Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hubby is like a bobcat if he doesn't have protein on a regular basis... So we are definitely eating as soon as we get checked in... Too much plane food? You fly first class? Lol. I can not survive on chex mix and soda ;)

Haha nooo. I bring snacks as it's an 8 hour flight. No chance of first class but I've got to say I thought the meal was ok! We all pretty much lost our appetites though!

Haha nooo. I bring snacks as it's an 8 hour flight. No chance of first class but I've got to say I thought the meal was ok! We all pretty much lost our appetites though!
We take off at 6 am, fly for 3.5 hours, have a layover in Texas for two hours, fly two and half more hours and land at 5 pm... I doubt we will get meals since each individual flight is so short, typically they try and get you to buy their cold cut box lunch or sandwich thing... :P we'll have snacks too and hopefully Starbucks during the layover... But food will be needed!

Apologies if this was answered before, I think I asked but can't find it! The marshmallow toasting on the fire/s'mores thing - are the marshmallows provided? Do we need to pay? Where is it and what time? If I could have some details that would really help as we can't decide between doing this (chilling at and getting to know our resort) and heading to the Poly beach for Wishes (I wanted to do this, but now Captain Cooks is shut I'm not sure we can get Dole Whips!) We wont be getting there until the evening so it needs to be non-park stuff and relaxing enough to recover from a long flight from the UK. But also not boring - we're at Disney after all! My husband likes the idea of staying at the resort. My children want to watch Wishes. I'm torn!
they provide marshmallows and if I remember correctly I think it was at 5:00 ish

Apologies if this was answered before, I think I asked but can't find it!

The marshmallow toasting on the fire/s'mores thing - are the marshmallows provided? Do we need to pay? Where is it and what time?
If I could have some details that would really help as we can't decide between doing this (chilling at and getting to know our resort) and heading to the Poly beach for Wishes (I wanted to do this, but now Captain Cooks is shut I'm not sure we can get Dole Whips!)

We wont be getting there until the evening so it needs to be non-park stuff and relaxing enough to recover from a long flight from the UK. But also not boring - we're at Disney after all!

My husband likes the idea of staying at the resort. My children want to watch Wishes. I'm torn!

I think it varys on time of year. When we go in December it's at like 5pm. The April schedule says the campfire is at 6:30pm. After the campfire they have the movie under the stars at the Digsite at 8:30pm. We are always to tired on travel day to leave the resort. It's tradition for us to spend the first night there. CSR is beautiful at night. Marshmallows and utensils are provided free of charge.

Thank you very much for the help :) I'm not sure what time we will arrive so I think we will see how things go on the day. This is a massive help, thanks!

Just over a week until I arrive! Looking forward to staying at CS and Expedition Everest Challenge - just hoping that the humidity is bearable during the evening of the race.

If I arrive early in the morning (9 am flight arrival) will they hold our bags until our rooms are ready - I usually arrive late at night and have never had to store my bags?

Thanks!

Just over a week until I arrive! Looking forward to staying at CS and Expedition Everest Challenge - just hoping that the humidity is bearable during the evening of the race. If I arrive early in the morning (9 am flight arrival) will they hold our bags until our rooms are ready - I usually arrive late at night and have never had to store my bags? Thanks!

First have fun and good luck! Yes they have a very large baggage area. It's off to the far left when the busses pull in. They store bags there. Very very nice bell service area. Also available 24 hours a day.

Rope drop and driving question... Trying to get the timing down (it's so much easier at DL!)... Each park seems to open at 9 am (I understand they all can open a bit earlier) when we are there (which my DL brain makes me think we can sleep in a little, but from what I have read is not so at wdw.) DH and DD need real food 1st thing or they are bobcats, so I am planning on pepper market between 7-7:15 am, 30 minutes to eat (is that enough time there to get a Mickey waffle, eggs and sausage? We don't need much time to actually eat, say 15 minutes to get the food and 15 to eat?). Hop in the car and go. Now I think we need to get to MK's parking lot closer to 8 am... The others 8:15? Is that about right? So I am allotting about 30 minutes to drive to each park. We move pretty quick on disney vacations, is this a good plan to make rope drop?

First have fun and good luck! Yes they have a very large baggage area. It's off to the far left when the busses pull in. They store bags there. Very very nice bell service area. Also available 24 hours a day.

I can't believe I forgot about that storage area - I really need a vacation :)

Thanks for the reminder!

I stayed at CSR last August and there were always towels at the quiet pool, usually on a cart right as you walked in. I'm not sure if that has changed or not.

We were at CSR last week and loved it, especially the business class building location and lounge. We will be back. On our resort evenings at the dig site we roasted marshmallows (6:30 pm), swam, sat in the hot tub, played in the arcade, played life size checkers, there was ping pong that we didn't use, got fries for a snack credit at the pool bar, and played on the playground. My dd10 said the slide is a little scary in the dark which made it fun for her. We also shopped in the gift shop, played wii in the cococino lounge and tried for several minutes to get into a hammock that was a little too high off the ground. Hilarious! It felt like there was more to do than at POR probably because the arcade was next to the pool and there was the checkers and ping pong. We never did figure out where the movies play. I know they were supposed to be near the pool, but we didn't find it. We could have asked, but we were tired anyway. I can't wait to stay there again.

We were at CSR last week and loved it, especially the business class building location and lounge. We will be back. On our resort evenings at the dig site we roasted marshmallows (6:30 pm), swam, sat in the hot tub, played in the arcade, played life size checkers, there was ping pong that we didn't use, got fries for a snack credit at the pool bar, and played on the playground. My dd10 said the slide is a little scary in the dark which made it fun for her. We also shopped in the gift shop, played wii in the cococino lounge and tried for several minutes to get into a hammock that was a little too high off the ground. Hilarious! It felt like there was more to do than at POR probably because the arcade was next to the pool and there was the checkers and ping pong. We never did figure out where the movies play. I know they were supposed to be near the pool, but we didn't find it. We could have asked, but we were tired anyway. I can't wait to stay there again.

Movies play near the marshmallow roasting on the opposite side of the pool from the arcade (by kiddie pool).

Apologies if this was answered before, I think I asked but can't find it!

The marshmallow toasting on the fire/s'mores thing - are the marshmallows provided? Do we need to pay? Where is it and what time?
If I could have some details that would really help as we can't decide between doing this (chilling at and getting to know our resort) and heading to the Poly beach for Wishes (I wanted to do this, but now Captain Cooks is shut I'm not sure we can get Dole Whips!)

We wont be getting there until the evening so it needs to be non-park stuff and relaxing enough to recover from a long flight from the UK. But also not boring - we're at Disney after all!

My husband likes the idea of staying at the resort. My children want to watch Wishes. I'm torn!
I have heard that they are now only allowing Poly resort guests on the beach to watch Wishes. I could be wrong, but it seems like it was due to construction of the new DVC properties there and parts of the beach being roped off. Hopefully this makes your decision easier!

I have heard that they are now only allowing Poly resort guests on the beach to watch Wishes. I could be wrong, but it seems like it was due to construction of the new DVC properties there and parts of the beach being roped off. Hopefully this makes your decision easier!

Oh no I hope not! Will have to research this a little further!

Was just able to upgrade our room for July to business class! We've stayed business class now 3x and just love it! The food/snacks are great offerings for my dad who has some food restrictions and the building location is just wonderful! So glad to be staying again for our 4th time in a year!

It is recommended to be at bus stop an hour before you want to get there. Usually does not take that long at Coronado, but you never know

A few weeks back I posted about a standard room at CSR (for Memorial weekend) that I had in my cart for a while and was planning to book once we had returned from our March visit (we are local). I accidentally removed it from my cart and of course there has not been a standard room available since. I have been checking daily but was curious if any of you had better luck calling? I don't want to call and bother them every day if it's not necessary. Does anyone know if cancelled rooms will automatically show on the site?

It's crazy, being local we have NEVER booked much more than a month or a month and a half in advance. We never had a problem getting a room with either the passholder rate or florida resident. I know it's a holiday weekend, but we have gone that weekend for the past few years without issues. It seems as if most of the resorts are booked up, even at regular rates! Is it just me or is it getting harder and harder to book a resort??

I booked through Orbitz earlier this month (ended up with split stay for various reasons) and I could not find a room for the night of May 4. A LM room at AoA came available after I had been searching for a day or two, so rooms definitely will show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter