Coffee on the Verandah -The Last Slide, Recap & Souvies 5/29 - Link to Aulani TR 5/31

Great Update Cynthia Sorry I missed your send off !! P &P has a Hawaiin Cruise and a vacation mmmmmmm !! I wonder if I can talk Carol into flying to Hawaii !!:confused3She is already nervous about the Vegas flight :confused3:rotfl2:If not on my radar is Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens , which I know she'll do :goodvibes
Can't wait for the TR!!!!

Finally getting around to some comments...

Check it out, their own jeep!

Love this. People must've thought they were VIPs. (Which they are, of course.) It's great to read that they loved the tour.

I thought this picture looked like they ran across some cigarette-smoking thug out on the savanna.

It cracks me up that Pat can recognize "her monkey" from pictures that only show the backsides. :rotfl2:

So could Evan!

Oh wait, that was from yesterday when he jumped up on a rock and sang the Lion King. You’ll have to imagine baby Simba in his arms…

I do this too, and sing the beginning of The Lion King, but for the gibberish words that I can't understand I substitute "Pennnnn-sylvania! The Keystone state."

As we walked out Evan had this to say about the day.

Now THAT’S how you do a park! BEST PARK DAY EVER!

The kid may have brown eyes but he was dead serious and maintains to this day that this was the best park day ever.

SCORE!

And frankly, they all seemed to feel the same. It was perfect from start to finish and it wasn’t quite over!

This is awesome to read! So great. And you hadn't even done the night-vision goggles yet, which are cool.

Oh yeah, I'm glad that you got to see the Nemo show...you got some great pictures.

Can you guess what I did?

Great picture. I wasn't even there, yet it puts me in the moment. :goodvibes

And two by two (or thereabouts) they went! The cowbell stampede (ok, it was more of a meander but you get the idea).

I would've been a little nervous that there might have been a giant ark that they were heading to.

Very relaxing morning, and what a great "standard" view! :thumbsup2

Hi new here and stopping in to say great trip report!!!

I lurked on DIS some planning for our DW trip a couple weeks back, and when we came back I was having Disney withdrawal, so what did I decide to do??? Come back here and read trip reports of course :rotfl2:

Anyway, I loved your TR so much that now I am obsessed with taking a Disney cruise, much to the horror of my husband :eek: But for now I am a women on a mission!

Have a great trip in Hawaii!

Yak & Yeti has the best burger.
Nice Finding Nemo pics.
Looks like a delicious meal at Y&Y. Loved the pics as headed out with an empty park and rain. I enjoy rainy days (sometimes).
The savannah whisperer. LOL. That is funny.
I hope you have a great trip.

Ah…coffee on the verandah. Coffee on the Savanna! Want to see my morning view?
Not a bad way to spend your last morning of vacation.

And two by two (or thereabouts) they went! The cowbell stampede (ok, it was more of a meander but you get the idea).
Cool! I'm glad you got confirmation! :thumbsup2

They may not have played nicely on the safari hence their removal but they sure seemed fine that morning from my verandah
I kind of wondered about that when I heard they were being removed from the Safari for that reason. :confused3 They always seemed fine at AKL.

12 hours from now I will be on a plane to Aulani! 24 hours from now, having coffee on a very different verandah :goodvibes

Aloha!
Since you're already there, Aloha! :thumbsup2

ALOHA!!!!!! So excited for you!! Don't forget to say hi to AlohaLani in the Olelo room! :goodvibes

ALOHA!!!!!! So excited for you!! Don't forget to say hi to AlohaLani in the Olelo room! :goodvibes

OMG Laniwai. That's all I have to say.

Wow.

That and....which beach did you guys snorkel at on the north shore where you saw all the turtles?

:goodvibes

Aloha!!! I'll be in Maui on Saturday... I'm counting down the minutes. Although, the Aulani is amazing... Enjoy that lazy river...

I don't think I commented on your mega-update...you guys had an impressive AK day! Way to go!!

Sounds like you have a wonderful time in Hawaii! Hope you will come back very relaxed!

THE BEST UPDATE OF ALL TIME! How could it not be with all of those beautiful giraffes in your view as you drank your coffee from the verandah. Beautiful shots of beautiful animals.

I know I posted it once already, but Aloha...and have a wonderful trip. :hug:

It was a magical morning!

We are having a wonderful trip. Just ate dinner and watched the sunset from our lanai. Doesn't get much better than that!

Yay for 0 on your countdown!!! Have a great flight and enjoy that coffee on the veranda. I cannot wait to do the same.

You are almost at 0. Actually time zone wise it's departure day for you right now!

Perfect morning.

Aloha!

It was perfect and oh Aulani really does make you think of Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Lovely update. I just wanted to pop in case you check and wish you safe travels and an awesome stay at Aulani! :goodvibes

Thanks TK! We are having a magical time.

Safe travels. :hug:

Thanks!!!!

Still can't believe that was your standard room view. How perfect. Just perfect. Too cool that you got to see the animals going into their feeding pen. I guess they just waited for that straggler giraffe to show.

What a perfect morning. Must have been hard to leave.

Really enjoyed your trip!

Have a great trip to Aulani.:wave2:

Can you believe our view mojo? it was amazing. I don't know that I could ever risk a non savanna view booking after that. They aren't going to feeding pens, at least that's not what K&J were told. They are moving them around the savanna. It was hard to leave. We aren't quite done though, late flight home. :)

Loving Aulani!

It's time!!!

Aloha!

Have a fantastic trip and safe travels!!!

Aloha and Mahalo! We are having a wonderful trip.

Sorry I missed your send off! But I am sure you are going to have a wonderful time at Aulani. Can't wait for a new TR! :goodvibes

Not quite done with this one but yes there will be a new TR. I do need to get caught up everywhere first :)

Looks like it was a fantastic morning taking in the sights from your standard-view balcony. If only you'd been able to get a savanna view instead... :rolleyes1

Very cool to confirm the Bell Whisperers out there, too!

The bell whisperer was SO cool! Gotta love that standard view.

Jealous! :beach:

Have an absolute blast! I watched Pete and the DIS gang from Aulani yesterday, and the background was beautiful!

I was SO sad to miss that, need to download it and listen poolside while we are here. They were taping while we were landing!

Hope you have the best time! :goodvibes

Mahalo! We are :)

Great Update Cynthia Sorry I missed your send off !! P &P has a Hawaiin Cruise and a vacation mmmmmmm !! I wonder if I can talk Carol into flying to Hawaii !!:confused3She is already nervous about the Vegas flight :confused3:rotfl2:If not on my radar is Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens , which I know she'll do :goodvibes
Can't wait for the TR!!!!

Oh Rosie it's wonderful! Crazy long flight from where you are though.

Finally getting around to some comments...

Love this. People must've thought they were VIPs. (Which they are, of course.) It's great to read that they loved the tour.

They loved it, not only was it very VIP it was also neat dad and daughter time :)

I thought this picture looked like they ran across some cigarette-smoking thug out on the savanna.

LOL!

It cracks me up that Pat can recognize "her monkey" from pictures that only show the backsides. :rotfl2:

It is fascinating, isn't it. Impressive really :rotfl2:

I do this too, and sing the beginning of The Lion King, but for the gibberish words that I can't understand I substitute "Pennnnn-sylvania! The Keystone state."

I am trying to imagine where in the song that goes and how you make it work...hmmm

This is awesome to read! So great. And you hadn't even done the night-vision goggles yet, which are cool.

Oh yeah, I'm glad that you got to see the Nemo show...you got some great pictures.

Great picture. I wasn't even there, yet it puts me in the moment. :goodvibes

I would've been a little nervous that there might have been a giant ark that they were heading to.

Very relaxing morning, and what a great "standard" view! :thumbsup2

Evan cracked me up. Which he usually does when he isn't making me nuts. He was so matter of fact about it. "Now THAT'S how you do a park" lol!

That was the most amazing standard view ever! I will say that it is the exception...pretty sure every standard view here at Aulani, of which there are very few, all pretty much suck. Even if Carrie got the worst one of all I think they are all pretty bad. It's a bummer we are view junkies, it does hurt the point wallet.

A-lo-ha! Yay! I'm so happy you're there and can't wait for details. I almost text you earlier. Feel free to send pics. :teeth:

Ask and well, you received :) lol!

Text away, I am taking a bazillion pictures. You guys MUST come here.

So glad you are there. Now go and enjoy!

Mahalo Kathy! and oh we are!!!

Hi new here and stopping in to say great trip report!!!

I lurked on DIS some planning for our DW trip a couple weeks back, and when we came back I was having Disney withdrawal, so what did I decide to do??? Come back here and read trip reports of course :rotfl2:

Anyway, I loved your TR so much that now I am obsessed with taking a Disney cruise, much to the horror of my husband :eek: But for now I am a women on a mission!

Have a great trip in Hawaii!

Hi and welcome! TR's are the best thing for PDD. Post Disney Depression. Hey mine wouldn't cruise either, unless it was to Alaska.... So we did! On the Wonder and he's a bit of a convert now.

Yak & Yeti has the best burger.
Nice Finding Nemo pics.
Looks like a delicious meal at Y&Y. Loved the pics as headed out with an empty park and rain. I enjoy rainy days (sometimes).
The savannah whisperer. LOL. That is funny.
I hope you have a great trip.

I will have to remember that about the burger, I think I've heard that before now that I think about it.

It was a magical exit out of the park, even with the rain.

We are having a wonderful trip

Not a bad way to spend your last morning of vacation.

Nope, it didn't suck :)

Cool! I'm glad you got confirmation! :thumbsup2

I kind of wondered about that when I heard they were being removed from the Safari for that reason. :confused3 They always seemed fine at AKL.

Since you're already there, Aloha! :thumbsup2

Must have been a traumatic move? :confused3

Aloha!

We haven't seen her yet but have only been there twice so far so there is still time :)

Aloha!!!

Aloha!!! I'll be in Maui on Saturday... I'm counting down the minutes. Although, the Aulani is amazing... Enjoy that lazy river...

Love Maui but it is fun to kind of rediscover Oahu, it's been a very long time for both of us.

We mat have a new name after this trip. Lazy river junkies or....the couple formerly known as veranda junkies.

That's too long, I need to work on it.

I don't think I commented on your mega-update...you guys had an impressive AK day! Way to go!!

Thanks!!!! It was a great day.

Wishing you a wonderfully relaxing time in beautiful Hawaii! :beach:

We are! Sipping wine on the lanai as I type :)

Sounds like you have a wonderful time in Hawaii! Hope you will come back very relaxed!

I think we will, it's been very relaxing. I'm proud of us so far, historically we don't decompress as well or as fast as we have.

The spa may have had a lot to do with that....

Aloha!! Hope you are enjoying numerous mai tais with Mickey! Can't wait to hear all about it!!! :goodvibes

No shortage of rum that's for sure. LOL! It's a magical spot Christine, you would adore it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter