Offer accepted: 7/27
Sent to ROFR: 7/28
Passed ROFR: 8/14
Closing docs received: 9/15
Closing docs sent back: 9/16
Closing: 9/21
Deed recorded: 9/21
Points in my account: 10/6

All done, received a letter from DVC today with a number, called and spoke with CM and received my activation code and signed in.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN CLOSING!

Home: AKV
Offer made: 7/27
Offer accepted: 7/27
Sent to ROFR: 7/28
Passed ROFR: 8/14
Closing docs received: 9/15
Closing docs sent back: 9/16
Closing: 9/21
Deed recorded: 9/21
Points in my account: 10/6

All done, received a letter from DVC today with a number, called and spoke with CM and received my activation code and signed in.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN CLOSING!

Congratulations!

we are getting closer never thought this would get done

Home: OKW (E)
Offer made: 7/28
Offer countered & accepted: 7/28
Sent to ROFR: 8/7 Seller was slow to return contract
Passed ROFR: 8/21
Closing docs received: 9/7/17
Closing docs sent back: 9/7/17
Closing:10/6/17 (scheduled for 9/22/17 seller was slow to return, then sent wrong docs and was missing docs)
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Congratulations!!!

I went ahead and emailed the title company yesterday around 4pm. Guess it was to late in the day and haven't gotten a response.
I asked about the sellers documents. If they are still not returned I will be pretty upset being documents were sent almost 2 weeks ago.

Congrats to all who have closed!!!

I dont think ours is ever going to close now they received the new docs I have the fedex showing they received it and they are claiming they didnt get it...sigh
Likely, it hasn't been logged in yet. We had the same thing happen to us on our first resale and it said that they had all of the paperwork even though the title company said they didn't. The next day, they called to inform me that they did.

Likely, it hasn't been logged in yet. We had the same thing happen to us on our first resale and it said that they had all of the paperwork even though the title company said they didn't. The next day, they called to inform me that they did.
they sent me an email saying they received their fedex delivery and my fedex envelope had not arrived and they would let me know once it did. I replied back that the tracking info showed it was received and I gave them the name of the person who signed for it. They replied back they would investigate and let me know. About 30 minutes later they said they found it and completed the close.

Last edited:
they sent me an email saying they received there fedex delivery and my fedex envelope had not arrived and they would let me know once it did. I replied back that the tracking info showed it was received and I gave them the name of the person who signed for it. They replied back they would investigate and let me know. About 30 minutes later they said they found it and completed the close.
This doesn't surprise me one bit. Sometimes, it is just sitting there in limbo and no one has taken responsibility for it. Glad that you completed your closing :)

I went ahead and emailed the title company yesterday around 4pm. Guess it was to late in the day and haven't gotten a response.
I asked about the sellers documents. If they are still not returned I will be pretty upset being documents were sent almost 2 weeks ago.

Congrats to all who have closed!!!

I hope you get an update soon! The waiting is hard...

Hello there. So I've been monitoring the boards for a while but typically don't feel like I have any great advice or ideas. In turn, I just sort of never post. However, I've run into a weird situation and need some advice! We're attempting to close on a Vero resale and have encountered.. issues.

Things went really well until getting the closing documents from the sellers. Currently, the timeline looks like this:

7/5 Confirmed points on contract and made offer.
7/6 Offer accepted
7/10 Sent to ROFR
7/30 Passed ROFR
8/10 Closing documents received + first notification that sellers are from the UK
8/11 Asked Title Company for clarification since sellers are from the UK
8/14 Closing documents and payments sent
8/21 Checked on account; informed sellers would go to lawyer and not embassy to sign their documents
9/2 Emailed for update
9/5 Informed closing documents should be arriving that week
9/13 Emailed for update as aware that Irma may cause delay and our original estimated closing date was 9/10; no response
9/20 Emailed to ask if closing documents from seller had actually been sent; informed by title company that the seller had become non-responsive and deed may not have been sign or sent yet.

Figured I'd give an update and seek a bit more advice since my patience is running low. I heard back on 9/24 that the sellers were confused about the documents but everything was back in order and that the closing documents were anticipated by last week. Well, last week came and no updates from our agent or broker. Contacted both on Thursday for an update. Friday, got a reply that the documents had not arrived. I asked if they were sent with tracking. I didn't receive an answer - just a note that they would talk with our broker to determine what to do.

We're coming up on 30 days past when we should close. We're itching a little too close for comfort on when we could close, get points, and bank points, especially with the holidays approaching. When I originally bid on the points, I had hoped to use then for April/May 2018, which is now not happening. My only option will be to bank the suckers and replan my already planned August 2018 trip. Gah. :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: Can we tell I'm feeling emotional?

I don't know what to do or what to email to the broker and agent. I want to be able to tell them if this isn't resolved with closing documents being sent to Disney by October 18th that I'm done. However, will I forfeit my deposit? I've heard so many back and forth things regarding if I'll end up tossing away my deposit... which I really don't want to do because it's quite a hefty sum of money.

Sorry for the novella! Any advice is beyond welcomed.

Figured I'd give an update and seek a bit more advice since my patience is running low. I heard back on 9/24 that the sellers were confused about the documents but everything was back in order and that the closing documents were anticipated by last week. Well, last week came and no updates from our agent or broker. Contacted both on Thursday for an update. Friday, got a reply that the documents had not arrived. I asked if they were sent with tracking. I didn't receive an answer - just a note that they would talk with our broker to determine what to do.

We're coming up on 30 days past when we should close. We're itching a little too close for comfort on when we could close, get points, and bank points, especially with the holidays approaching. When I originally bid on the points, I had hoped to use then for April/May 2018, which is now not happening. My only option will be to bank the suckers and replan my already planned August 2018 trip. Gah. :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad: Can we tell I'm feeling emotional?

I don't know what to do or what to email to the broker and agent. I want to be able to tell them if this isn't resolved with closing documents being sent to Disney by October 18th that I'm done. However, will I forfeit my deposit? I've heard so many back and forth things regarding if I'll end up tossing away my deposit... which I really don't want to do because it's quite a hefty sum of money.

Check your contract and see what it says about your deposit. I know mine has a clause if after a certain amount of days post close I can cancel with no issues and all my money back.

I’m not sure what contract your buying, but you might want to hang on a little longer if it is a good price, since you are past your 7 month booking for April. If going in May you might still have time.

Grand Floridian

Offer made & accepted 8/3
Sent to ROFR: 8/4
Amended: 8/9
Resent back with signed amendments: 8/10
Passed ROFR:8/18
Received closing docs: 9/18
Sent closing docs back: 9/20
Buyer Documents received: 9/25
Seller Documents received: 9/22
Closed: ???
Deed Recorded: ??
Member number ???
Points loaded ???

With this timeline, why am I still waiting for estoppel? That is what we were told. I know that they pulled estoppel already as we had to sign an amended point total PRIOR to receiving the closing documents. Would they really be pulling ANOTHER estoppel form? The sellers have been very prompt in returning the paperwork as have we. This hasn't been recorded and seems as though it won't be for awhile. Any thoughts?

Grand Floridian

Offer made & accepted 8/3
Sent to ROFR: 8/4
Amended: 8/9
Resent back with signed amendments: 8/10
Passed ROFR:8/18
Received closing docs: 9/18
Sent closing docs back: 9/20
Buyer Documents received: 9/25
Seller Documents received: 9/22
Closed: ???
Deed Recorded: ??
Member number ???
Points loaded ???

With this timeline, why am I still waiting for estoppel? That is what we were told. I know that they pulled estoppel already as we had to sign an amended point total PRIOR to receiving the closing documents. Would they really be pulling ANOTHER estoppel form? The sellers have been very prompt in returning the paperwork as have we. This hasn't been recorded and seems as though it won't be for awhile. Any thoughts?

Two possibilities:

1) Your first estoppel was probably issued shortly after you passed ROFR and so much time has lapsed that they need to recheck that everything is still kosher, or
2) Your title company is *** and those folks love to sit on resale buys and blame everything on Disney or "the resale process" because they don't have the capacity or interest in giving a captive audience much of a show.

Last edited:
Ok cue the frustration. *** sent me an email this morning responding to my email sent Friday askinh about sellers documents. Sellers documents HAVE NOT been returned :( they were sent 2 weeks ago and we sent ours back next day. I am so frustrated. Why on earth are the sellers dragging their feet? I was hoping to close soon. Looking like we will not be.

Ok cue the frustration. *** sent me an email this morning responding to my email sent Friday askinh about sellers documents. Sellers documents HAVE NOT been returned :( they were sent 2 weeks ago and we sent ours back next day. I am so frustrated. Why on earth are the sellers dragging their feet? I was hoping to close soon. Looking like we will not be.

Oh dear, same thing with me! I got mine 9/18, sent back on 9/19 with my cashiers check for full $$. The seller didn't return their portion until 10/4. I was told when I called Monday the 2nd that someone had contacted the seller Friday (9/29) and he said he would return them Monday (which I do think was pretty close). My broker said they monitor those pretty closely. But for me once I got the email that both seller and buyer closing docs were in they said it would close in 2-4 business days. So hopefully your stuff won't take too much longer.

how long does it take for the transaction to show on orange county site? We closed Friday and still nothing.

how long does it take for the transaction to show on orange county site? We closed Friday and still nothing.

I think it should be there already unless they didn't submit it yet- or correctly. Could the spelling of the names be wrong? I have seen most people say their deed showed up later that same day of closing. Mine did! I would ask your closing agent about that.

Two possibilities:

1) Your first estoppel was probably issued shortly after you passed ROFR and so much time has lapsed that they need to recheck that everything is still kosher, or
2) Your title company is *** and those folks love to sit on resale buys and blame everything on Disney or "the resale process" because they don't have the capacity or interest in giving a captive audience much of a show.

My guess is #2...

Email the broker (I emailed Kristina when I was told that the sellers hadn't returned some paper work early in the process) and see if they can contact the seller to get them moving.

So sorry- I had a seller take over 2 weeks to sign the initial contract and then 2 weeks to send back the closing documents. It's frustrating to say the least. I had googled him and he clearly didn't need the money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter