• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

DCL has just announced that all new departures will be cancelled after 14 March until end of March.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I guess all the ships will have to finish their current sailings and then just dock in port with no one on them

I think they will have to offer refunds since there is no ship to get on. I'm wondering about people who moved their sailing already and would much rather have had a refund than a cruise credit.... think they'll be out of luck?

I noticed on the new list of restrictions with all the new countries they also listed elderly or health conditions as a reason not to go. However, it does not state if they will give you a refund for age, just for the countries. Does anyone know if you can get a refund if one of your party is a certain age? Husband is 69, seems bad to rebook for late summer (only time we can rebook) as he is not getting any younger.

:sad: this is so sad. I'm sure is for the best but we were supposed to sail on the 21st.
I haven't had any email from them about any cancellation

This is horrendous since the US has more confirmed cases than Norway and others on this list.

It's ridiculous, especially since Norway is finally stepping up and taking decisive actions to prevent further spread and the US is doing nothing by comparison.

not all countries stamp passports

This is very, very true.

Well, official. Disney cruise shutting down all departures from March 14 - end of the month. https://www.wtvr.com/news/coronavir...me-parks-cruise-lines-amid-coronavirus-spread

Sad, but I think many of us here saw this one coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter