Country Inn & Suites Calypso Way

Are there really timeshare salesmen at the breakfast at CI&S? If so, I am really starting to regret my decision to book here rather than HIFS. I have no interest in any timeshare pitches.

We were at the hotel last week also. Had the King Suite - pull out couch was comfy. I laid down with my daughter one afternoon. Not the usual bar in the back like most pull-outs.
I noticed the noise from the pool in the evening but never in the morning on our sleep in days.

We saw several time share pitches at breakfast. No one ever approached us about one though. If your kids like cereal - I would bring my own and use the milk. They only had raisen bran while we were there for a week. It got old quick.

The lack of the laundry room also caught me off guard. I had to go to Amerisuites.

We had a rental car so we didn't have to rely on buses. It was very easy to get to the parks.

If your kids like Fruit Loops or Frosted Flakes they're at AmeriSuites. I saw at least six timeshare salesmen every morning. One in particular kept telling her "clients" ,"victims", whatever you want to call them, that a group of six could go to Disney, each get a fastpass for a different ride, and then go as a group to the first ride. When the cast member asks for passes for everyone in the group, act dumb and say that you didn't know that everyone had to have one. The cast member will just wave you on through. Then you can ride six popular rides one-after-another. Every morning she would tell her "people" this. Personally, I don't think Disney would just wave you on through. They seem pretty strict about everyone having a pass. I just got tired of hearing her trying to deceive people every morning. No salesmen ever approached my family. They seem to have their "targets" all lined up each morning.

I too layed down with my daughter on the fold out sofa and found it to be comfy. Wished I had a comforter though. Seemed like the front room was colder than the bedroom.

We had our own car, but I had found that I liked to leave the driving to someone else after a long, hot day at the parks. I was suprised when we went to Downtown Disney. It was basically a straight shot.

Did you see the gas grills near the pool that were roped off? Are they going to have a snack bar there or something? Surely those weren't for guest use. :confused:

My family is staying at the Country Inn and Suites for 2 nights this weekend. I'm a little bit disappointed in hearing the above posts.

Fortunately, we won't need a washer and dryer while we're there. However, I will be upset if the pool is not open. My brother and wife are coming with us and may want some quiet pool time.

My question is, if you stay at the Country Inn and Suites can you go to the Amerisuites for breakfast? The selection sounds better over there for kids.

I too was under the impression there were laundry facilities at the CI&S for our stay two weeks ago. When I found out I would have to go to Amerisuites I decided I really didn't want to have to haul our laundry over there and wait on it. I found a coin laundry with wash and fold service, took the entire laundry basket to them in the morning, and had clean, folded clothes in the afternoon. It was a little pricey (about $20) but well worth it! I was able to spend the day by the pool instead of in a laundromat!

Can't remember the name of the laundromat but it was near the WalMart. We found it in one of those coupon books that
are everywhere.

A word of caution...each day there were about 3 or 4 pizza delivery restaraunt menus pushed under our door...we ordered from 2 of them and they were both terrible! If you want pizza stick with a well known chain like Domino's or Pizza Hut!!

BKFranks - I heard one of the CI&S employees tell a guest to go to Amerisuites for breakfast...the CI&S buffet closes at 9:30 and Amerisuites is apparently open a little later....so I don't think it would be a problem. We never had to show a room key or anything.

Kevinswife2,

My apologies if our hotel did not meet your expectations. We really try to be as informative as possible.

The shuttle schedule is actually posted on here so there should not be any surprises as far as that goes, however, as you said the Universal, Sea World, Wet 'N Wild, and Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores pick up point is at the AmeriSuites. I guess the goal of the resort is to provide as many features as possible but not to necessarily provide the same features at each property. For instance the Country Inn breakfast opens earlier than the AmeriSuites Breakfast but the AmeriSuites Breakfast stays open later. There are fitness rooms at both hotels but the Country Inn Fitness room is more extensive. There is a game room available at the Country Inn but not at the AmeriSuites. The benefit to staying at Calypso Cay Resorts is to enjoy the amenities of the entire resort as well as those at the specific hotel you choose.

The Laundry facilities at the Country Inn are being worked on so hopefully they will be open shortly. Hard to say when though. There are laundry facilities available, yes, they are small, and they are at the AmeriSuites - there are many times when there is absolutely no one in the laundry room. Unfortunately, when you went to the laundry room there was a long wait.

I am glad you felt the resort was nice and the staff friendly - we really would like you to come back again. Once again, my apologies if the information we exchanged led you to believe anything other than what we offer. We really try to be as specific as possible when answering questions about our amenities and resort.

Faye

:( I am so disappointed! I was looking forward to staying there. All I have heard for the past month was how good it was and now 2 weeks before we go I start hearing the bad. No time to change hotels now(plus I have changed 2 times already). I am planning this trip for my family (mother, sister and son) We have had a really bad time the last 2 years and this was suppose to be a reward for making it thru all the hard times. I guess no matter how good a plan you make somethings can go wrong. We will just have to make the best of it. I see that Faye from Country Inns and Suites has not responded to this post, wonder if she will? I guess I will have to wait and see how it goes. I will be sure to post a trip report when we get back.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Sorry Faye! You posted your reply while I was posting mine. I must say if the staff at the hotel is as helpful and prompt as you then I am sure we will have a good stay:p

You mean we could have eaten breakfast at AmeriSuites? Noone ever told us either way. My three year old was eating donuts and milk every morning. I really would have liked her to have something a little healthier to start her day at the parks.

As for the laundry, my husband went over on three different occasions and there was always a line. I suppose if he had gone over at 3 am there wouldn't have been one?! I'm not trying to sound nasty, but are there really times throughout the day when there isn't anyone using the laundry room? I found the laundromat in Kissimmee to be a nice, clean place. The gentleman running the place was very friendly and greeted everyone that came through the door. I probably got my laundry done a lot faster too. It was very easy to find, but they do close earlier than other laundromats.

Also, where is the shuttle schedule posted on here? I'm sure others would like to see it.:)

The shuttle times change periodically, however, if it helps - here is the current schedule for today April 8, 2002.

Shuttle Departs hotel for Walt Disney World
8:40 AM
10:40 AM

Shuttle departs Walt Disney World for Hotel
7:15 PM
9:30 PM

Shuttle Departs hotel for Universal Orlando, Sea Word, Wet 'N Wild
8:05 AM
10:15 AM
7:00 PM Universal Orlando ONLY

Shuttle Departs Universal Orlando for Hotel
4:10 PM
6:10 PM
8:00 PM

Shuttle Departs Sea World for Hotel
4:20 PM
6:25 PM
8:15 PM

Shuttle Departs Wet 'N Wild for Hotel
4:05 PM

Shuttle Departs City Walk at Universal Orlando
9:30 PM
11:30 PM
12:45 AM
2:00 AM

Keep in mind these schedules are subject to change - these times only reflect the schedule that is posted today for today. Hopefully, this will help give everyone an idea of the frequency.

By the way, the pools at the hotel are open until 11pm daily.

Faye

:bounce: This is copied from Fayes original post.

Sonnyday:
Thanks for reposting the shuttle schedule for me :)

Kevinswife2
Usually during the day the laundry is empty. In the evenings once people return from the theme parks, it usually gets busier. There are a couple of actual laundromats in Kissimmee with lots of washers and dryers. I understand it must have been frustrating to see a long line and only a few machines. Please accept my sincerest apologies for our laundry facilities not meeting your expectations.

Faye

HI FAYE,
SO LET ME GET THIS RIGHT:
WE ARE ABLE TO EAT BREAKFAST AND USE THE FACILITY'S AT AMERI-
SUITES ALSO????
HOW FAR IS AMERISUITES FROM CIFS?
WHY IS IT THAT THE SHUTTLE ONLY LEAVES FROM AMERISUITES?
IS IT A CLOSE WALK?
THAT IS ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS WE ARE STAYING THERE,,,IS TO SHUTTLE BACK AND FORTH TO UNIVERSAL.
HOW BIG ARE THE KID-SUITES?
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE INFO,
LISA

Sonnyday, I too have seen that schedule. As Faye has mentioned, that was for that week only and the schedule changes every week. As I was checking in I looked over the shuttle schedule. The shuttle service was one of the reasons I choose this hotel. The first thing I noticed was that there was ONLY ONE shuttle going both ways to the Magic Kingdom. Pickup at 8:15 in the morning and park pickup at 7:30pm. Is it possible that the previous printed schedule has two shuttles both ways BECAUSE it was Spring Break/Easter time? There were many shuttles to and from Universal, Wet & Wild and Sea World and I didn't have a problem with that. Shuttle service is one of the deciding factors for many families, mine included. It was just a disappointment my first morning there to realize that we were going to have to drive over to the MK. Luckily, it was easy to get to and traffic wasn't bad.

I just want to add that I was very happy with the room. housekeeping, and the size of the breakfast area. The waterpark pool was enjoyed by the whole family. The water was always nice and warm. No odor of chlorine or burning eyes. This is a very nice place, but I'm just not big on surprises while on vacation, especially after I have spent so much time researching hotels and I thought I had FINALLY found MY perfect one. :cool:

Lisalisa36:

There are two shuttles - one goes to Magic Kingdom and one goes to EPCOT. The EPCOT Shuttle leaves EPCOT at about 9:30. I don't know if you realize this but you can take the monorail to EPCOT if you are staying at Magic Kingdom and just catch the shuttle from EPCOT. Does that help?

The shuttles to the other attractions can be taken from the AmeriSuites. I am not sure why they leave from the one hotel and not the other. I'll check around and see if they can change that but I don't know.

The distance between the hotels is about 110 yards.

Yes, you can use the amenities at either hotel. Breakfast can be eaten at the Country Inn or the AmeriSuites.

The kidsuites are approximately 350 sq feet. I can email a floorplan to you if it helps. Just let me know.

Kevinswife2:

Hopefully as we grow and add our third hotel, our shuttle service will increase. We just broke ground for our La Quinta and it should be open in March/ April 2003. I hope you don't write us off just yet. We still may be your favorite hotel if we add some more shuttle times and some additional laundry facilities

Faye

Hi to all, I just want to comment that we are planning on staying at the CI&S in September and even though there have been a few problems we are still really looking forward to staying here. I will continue to read with interest comments made by people who stay here . Thanks to Faye for keeping up with our questions and hopefully helping to get the kinks worked out.

Hi,
I also wanted to say that we are planning on staying at Country Inn and Suites in Sept and are very much looking forward to it.
I wanted to thank Faye for all her responses. She has been a great help and I look forward to possibly meeting her when we visit. I was the person who posted a question about the transportation and ECV's. Faye, our scooter doesn't fold and I know the busses can't accomodate it. Thank you for your response. We actually prefer to take our own mini van to the parks, I just was curious to see if we had other options. Thank you again!

Oh yea- Faye, if you have a kidsuite floor plan available and you have the time, I would love a copy (email to singitalto@aol.com ). The kids and I just love being prepared and planning our events together and it would be fun to look at.

Have a great day!

MaryAnne

Hi Faye:

Just letting you know we had a nice one night stay with the amerisuites in april. Daughter and hubby played minigolf, swam.

We had planned to stay 3 nights, but could not move my akl reservation, so we opted for the one night on our arrival.

The room was clean, pleasant, love the pullout, and two doubles for a family, the kitchen would have come in handy if we were staying longer, loved the breakfast in the morning.

I have to wonder though if alot of the guests from the other hotel come over for breakfast then the guests at amerisuites might have a problem in the a.m. with crowds, getting a table, etc, but I can understand why the people staying at country inn and suites especially with children would want to come over if there is a better variety of food.

Why don't the two managers for each hotel get together and serve the same food at breakfast to make everyone happy. Sounds like a simple solution to me, I stayed in another country inn and suite that had all sorts of cereals for people, plus a waffle maker with little containers of the waffle mix.

I would like to thank those that wrote reviews, and faye goldberg for all her help for our stay. Yes I would definitely stay there again if I was looking for an offsite place to stay.

Deb.

Oh Faye, I feel like such a dumbie!!! I should have known that I could use the EPCOT shuttle, even though I had gone to Magic Kingdom! My husband and I stood at the front desk and discussed the shuttle to MK with the guy there. I commented on the fact that it was coming back at 7:30 and the park didn't close until 9:30. He just smiled and shrugged his shoulders...like "Oh well". IF he HAD REMINDED me that I could use the EPCOT shuttle to get home, I would have been "A HAPPY CAMPER". Please remind the front desk people of this fact, or better yet, post it on the sign with the shuttle schedules. That way noone else will have a "suprise" their first morning there.

When I checked in, I was told that we could use ALL 3 of the pools. I wish they had said the same about breakfast. Every morning, while we were waiting for a shuttle, I could see the Fruit Loops and Frosted Flakes and felt like taking a bowl for my little girl. I even commented to my hubby that if the timeshare salesmen can come over to CI&S for breakfast, then can we go over to AmeriSuites? I didn't ask because I didn't want to look foolish. That's not something you normally do when you are staying with other hotels...breakfast hop.

Faye, you are right! You may become one of my favorite hotels. My family had a very good time there. The shuttle service was good....The schedule to MK was limited (Though I could have used the EPCOT shuttle and that would have given me more options. I feel so dumb on that one!) I feel the laundry situation would better be handled with a seperate building, about the size of the bath house, for laundry facilities. Something that size will especially be needed if you are adding another hotel. I'm sure all the little bugs will work themselves out in time. You may just see my family down there again sometime...if I can talk my hubby into it. He was more upset with the laundry situation and MK shuttle than I. ;)

Hi Kevenswife2:

Just wondering don't you think it would be good idea if both hotels had pretty much the same breakfast items for the guests. Then people would not have far to walkl to eat what they like.

About the shuttle, with all the excitement of being on a holiday not to mention wdw world, anyone can make mistakes about where to get the shuttle epcot or mk, I always feel like I'm in a daze for the first couple of days on my holiday. lol

Deb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter