Closing Time!!

Man reading this thread, I hope my seller is fast. She got her initial stuff done within 2 hours just let we did so here's hoping.

I think it should be there already unless they didn't submit it yet- or correctly. Could the spelling of the names be wrong? I have seen most people say their deed showed up later that same day of closing. Mine did! I would ask your closing agent about that.

I checked again and it is there now. Time stamp was noon today dont know why it wasn't done friday maybe because it didnt close till later in the day. But its officially done

Home: OKW (E)
Offer made: 7/28
Offer countered & accepted: 7/28
Sent to ROFR: 8/7 Seller was slow to return contract
Passed ROFR: 8/21
Closing docs received: 9/7/17
Closing docs sent back: 9/7/17
Closing:10/6/17 (scheduled for 9/22/17 seller was slow to return, then sent wrong docs and was missing docs)
Deed recorded:10/9/17
Points in my account:

how long does it take for the transaction to show on orange county site? We closed Friday and still nothing.
Ours was the next day but it is a gov't holiday today so that may be why there is a lag.

ETA: I saw your update. Same happened with us. Closed Tuesday late, showed up Wednesday after checking a couple of times.

Hooray I got notice from the title company that we had closed. The exact words were:

"Disney has been notified of the change of ownership. Please allow Disney 7-14 business days to complete the transfer. Disney will provide you a welcome letter including your membership id number within 30 days by regular mail.

The owner’s policy and recorded deed will go out by regular mail within 5-7 business days."

So here is my final timeline:
8/18 offer submitted and accepted
8/22 submitted signed contract to Disney for ROFR
9/5/17 ROFR waived
9/18/17 Closing documents received
9/21/17 Buyers closing documents received
10/4/17 Sellers closing documents received
10/10/17 Closed

I guess I just need the "deed recorded" and "points loaded" to add to my timeline. Hopefully those will both more quickly!

UPDATE!

Animal Kingdom: 100 points
Broker: Fidelity
Closing: First American

Offer made & accepted 6/30
Sent to ROFR: 7/11
Passed ROFR: 7/30
Received closing docs: 8/11
FA received buyer docs: 8/14
FA received seller docs: 9/18
Closed: 9/19
Deed Recorded: 9/19
Points in my account: 10/10

And we're done!

UPDATE!

Animal Kingdom: 100 points
Broker: Fidelity
Closing: First American

Offer made & accepted 6/30
Sent to ROFR: 7/11
Passed ROFR: 7/30
Received closing docs: 8/11
FA received buyer docs: 8/14
FA received seller docs: 9/18
Closed: 9/19
Deed Recorded: 9/19
Points in my account: 10/10

And we're done!

Wow, you had a slow seller too! Welcome Home, I can't wait to see my points!! Did you get your member card and then call for a pin or something? I am wondering how that next step works.

Wow, you had a slow seller too! Welcome Home, I can't wait to see my points!! Did you get your member card and then call for a pin or something? I am wondering how that next step works.

I called about 10 days after closing. The closing company didn't send the documents to Disney until September 29th, or I would have had them sooner. If you call, call 800-800-9800 and choose option 2 for Member Administration. I called quite a few times and EVERY. SINGLE. TIME I was routed to member services and had to specifically asked to be transferred to Member Administration (even after using option 2). Once I was transferred I was given my member number. I needed my contract number and the seller's name. I was told to call back the next day for the activation code (800-800-9800 option 6/tech support). That was Friday (code was Saturday) and the points just showed up a little bit ago. They were not there this morning.

I called about 10 days after closing. The closing company didn't send the documents to Disney until September 29th, or I would have had them sooner. If you call, call 800-800-9800 and choose option 2 for Member Administration. I called quite a few times and EVERY. SINGLE. TIME I was routed to member services and had to specifically asked to be transferred to Member Administration (even after using option 2). Once I was transferred I was given my member number. I needed my contract number and the seller's name. I was told to call back the next day for the activation code (800-800-9800 option 6/tech support). That was Friday (code was Saturday) and the points just showed up a little bit ago. They were not there this morning.

Interesting, I am using the same companies as you did so I will keep checking, so far I do not see that the deed has been recorded. Thanks for the information!

Interesting, I am using the same companies as you did so I will keep checking, so far I do not see that the deed has been recorded. Thanks for the information!
Check tomorrow after 12pm ours was there the next business day after 12.

Finally got my closing docs. It took over a month!
Home: PVB
Offer made: 8/10
Offer countered & accepted: 8/11
Sent to ROFR: 8/14
Passed ROFR: 8/23
Closing docs received: 9/26
Closing docs sent back: 9/27
Closing: 10/3
Deed recorded: 10/3
Called and got Member #: 10/11
Points in my account: 10/11

Got the email that I closed today!!! Deed recorded today too :)

*Update*
I'm all done!!!! I just closed on Oct 3rd so I took a chance and called today and got my membership number and activation code from the nicest person in Member Services (not even member administration)! And all my points are there! I'm so excited and relieved to be done! Good luck to all who are waiting!

The three times I called and chose option 2 for member admin, I was also directed to member services and had to ask to be directed to admin.

I called 7 days after closing only to find out that Disney received my docs 2 days after closing. I was also told I would be moved to the top of the list on the day that my docs were to be processed. So I tried again two days later (7 days after Disney received docs, 9 days after closing) and I got my member number. I could've gotten my activation code right then but I had to run and called back a couple hours later, where I got my activation code and found my points loaded into my account. I immediately booked our next trip!

Finally got my closing docs. It took over a month!
Home: PVB
Offer made: 8/10
Offer countered & accepted: 8/11
Sent to ROFR: 8/14
Passed ROFR: 8/23
Closing docs received: 9/26
Closing docs sent back: 9/27
Closing: 10/3
Deed recorded: 10/3
Called and got Member #: 10/11
Points in my account: 10/11

Got the email that I closed today!!! Deed recorded today too :)

*Update*
I'm all done!!!! I just closed on Oct 3rd so I took a chance and called today and got my membership number and activation code from the nicest person in Member Services (not even member administration)! And all my points are there! I'm so excited and relieved to be done! Good luck to all who are waiting!

Just curious who your title company was where it took more than a month to get your closing docs?

Just curious who your title company was where it took more than a month to get your closing docs?

It was Magic Vacation Title. I was not happy with that wait. Granted, there was a hurricane in there, but I saw movement on others' closings, so I don't know what the deal was...

The three times I called and chose option 2 for member admin, I was also directed to member services and had to ask to be directed to admin.

I called 7 days after closing only to find out that Disney received my docs 2 days after closing. I was also told I would be moved to the top of the list on the day that my docs were to be processed. So I tried again two days later (7 days after Disney received docs, 9 days after closing) and I got my member number. I could've gotten my activation code right then but I had to run and called back a couple hours later, where I got my activation code and found my points loaded into my account. I immediately booked our next trip!

I just called today (8 days after closing) and got everything I needed to login and book my first trip. And I got it from a guy in member services. I asked to be transferred to member admin, but he told me he could give me all that information himself. It was awesome and super easy!

SOooooooo frustrated!!!!! it's been 2 weeks since I sent our closing documents back and the seller has yet to return theirs! I'm livid

How long is it taking for new owners to receive their mailed membership information from Disney? I know it can take 30 days, just wondering (hoping) it's typically much shorter.

How long is it taking for new owners to receive their mailed membership information from Disney? I know it can take 30 days, just wondering (hoping) it's typically much shorter.
I closed 9/19...Disney processed my stuff either 9/27 or 9/28 (I called 9/26 and it was NOT done, called 9/28 and it was done). I received my member number and a welcome letter through mail just a few days later and my magnets about a week later. Also received a couple emails maybe a week ago? Still have not received contract or membership cards though.

SOooooooo frustrated!!!!! it's been 2 weeks since I sent our closing documents back and the seller has yet to return theirs! I'm livid
Ok phew good news I spoke with my agent from DVC resale market and he said he spoke with the seller directly and she sent documents yesterday and they should have been received by *** today so fingers crossed they can close us his week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter