• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Dis'ers going to be in business class next week? We can have a glass of Sangria together.:cool1: We check in on the 15th.

Hi All! We are considering trying CSR for our 2015 trip so I've read through all 250+ pages of this thread and got so much amazing info! Thanks so much to everyone who submits - it's so helpful!

My question is probably a really odd one - I love Mexican food, but I am a total wuss when it comes to spice :scared: When I make it at home I can control the spice, and when I have it "out" I am a big fan of the "Taco Bell level of spice" rather than the "authentic Mexican level of spice"! Basically I love the flavours, but don't want all the heat.

Would anyone be able to tell me what the mexican food at Pepper Market and Maya grill would be like heat wise? And if it IS really spicy, can you ask for them to "tame" it down a little?

Thanks so much for the help! I know this is a crazy concern, but I would LOVE to try the food!! :goodvibes

It's been awhile since I've been on this thread, but just back from CSR and you don't have to worry about the Pepper Market, you won't want to eat there very often. Unfortunately, it's gone downhill quite a bit in the past couple of years...no burritos (except for an egg breakfast burrito), fajitas, rice, etc. But they don't spice it much anyways unless you ask.

Not sure about the Maya Grill as I never got to eat there, but imagine it would be far superior to what comes out at the PM.

Still love the resort overall, especially since it's the only moderate w/ a gym, but the food @ PM has slipped compared to the other resorts...including the values.

The food will be good, if not greasy or heavy. Rooms, on the other hand are still pretty nice, and never had a problem w/ transportation. Business class, on the other hand, is a whole different story.

Lord, I'm glad to read about your thoughts on Pepper Market. DD and I were there in September and thought it has gone downhill. We were on the dining plan and had a hard time finding something to eat. In the past, we've enjoyed the entrees we've chosen. To top it off, it was about ten minutes before a CM was able to get our desserts and we only had three choices.

I think I remember reading that you have to take your own towel to the pool - is that true for both the quiet pools and the main pool? If so - is contacting housekeeping the only way to get additional towels?

I think I remember reading that you have to take your own towel to the pool - is that true for both the quiet pools and the main pool? If so - is contacting housekeeping the only way to get additional towels?

Towels are available at the Dig Site pool but you would have to bring them from your room for the quiet pool. Yes, call housekeeping for more towels if needed.

I'm so excited...I just booked our trip back to CSR for Nov 15-21st. I can't believe I'm going back....Hopefully I can talk my sister-in-law into letting us take my niece & nephew for their first trip.
:)

I'm sure this has been posted on this thread before, but there's alot of pages to go through. We are going back next month and staying at Coronado and I need to do my online check in. Which area of the resort should I request?

Thanks in advance!

I'm sure this has been posted on this thread before, but there's alot of pages to go through. We are going back next month and staying at Coronado and I need to do my online check in. Which area of the resort should I request?

Thanks in advance!

Very much a matter of taste and what you want to be near. We've stayed in all 4 sections and our favorite, though I'm in the vast minority, is Ranchos. This is the farthest away from El Centro (main building/food), but we don't eat at the resort anyway. It's not too far from the Dig Site, in fact, 7B is very close, but some buildings are just a short walk. We like this area best (especially 7A) because it's so quiet and VERY close to the 3rd bus stop, but you're actually 2nd for pickup. The theme of the southwest desert appeals to us, also. If you want close proximity to the Dig Site and El Centro, the Cabanas would be a good choice. :)

Hi all,

We land at Sanford at 9:15 p.m. July 3rd. We intend to stop at Super Target to get some breakfast foods and beer for the trip.

I think I want to stay at Cabanas as it's a theme that fits my family, looks close to the pool and El Centro. Couple of questions:

1) Since there's no conventions on the books that week, would the front desk offer free upgrades to business class?
2) I had added to my original request when booking that I'd like Cabanas, do you suggest I make specific requests for an area (Cabana, 1st floor, Area 9B??)
3) If I'm making specific requests, should I do online check-in, or just check in when I get there, hoping that they can make arrangements that night? I likely won't get to the resort until 11 pm ish.

We are planning on sleeping in until we wake up, and hitting a water park, relax later on, and then watching fireworks from the Poly. Any word if the Poly construction is going to cause issues watching fireworks from the beach? Would it be wiser to head to GF or Contemporary?

Thanks for your tips.

1) Since there's no conventions on the books that week, would the front desk offer free upgrades to business class?

Most likely no.

3) If I'm making specific requests, should I do online check-in, or just check in when I get there, hoping that they can make arrangements that night? I likely won't get to the resort until 11 pm ish.

You can do it either way. Even if you do online check in and don't like your room location you can ask if there's anything else available. All rooms are assigned 2-3 days prior to your arrival whether you do online check in or not.

We are planning on sleeping in until we wake up, and hitting a water park, relax later on, and then watching fireworks from the Poly. Any word if the Poly construction is going to cause issues watching fireworks from the beach? Would it be wiser to head to GF or Contemporary?

According to tikiman's website, they have now started enforcing the rule that only guests of the Poly are allowed access to the beach area. Fences are starting to go up to restrict access. No more watching wishes from the beach if you're not a guest.

Most likely no.

Oh well.

You can do it either way. Even if you do online check in and don't like your room location you can ask if there's anything else available. All rooms are assigned 2-3 days prior to your arrival whether you do online check in or not.

Very cool...thanks

According to tikiman's website, they have now started enforcing the rule that only guests of the Poly are allowed access to the beach area. Fences are starting to go up to restrict access. No more watching wishes from the beach if you're not a guest.

Stink. What other places are great to watch the July4th fireworks outside of the parks?

Hi all,

2) I had added to my original request when booking that I'd like Cabanas, do you suggest I make specific requests for an area (Cabana, 1st floor, Area 9B??)

Thanks for your tips.

Business Class has nothing to do with conventions. It's for regular guests willing to pay for it. All of Cabanas 9B is Business Class so it's unlikely they will give you a room there. Why not just upgrade to Business Class?

How much extra is business class? I'm a tight wad

As stated above its about $50 per night. You get the most premium location at CSR. Some people pay the $50 just for the room location. You do however get access to the BC lounge for a cold breakfast and also free drinks in the evening. Well worth it IMO. We stayed there for 12 nights in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter