Coffee card?

Barbydoll8

Offical Disney Dork
Getting ready to sail in about 30 days (YAY) and I read a post a while back the at the coffee cards are no longer transferable from ship to ship. Has anyone had any recent experience with this?
I have a full card from my Magic cruise last year and we are getting ready to go back on the Dream. I'd love to use it at CC if possible.

Thanks

Getting ready to sail in about 30 days (YAY) and I read a post a while back the at the coffee cards are no longer transferable from ship to ship. Has anyone had any recent experience with this?
I have a full card from my Magic cruise last year and we are getting ready to go back on the Dream. I'd love to use it at CC if possible.

Thanks

I sailed in May on the Magic. I brought my old card and they gave me a hard time about it but they did take it. It was basically rude the way they acted. He took my card, with only one stamp on it by the way, tore it up and added that one stamp to an identical card that he handed back to me.

I had also heard that people were having mixed results so I walked in and asked if I could use the old card but understood if I couldn't. He immediately went to rude. He was super nice the rest of the cruise as I filled up two new cards.

I would take it, but be prepared they will say no.

The new cards have verbiage that they aren't supposed to be transferred between guests or cruises. But there still doesn't seem to be a way that they are tracking that isn't occurring - at least to the guest. They may have updated the software to do that, but if that is the case, why bother with the card at all?

Hmm, i didn't think my old ones had a ship name on them. If a person in the service industry gets rude to me i am sure to mention how their tips, if any , are decided.

Hmm, i didn't think my old ones had a ship name on them. If a person in the service industry gets rude to me i am sure to mention how their tips, if any , are decided.

There is an automatic gratuity in Cove Café.

Thank you! This is so sad. Yes, why not allow it as it was an incentive for me to buy more coffee? Mine doesn't state the non-transferable verbiage so maybe I'll get lucky. I'll bring it and prepare not to be able to use it. If I can't at least there is Joffery's on the ship now. I couldn't stomach the awful Nesca-crap they had. :-)

Thank you! This is so sad. Yes, why not allow it as it was an incentive for me to buy more coffee? Mine doesn't state the non-transferable verbiage so maybe I'll get lucky. I'll bring it and prepare not to be able to use it. If I can't at least there is Joffery's on the ship now. I couldn't stomach the awful Nesca-crap they had. :-)

My old card didn't say this either and I think it is why he 'let' me transfer my one stamp to a new card that did have the new verbiage. I'm still going to buy coffee from the Cove, but it doesn't make much sense that they quibbled over my one stamp.

I had no problem using my old card on my August 2nd Wonder cruise. I asked the first time I went in there (CM had given me a new card and I mentioned I still have a partially filled one from last cruise). She said just bring it in and she will combine the two cards. I brought it back the next visit and a different CM combined them for me without question :)

We cruised in May (Wonder) and finished filling our old card from a previous trip. We actually ended up bringing home two mostly filled cards so I hope they continue letting folks roll them over to future cruises.

Joffery's!!!!! Hurray!!!!!!!

Coffee from the Cove was great. Iced lattes were just perfect! We were told to bring our almost filled card next time and continue to use it.

I've heard that some people will leave behind coffee cards, coupons, etc from sailing to sailing by tucking those things into the bible in the drawer. Maybe now I'll start checking - and that's where I'll leave mine in Feb. on the Wonder (just fyi, in case anyone is interested)

Jan in the Cove Cafe this past July on the Dream was the best! We all shared a card-3 of us. Filled 2 of them. He told us to bring the partially filled card the next time. We will try!

Hopefully most CMs will let us keep using the old cards. I am one stamp short from my last cruise in May and I am holding onto it just in case. It's just more of the same with them enforcing it on one ship and not the others, I suppose. It was just one person on the Magic who gave me a hard time so hopefully he won't be there next year when I am on the Magic again.

We brought our card onto the Magic in March (it was full) and they let us redeem it, but said that going forward, we wouldn't be able to use it from cruise to cruise. We were more reluctant to purchase a drink with that in mind because, particularly on shorter cruises, it's unlikely we can fill a card.

Well I just found my card from a 2014 Dream cruise and it doesn't say anything about no transferring, etc. so I'm gonna try it on the Fantasy in September!

I wonder if I will be able to use the same card when we do a B2B cruise in January/February? I'll be buying at least 2 coffees a day so I'd hate to have to start a new card between the two cruises?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter