Coffee on the Verandah -The Last Slide, Recap & Souvies 5/29 - Link to Aulani TR 5/31

Have a great time! I'm really looking forward to reading about it.

I've been meaning to comment on your last chapter, which I loved, but I probably won't get to it until you're on your trip...sorry about that.

I know how the last hours are..... You will make it to the plane and then

RELAX and ENJOY-- HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!

Exactly! Supposedly Alaska gives you a free Mai Tai 20 min out from Honolulu...we will see if that is true!

Cynthia, I wanted to stop by and say Aloha...have a wonderful, wonderful time. I can't wait to read all about it when I get back from my trip and the wedding.

Aloha Kathy!

You will be a very busy lady my friend (ok are a busy lady but such wonderful things right around the corner!) I can't wait to hear all about it.

Have a fantastic trip!

Jill in CO

Thanks Jill!

Have a great time!! Hope to see you there!

Back at you :thumbsup2 Hope to see you as well and say Aloha in person :goodvibes

Have a great time! I'm really looking forward to reading about it.

It is POURING rain here...is it wrong that it makes me really happy :lmao: mean. I can't wait.

I've been meaning to comment on your last chapter, which I loved, but I probably won't get to it until you're on your trip...sorry about that.

That's ok, believe me I'm 1-2 updates behind on all my subscriptions and it will be far far worse when I return. I'll lurk on my phone but really replying and posting much is a pain.

Enjoy your trip! pixiedust:

Thanks!

Have a great time in Hawaii!

Thank you!

Is this the slowest day ever, or what??? :rolleyes1

Have a great time! :thumbsup2

No, it wasn't actually as it was far too busy to be long...it was just non stop. Which is good until you wake up at 3am thinking of htings you really need to add to the packing list

:lmao:

Our last morning, how was it possible????

Can you guess what I did?

Surprise!

Actually the bigger, nastier surprise had been when I went to make coffee and found out it was still ON from the day before. Yikes. Thankfully there had been a fair amount left in the pot so it wasn’t a burnt stinky mess (and why we didn’t notice it the night before) but I am so not used to coffee that is sitting on a burner, or them having an auto shut off that we simply forgot. So while the coffee was brewing I flipped the laundry and took my shower in peace, everyone else was out cold.

Ah…coffee on the verandah. Coffee on the Savanna! Want to see my morning view?

Playing around with my stitching program

This one didn’t work as well

Sigh

Good morning neighbor! I will miss you

Good morning giraffes

After J&K's backstage adventure they’d told us how the keepers move the animals around, using bells to signal certain animals to move into position.

Guess who arrived while I was on the verandah?

The savanna whisperer!

And two by two (or thereabouts) they went! The cowbell stampede (ok, it was more of a meander but you get the idea).

Bye bye giraffes

Continued in next post

Continued from previous

This guy wanted nothing to do with forced migration

Look! A Zebra!

I am always amazed at the size of those horns…gives me a headache just looking at it

There he is again! Trying to hide?

They look very determined don’t they? On a mission

They may not have played nicely on the safari hence their removal but they sure seemed fine that morning from my verandah

And the giraffes have officially all moved out, it's zebra town now!

And lots of these guys too…I feel serene just looking at them!

I cannot even begin to describe how magical my morning was. The kids were out cold, worn out from the long day and a movie, Jeff was watching the Olympics (which boggled my mind at the time but whatever..I’m normally an Olympics junkie too but WOW). Wow wow and wow. Simply unreal.

I will leave you here and will have to do my final update and recap after we return. While I had hoped to wrap this up, I am awfully close and frankly my morning was so magical I wanted the update to be just that.

12 hours from now I will be on a plane to Aulani! 24 hours from now, having coffee on a very different verandah :goodvibes

Aloha!

THE BEST UPDATE OF ALL TIME! How could it not be with all of those beautiful giraffes in your view as you drank your coffee from the verandah. Beautiful shots of beautiful animals.

I know I posted it once already, but Aloha...and have a wonderful trip. :hug:

Yay for 0 on your countdown!!! Have a great flight and enjoy that coffee on the veranda. I cannot wait to do the same.

Lovely update. I just wanted to pop in case you check and wish you safe travels and an awesome stay at Aulani! :goodvibes

Still can't believe that was your standard room view. How perfect. Just perfect. Too cool that you got to see the animals going into their feeding pen. I guess they just waited for that straggler giraffe to show.

What a perfect morning. Must have been hard to leave.

Really enjoyed your trip!

Have a great trip to Aulani.:wave2:

Sorry I missed your send off! But I am sure you are going to have a wonderful time at Aulani. Can't wait for a new TR! :goodvibes

Looks like it was a fantastic morning taking in the sights from your standard-view balcony. If only you'd been able to get a savanna view instead... :rolleyes1

Very cool to confirm the Bell Whisperers out there, too!

12 hours from now I will be on a plane to Aulani! 24 hours from now, having coffee on a very different verandah :goodvibes

Aloha!

Jealous! :beach:

Have an absolute blast! I watched Pete and the DIS gang from Aulani yesterday, and the background was beautiful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter