Closing Time!!

I called about 10 days after closing. The closing company didn't send the documents to Disney until September 29th, or I would have had them sooner. If you call, call 800-800-9800 and choose option 2 for Member Administration. I called quite a few times and EVERY. SINGLE. TIME I was routed to member services and had to specifically asked to be transferred to Member Administration (even after using option 2). Once I was transferred I was given my member number. I needed my contract number and the seller's name. I was told to call back the next day for the activation code (800-800-9800 option 6/tech support). That was Friday (code was Saturday) and the points just showed up a little bit ago. They were not there this morning.
Where do you find the contract number??

I closed 9/19...Disney processed my stuff either 9/27 or 9/28 (I called 9/26 and it was NOT done, called 9/28 and it was done). I received my member number and a welcome letter through mail just a few days later and my magnets about a week later. Also received a couple emails maybe a week ago? Still have not received contract or membership cards though.

I didn't think resale members got membership cards anymore?

I didn't think resale members got membership cards anymore?
I think they are just different colors. But I could be wrong.

We do get certain discounts and we do get certain privileges (TotWL) so we need a card for that and the printed ones are just temporary.

I closed 9/19...Disney processed my stuff either 9/27 or 9/28 (I called 9/26 and it was NOT done, called 9/28 and it was done). I received my member number and a welcome letter through mail just a few days later and my magnets about a week later. Also received a couple emails maybe a week ago? Still have not received contract or membership cards though.

That's fast! They processed mine on the 29th, but I haven't received anything yet (mail or email). It took 4 days just to see my points in my account!

I think they are just different colors. But I could be wrong.

We do get certain discounts and we do get certain privileges (TotWL) so we need a card for that and the printed ones are just temporary.

Only, direct purchasers or resale owners before 4/2016 get blue cards (full perks), resale purchases after 4/2016 can only go online and “print”/screen shot a white card.

That's fast! They processed mine on the 29th, but I haven't received anything yet (mail or email). It took 4 days just to see my points in my account!
I’ve been seeing where points are not available immediately so I’m a little surprised but mine were there on 9/28 when I called in!

Only, direct purchasers or resale owners before 4/2016 get blue cards (full perks), resale purchases after 4/2016 can only go online and “print”/screen shot a white card.
Ok. It just said temporary when I looked at printing it.

It's weird... I've seen other's new to DVC with resale saying that they have blue cards. I went online to print my card and it is also blue. It should be white. I wonder why. I definitely do not get the direct perks. I linked my member number to My Disney Experience just to be sure! Do you think this is a glitch or are they changing the cards??

It's weird... I've seen other's new to DVC with resale saying that they have blue cards. I went online to print my card and it is also blue. It should be white. I wonder why. I definitely do not get the direct perks. I linked my member number to My Disney Experience just to be sure! Do you think this is a glitch or are they changing the cards??

Before my direct purchase this August, I could only see the white card in my account. So it might be a glitch in the website. I know last year I could see the DVC Gold AP for a little while on the Disney website, but they patched that error in the fall. We purchased resale just after the 4/2016 restrictions.

Did you go to TOTW lounge yet?

We purchased our first contract in 2016, and had our first DVC trip in May of this year. Going to the TOWL didn’t fit into our plans, but anyone with a white or blue card shouldn’t have a problem getting in.

Before my direct purchase this August, I could only see the white card in my account. So it might be a glitch in the website. I know last year I could see the DVC Gold AP for a little while on the Disney website, but they patched that error in the fall. We purchased resale just after the 4/2016 restrictions.

I guess I'll just keep an eye on it. It's just funny that it has happened to so many of us! It doesn't really matter what color gets printed, right? Don't cast members usually check the system anyway? I read that entrance into the Epcot member's area gets checked in the system.

I too just closed, received my member ID and such to log into my account, and my card is also blue online even though I purchased resale...

I too just closed, received my member ID and such to log into my account, and my card is also blue online even though I purchased resale...
Just looked and mine is blue also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter