• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CONTEST HAS ENDED POST REVIEWS.... WIN annual passes, park hopper, tickets to party

yeah i know gisele the contest ened.. and yet we go on about it! so can we post other contests???

Disneylandkitkat -

When you return from your wonderful WoC party, may I suggest that it could be a good idea to change the title of this thread? I think if you put something at the beginning like "Contest Over," that would be helpful. Many times I've had the thought that it might be misleading to people who just now stumble upon the thread and think it's still an active contest.

Or, another suggestion would be if you want to make this one big general contest thread (for multiple contests) you could change the title to reflect that. In that case, there may be other contests posted here that extend beyond just California residents so it would be good to change the title for that reason too.

Whenever I post threads about contests, I will put a "Contest Over" or something similar in the title when the entry period ends.

I hope you're having a fantastic time at the WoC party tonight!!:cool1:

The sweepstakes link is not downloading for me. I give up. I will have to try a different computer.

Disneylandkitkat -

When you return from your wonderful WoC party, may I suggest that it could be a good idea to change the title of this thread? I think if you put something at the beginning like "Contest Over," that would be helpful. Many times I've had the thought that it might be misleading to people who just now stumble upon the thread and think it's still an active contest.

Or, another suggestion would be if you want to make this one big general contest thread (for multiple contests) you could change the title to reflect that. In that case, there may be other contests posted here that extend beyond just California residents so it would be good to change the title for that reason too.

Whenever I post threads about contests, I will put a "Contest Over" or something similar in the title when the entry period ends.

I hope you're having a fantastic time at the WoC party tonight!!:cool1:

If u want to close the thread... go ahead

If u want to close the thread... go ahead

Do you want it closed? There is no reason to close it unless you want it closed. It's up to you. People are still posting here. It's active. Weren't you going to post photos from the party? It's just that I think some new folks may get confused and assume the contest is still active unless the title is altered a little bit.

My opinions:

The good
-We got hoppers instead of just DCA
-We got a drink and a snack voucher

The bad
-There were way too many people in that small area
-The snack lines were way too long (even for free)

Snack lines were really long....so we waited until towards the end of the evening to even attempt them. I think had TSM and Maliboomer been open the crowds would have been dispersed much more evenly.

We had a ball, playing the boardwalk games for free was probably our favorite part. Loved all the the glow-y prizes.

Thanks for the reports all :goodvibes

We had a ball, playing the boardwalk games for free was probably our favorite part. Loved all the the glow-y prizes.

That would be cool! a couple of trips ago, we played the games and had the best time ... but re-loading that card ... got a bit expensive :rolleyes:

we stayed until the end at 1. food lines were long but free and tasty. ds got to walk on or almost walk on screamin 4 times. we rode everything at least once. games were fun and we all had a great time. thanks original poster for posting about the contest. we had a great few days.:thumbsup2

We arrived at booth 4 and were happy it was a short line to get in. When we got to the ticket booth we were handed a couple nice suprizes. We got park hopper for the night... yippy. My fiancee and I have passes but we were excited our familly could go to Disneyland also. We also got voucher for a free soda or water and another free voucher for deserts from out door vending. We were given a fastpass for the 1015 showing of World of color. W were handed red. I asked for yellow knowing red wasnt the greatest spot. I was advised she didn't have yellow but she told me she had blue so I was happy.

Next we rode some rides at California Adventures then we desided to have dinner inside Disneyland. Then we rode some rides at Disneyland. As we were getting off it's a small world the fireworks started. I said to myself it is way early for fireworks. They started the 8 something so the people from the World of color party could see them before heading back over to California Adventures for the party. I thought that was an added touch.

Next we went back to DCA and got inline for the blue section over my Wine traforia. We were in the third teir in the handicap section. It was a good view and it was my first time to see the play fountains how last time we were in the first row of the wet zone. The show was about 15 min late starting but I really enjoyed it. It was my second tme seeing it.

After the show we made a bad dash to the Verizon booth. Hoping to get so cool prizes while suplies lasted. There really wasn't much there. There were giving out bags and you could enter to win a free droid. Over at the vitimen water booth I got some of the last waters. Boy did thoughs go fast. I also got some of thoughs new trendy bracelets the kids are wearing with coke bottles on them.

They were blasting Kiis Fm type music everywhere and they had a dance floor. They also had world or color picture spot where you could get you picture with Mickey, Goofy or Pluto. They also had Woody out my the Toy story set up promoting Toy story three. The party was alot of fun the only down side was the lines for the food and drinks they all were almost from one side of the pier to the other. Like the dj says people love free stuff.

With the lines being so long we almost past on the free food and drinks but we got luckey we saw them bringing out another set of out door vending carts and we hurried over there. We were about 5th inline, but with in mins there were tons of people behind us. After we got our treeats we left the park about midnight. It was allot of fun boy do I love private parties... pictures to come later... Hope you enjoyed my report!!!

60432_1467911812616_1078190639_31119616_4036282_n.jpg

Since this promotion has ended, the title of the thread really should be changed.

Thank you.

I agree, the lines for food were soo long. But we found a line that didn't have too many people and we got our free snacks. You could choose cotton candy, churro, popcorn, ice cream sandwhich, Mickey ice cream, strawberry popcicle thing, and... I think that was it?

They had all the games of the boardwalk open with free play and everyone won a prize. They gave out DCA pens, light up WOC bracelets, bouncing light up DL balls, and DCA temporary tattoos. Vitamin Water was giving out some free bottles, Verizon had a booth open where they would take your picture with a WOC backdrop and they printed the pic out and put it on lanyard for you (that was neat).

They had music playing the whole night and CMs dancing encouraging you to dance.

It was really a lot of fun!!

Just want to make sure everyone know about this Disney is having a private showing of World of color for all Annual pass holders at 9:15 on Sept 15th and 16th. They will be giving out fast passes starting at 5pm both days and will let Annual pass holder into the park until 8pm. Between 8pm and 8:45 there will be certain rides only availible for Annual pass holders. I hope alot of people can make it. It's away to feel specail for thoughs annual pass holders that didn't win the World of color contest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter