Closures list 12-01 Whoa Nellie

We are planning our first trip for the Summer ... well first for 2 people, second for me but not since the 70s.

Will most of this be up and running?

Should we wait until another time?

We are planning our first trip for the Summer ... well first for 2 people, second for me but not since the 70s.

Will most of this be up and running?

Should we wait until another time?
The Pixar Pier rides are supposed to reopen sometime in Summer. They haven't given a specific date. My best guess is that they are planning for the beginning of Summer, but they aren't going to commit to that until they get closer in case something runs behind schedule. So if any of the pier closures are a big deal to you, I would push the trip to as late in Summer as you can to give yourself the best chance.

We postponed our annual girls' trip till the end of June for next year because of all of the closures. It's usually in mid-March.

It's a big list, because it includes the entire pier. Food, shops, entertainment. The attractions list isn't as bad.

It's a big list, because it includes the entire pier. Food, shops, entertainment. The attractions list isn't as bad.
For what will be a first trip for two of us and a second one for me but I don't remember much of my trip when I was 10, it's enough to keep us away.

We go for the whole experience not just attractions so we'll wait a year.

For what will be a first trip for two of us and a second one for me but I don't remember much of my trip when I was 10, it's enough to keep us away.

We go for the whole experience not just attractions so we'll wait a year.
Ya know..... I'd still go. Try for a date late July.

There is so much to see between both parks and DTD.
If there are some attractions closed, it won't be too many.

There are very few times when anyone can go to the parks and not have something closed.

Any guesses how long Splash is usually down? We are going mid March with our first 40" kiddos and hoping that one will be on the roster!

Bugger! i really hope nothing else goes down as were there from 25th January for 15 days....
Coming all the way from Australia i am really hoping alot of the rides & attractions are open & working

Bugger! i really hope nothing else goes down as were there from 25th January for 15 days....
Coming all the way from Australia i am really hoping alot of the rides & attractions are open & working

It will still be a great trip. We will be there the from Jan 28th just got a week.

Any day at Disney is always a fun day!!

Not even 5 rides. From what I can see GSS will open before the others close. So it's just CS and the Fun Wheel down at the same time, and GSS which is typical for that time of year. Plus the little carnival games and whatnot - those little things always make the list look long but I doubt most people would notice their absence. I'll miss CS because it's one of my favorites, but even if they weren't retheming it would still have to go down for refurb at some point, so I'll just have to deal with it. To me it seems pretty reasonable for that time of year, but I suppose that depends on your ride priorities.

I'm just gonna say... I was walking through this area today. Take away CS (both the experience of riding and the experience of hearing the cars roar overhead), the wheel, the carnival games, and most of the food options and the atmosphere of this entire section of the park is going to be very different. Even if you never played a carnival game, their presence adds a lot of charm to the area (as does hearing the CS riders screaming as the cars race past). You basically have Toy Story and the carousel. And it will be very quiet and I'm assuming will have a bunch of construction walls up. I hope they do something to combat all the desolation since we are looking at many months of this.

I'm looking forward to one more ride on CS before the shut down.

It will be interesting to see how Disney blocks off the work areas.

Kind of wondering how the major shutdown of the area will effect the line for ToyStory....

It will still be a great trip. We will be there the from Jan 28th just got a week.

Any day at Disney is always a fun day!!

Its going to be an awesome trip either way but the more rides open maybe it means the less the lines will be..lol well im hoping.

So will DCA still have the Disney atmosphere even though all the restructures & things?

Its going to be an awesome trip either way but the more rides open maybe it means the less the lines will be..lol well im hoping.

So will DCA still have the Disney atmosphere even though all the restructures & things?

I’m curious about that too. Guess we will have to wait to see what people report back.

Well darn, that throws a wrench in my plans for our February trip. I hate to cancel, but many of the rides listed are the ones my kids really loved on our first trip this past Summer. Glad I didn't buy park tix yet, and that my air and hotel are cancellable!

We are still going... will be in the parks Jan9-11. We are still going to have a wonderful time. My oldest is 41” now and will ride RSR, Soarin, BTMR, and Space this trip (or so she says). Only ride I’m actually a bit bummed about is Splash Mtn as it’s my all time favorite ride (has been since I was 5 years old). But I will be back April 30th for my solo trip so it’s all good.

I know they said the Cove Bar will re open briefly in April. Any chance it could be open on April 30th.

I know they said the Cove Bar will re open briefly in April. Any chance it could be open on April 30th.
My guess is it's unlikely to be open in late April. I was thinking it's morel likely to be open during the peak spring break period in early April (around Easter this year).

My guess is it's unlikely to be open in late April. I was thinking it's morel likely to be open during the peak spring break period in early April (around Easter this year).

I have a feeling you are correct. Sad for me but hopefully it will return better than ever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter