Country Inn & Suites Calypso Way

ncbyrne

DIS Veteran
Have book two suites at this new property in May. Just wondering if anyone has stayed here.
2minnies - you posted that you had reservations there this month. Did you like it? I'm taking my daughters and granddaughters and want some confirmation that this is a nice resort. :)

The Country Inn and Suites chain has a reputation for being a nice 3* chain property. Clean, country touches in the decorating, and if it's a new property, I'm sure it will be comfortable. There is another country inn in Lake Buena Vista that is very popular. Enjoy your stay.

Our flights were cancelled due to the 9/11 events. We're planning on trying again this spring. Just couldn't make a 30+ hour drive for a 4 day trip. Sorry!

ncbyrne,

we will be staying here or at csr in the first week of december for 7 days. still holding ressies at both. i definitely feel at this point (unfortunately) you get more amenities at the country inn and suites. i would be glad to let you know how our stay is there. we have a 1 year old and the thought of very new room that should be in very good shape appeals to us, since the 1 year old plays on the floor a lot. the continental breakfast will be great too, we wont have to worry about preparing breakfast for the baby.

debbie

Thanks littleducksmom - I'll be looking forward to hearing about this resort. I've never stayed at this chain, but I've only heard positive reports. So far, I've not heard anything negative about any of the Country Inn & Suites. I feel the same as you and think that you get more amenities, for less $ when staying outside WDW, and the breakfast included is a definite plus! One of the things I read on the web advertising that hooked me on this resort, was the water-park style pool area! The kids will love it.

nc,

i'll keep you posted on our stay. we will also being going to wdw in june 2002 with our older children also. may have to consider staying here, if things go well. the 10 year old would enjoy the water park-type pool too, and the free breakfast will feed the teenagers.......i hope :)

debbie

nc,

Would you post the web address for this property? I'm curious about the "waterpark" area.

Thanks!

http://www.valuetrips.com/FL/ORL/CISOM/CISOM.htm
Here's what it says, "Brand new! The Country Inn & Suites Orlando Maingate is located near the intersection of Highway 535 and Osceola Parkway, minutes from all the major attractions. We offer a free breakfast and shuttle to Walt Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios and shopping. The resort complex includes a water park style pool, mini-golf, playground and game room."
For our next trip, I'll be going with my 2 DDs and my 3 DGDs and we've booked two 2-room suites at this property for May 8-13.

Here is another link to a site I found regarding the property and future plans.

http://www.calypsocay.com/

Click reservations, then click on the Country Inn and Suites. You can't make reservations through the site yet, but you can get some more information.

thanks smarro.
hadnt even seen this site, before booking. i doubt there is a water park-type pool ready when we stay in dec this year. no biggie with just our 1 year old, but i feel even better about our choice of staying here.
nc.............hopefully our stay will be as nice as this property looks. even tho in december will probably see construction. think i will call and request a pool view, not a construction view....:)

debbie

On yet another website about this property, I found that this is actually part of a larger complex that comprises two resorts and a vacation property. Some is still under construction, but one of the pools is already open and the other will be "shortly". The more I check on this property, the better it sounds. But, I'd still like to hear from someone who has actually stayed there.

I would like to hear about this property. It is very reasonably priced! They website says they have kidsuites too, I'd like to hear about them , if anyone has any info........

Just made ressies for a week in Sept for a pirate theme kidssuite for $54 night. Dying to hear more about it........

we( dh, me and 1 year old) stayed here the first week of december for 4 nights. excellent value for a brand new hotel. we stayed in a king suite for $54 per night. we mainly just slept and ate breakfast here. it was unfortunate that the whole time we were there, through the middle of the week, there were maybe 6-10 cars in the parking lot. we did speak with a staff member who said that on the upcoming weekend they had 60 rooms booked. the hotel was empty.

here are lists of the things we liked about this hotel.

1)brand new.....looked like no one had even stayed our room before. actually we had to request a shower curtain......:) , as there was not one hanging.
2) service very prompt and courteous
3) very nice complimentary breakfast buffet, including cold items, boiled eggs, french toast, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, fresh fruit......if something not on the buffet, host went out of his way to get it for us.
4) excellent host at breakfast buffet. his name escapes me at the moment, but he was from st thomas. he would be cleaning up a crumb on the floor the minute it was dropped. he was very proud of his new breakfast buffet. he was great and fun to talk to!
5)very good proximity to wdw. i believe it was not more than 10 minutes to parking at the magic kingdom.

ok....there were some negatives (but none that bad to warrant not staying here)

1) construction noise waking us at 7:30 every morning. it was loud. we had requested a pool view......well that was also a construction view too........:). i would request a room on the front side of the hotel.....although there will be no great view. i would think by this coming summer that area of construction will be done. pool construction was also going on at the water park area. i would say from what i saw of it......it would appeal to kids 10 and under. it was not at all complete though.
2) the most annoying thing .......having to sit next to a poor couple who were being "treated" to breakfast by a time share salesman.......ugh!!!!! the man actually excused himself from the couple when we were leaving the breakfast area and caught us in the parking lot to bug us about timeshares.......ugh again!!!!! my husband politely told him how he felt and we were never bothered again.....oops....except for a phone call from a timeshare sales associate once. so i would say we were bugged about timeshares 2 or 3 times while there. but were never pressured to take a tour. we said no thanks a few times and were left alone. i still think it would have been nice to not to have been bothered at all though. you can definitely tell that this hotel is part of a timeshare development, unfortunately.

all in all if you can get past the minimal amount of timeshare "stuff", this hotel is an excellent bargain place to stay.
if you have any questions please ask.....thanks

deb

I wasn't aware that Country Inns offered time shares. I'll be sure to tell them when we check in that I am NOT interested. I'm encouraged by your post and I'm sure by May the construction will be done and the rooms will be filled. This property is very close to WDW and I'm sure will become a popular resort.

saw a thread about this on another site and thought maybe we could get another response by keeping this near the top.

I will be staying at County Inn Calypso Cay next week. I got the Entertainment Rate at $39.50!! I have stayed at this chain before so I think it's a great deal. I'll post my thoughts when we return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter