Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

Honestly, after the Disneyland closure announcement earlier today, the writing was on the wall for the rest of Disney's properties. I'm very glad that they made this difficult decision, it pains me to say that they did the right thing; human lives are more important than a trip to a theme park or a cruise.

For those of you who had a cruise booked this month, I am so sorry, hugs to each and every one of you. I am a massive baseball fan and am still recovering from the shock of the suspension news reported earlier this afternoon, just been a very sad day :(

Figment, here is the press release provided to the news organizations.

Honestly, after the Disneyland closure announcement earlier today, the writing was on the wall for the rest of Disney's properties. I'm very glad that they made this difficult decision, it pains me to say that they did the right thing; human lives are more important than a trip to a theme park or a cruise.

For those of you who had a cruise booked this month, I am so sorry, hugs to each and every one of you. I am a massive baseball fan and am still recovering from the shock of the suspension news reported earlier this afternoon, just been a very sad day :(

Very well said. Human lives are more important. It's still a sad day for many, as you said, but I think it had to happen. My cruise isn't until late summer, but I question whether the Magic will even get to Europe this year.

Very well said. Human lives are more important. It's still a sad day for many, as you said, but I think it had to happen. My cruise isn't until late summer, but I question whether the Magic will even get to Europe this year.
Been thinking about that. I wonder if they won't leave the Magic in the Caribbean this Summer, and (a big IF) if things have calmed somewhat, they would use that as an option to rebook some of the people who are cancelled or moved now...

You know, I would not be surprised if that was the case.

Do any of our Floridians know the status of the Florida ports?

I've read the alert multiple times and I don't see anything about flat out cancellations. Are you able to screen shot the exact area, maybe I'm overlooking it.

Oh thank God, I thought I was experiencing reading comprehension and vision issues in my soon-to-be middle age LOL.

Same here....just a massive blow today for everyone.

Fingers crossed they extend at least one more week. Then I get a refund instead of credit. I’m so sorry for those who were still
planning to travel or already left!

Figment, here is the press release provided to the news organizations.

I agree it’s the right thing. We’ve just been waiting since Sunday for them to make this call. We’re not disappointed so much as relieved. Human lives are more important than any trip. We are healthy and not immune compromised, but we have many connections to people who aren’t. Most people know and love someone who is vulnerable. We have to protect those communities as much as we can.
Stay healthy, everyone!

So the Costco agent said they have received no notifications about cruise cancellations. They couldn't get through to DCL, either. The supervisor was telling the agents that they are not to advise customers of any cancellations and unless we see something official from DCL, we should continue to port.

I will be calling them again tomorrow morning, I guess.

So the Costco agent said they have received no notifications about cruise cancellations. They couldn't get through to DCL, either. The supervisor was telling the agents that they are not to advise customers of any cancellations and unless we see something official from DCL, we should continue to port.

I’m impressed you got someone to answer the phone!

I wish I could give you a hug because I can certainly appreciate the position you're in. If I were you, I guess I would just continue heading to the port because what else are you to do? Can't trust everything that's on the internet, that is one thing I know for sure. I don't envy your position at all. This is just awful!

How many lives will be saved by Disney closing their parks? Actually, probably more will be saved by the number of cars kept off the road than from the virus. So by that logic, they should never reopen.

It's ridiculous, especially since Norway is finally stepping up and taking decisive actions to prevent further spread and the US is doing nothing by comparison.
It's really for optics - you know, the election year.

Really, the government needs to assume leadership here - every US domestic cancellation or shutdown or ban has been self-initiated by the organization involved. Otherwise, all I see is the financial stimulus from the feds to help the stock market. Stock market is all they can think of. It's like the people at the top are deer caught in the headlight. Just frozen.

I've read the alert multiple times and I don't see anything about flat out cancellations. Are you able to screen shot the exact area, maybe I'm overlooking it.

Sorry, I just read the whole thing again and it does not mention the new cancellations.....just the other new updates. But DCLBlog is listing all the cruises that are affected by the cancellations. Hope DCL will update the alert with the new info soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter