oh My Gosh, Oh My Gosh! We totally love cupcakes!! We had not eaten dinner yet, but hey, what's wrong with a little snack! So we both took one bite out of each of them, and immediately decided that the Lemon Poppy was the BEST!!

So as we were making our way back across the bridge, all of the sudden, everyone started slamming on their brakes, and then to a stop!!

JeremyInTraffic_zpsba709475.jpg

We had no idea what was going on! We did know that we were running low on gas, so after a few minutes we were still sitting there, people started to get out of their cars to look around and see what was happening. Then from behind us police cars and an ambulance started to try to get through, all in all we were parked on this spot on the bridge for about 45 minutes!

BridgeTraffic_zps1da88d7b.jpg

Once we finally made it through, we saw the first wreck, no one was hurt, but the cars looked like they had been sideswiped or something? Then a little bit further, another wreck! Then...another!! Apparently, there had been some sort of chase which resulted in 10 total cars being hit and forced off the side of the road?? All I can say is...thank GOODNESS for CUPCAKES!! We could have been one of the unfortunate hit cars had we not stopped!

By the time we made it through all of that is was time for us to go and get our dinner!! This is another place that I had found on Yelp that sounded really delicious to us! Most of the reviews also said not to be scared of its appearance...haha! It was a little restaurant called Jerk Shack...and it was literally a Shack in the middle of a parking lot!

JerkShack_zps575ced30.jpg

We went inside and placed our order, we got a Large Trio for both of us to split, which had Jerk Pork, Jerk Chicken, and Curry Goat as the meats! It also had rice and beans, fried plantains, and cabbage!! It was SOOO heavy and completely slap full of food! Instead of eating there, since it was really near our hotel, we just decided to get it to go and go back there and eat it!

This is not the best photo, but the Cabbage is in the corner and above that is the Jerk Pork. Closest to the front is the Jerk Chicken and Fried Plantains, and then on the right side is the Curry Goat, you can also see the rice underneath a little!

JerkFoodCurry_zps3118a014.jpg

You guys, this was phenomenal!! If you ever happen to find yourself in Brunswick, GA and enjoy Caribbean Food, totally stop here!! It was seasoned So Well! It was not too spicy either, Jeremy and I managed to eat almost all of the meat, not quite sure how though! Afterwards I think we were so full, that we just got everything ready for tomorrow's drive to Disney World!!Then we decided to go to bed early, that way, maybe we could potentially get there earlier!!

I love your reports! Can't wait to hear about Food & Wine Festival!

The new blog sounds like a great idea. I will be a visitor!

:banana: Hi!! You are here! Thank you so much for joining in! We had fun at the Food & Wine Festival! I can't wait until we go back so I can eat more!

Aww, yay! I hope you like the blog! I have a list of things from the F&W Festival that I am going to be trying to make, I can't wait to get started on it! This morning I am finishing up the Croissants from Seasons for the blog, I hope to have that one on there today!

Thank goodness for those cupcakes, indeed!

Good thing you were warned about the appearance of the Jerk Shack. My husband loves places like that, where I would have probably been scared away.

The Pickled Palate looked fun, too. Cute picture of Jeremy with his tea!

joining in! Can't wait to hear about V&A Chef's table!

Sorry to hear that Landolfi was closed as I recall how much you liked your meal there last time - but sounds like a really happy accident and the Pickle Palate looks really neat. Love the idea of getting to pick your drink like that.

And yeah for getting cubcakes and avoiding an actual accident! 45 mins of waiting is not exactly screaming vacation - but definitely could have been worse. The the jerk shack looks awesome! Curry goat is one of my favorites ... on issue is I could totally see myself eating that entire plate and making myself sick :rotfl2:

Off to a great start - food wise at least!

Thank goodness for those cupcakes, indeed!

Good thing you were warned about the appearance of the Jerk Shack. My husband loves places like that, where I would have probably been scared away.

The Pickled Palate looked fun, too. Cute picture of Jeremy with his tea!

I feel like our new motto should be "Let's Brake for Cupcake" or something...LOL :rotfl2:

Yeah, I am learning all the time now not to judge a restaurant by the way it looks on the outside! Landolfi's up in Pawley's Island would probably have been a place I wouldn't have stopped at either judging by the outside, but it was awesome too! Yelp is seriously a very nice asset to have when on the road!

We really loved The Pickled Palate, so much so, we may even stop there on our next trip, I will keep my fingers crossed for that, hopefully they won't be closed for vacation too...LOL

joining in! Can't wait to hear about V&A Chef's table!

Sorry to hear that Landolfi was closed as I recall how much you liked your meal there last time - but sounds like a really happy accident and the Pickle Palate looks really neat. Love the idea of getting to pick your drink like that.

And yeah for getting cupcakes and avoiding an actual accident! 45 mins of waiting is not exactly screaming vacation - but definitely could have been worse. The the jerk shack looks awesome! Curry goat is one of my favorites ... on issue is I could totally see myself eating that entire plate and making myself sick :rotfl2:

Off to a great start - food wise at least!

Chef's Table was pretty awesome, I can't wait to write about it, we also have a bunch of food photos from it!

We did really enjoy Landolfi's, we will probably stop there again someday, I know we can't this next trip though, we are leaving on the 9th and their sign said closed until the 14th of October, so I am excited that we will maybe get to go to Pickled Palate again!

I looked at the Jerk Shack Menu before we went and that's when we decided to split a plate, because we would have eaten ourselves sick too! It was so delicious! The owner is also the guy who cooks the food, we don't have any Jamaican restaurants even remotely near us, I am going to have to learn how to cook Caribbean food at home, minus the goat I suppose, because I have no idea where I would get it!

Subbing! I always like to read dining review-heavy reports!

Going back to read.

Thanks for the sub! Glad to have you along! Yeah, we really love us some food, I think we only had 2 actual reservations on this one, but Food & Wine trumps all of that I suppose! Thanks again for joining!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter