• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's fastest? Bus to Epcot or boat to CR and catching the monorail? Thanks!

Definitely the bus. Despite a stop at fort wilderness, it's much faster as CR would require the boat and 2 monorails

Thanks for posting those pictures, Trish. I'm hoping we get a view of the fireworks, too, although it will have to be from the fifth floor. I don't like dormer balconies. :(

Sitting in Territory Lounge right now enjoying a Margarita and Buffalo Wings :)

Why we have never enjoyed this little nook before I do not know (this is our second visit to the lounge)

Why we have never enjoyed this little nook before I do not know (this is our second visit to the lounge)

We plan to be at the Territory Lounge this Saturday. We missed it the last two trips and now we are determined to go there this time. :goodvibes

Just want to make sure everyone knows that individual bottles of water were discontinued last year. In the summer, YC was one of the last CLs that still had some inventory, but I was told that when they ran out, they would no longer offer any to guests.

Good to know for our upcoming trip. This has been our experience at BWI CL, AKL CL and Poly CL for the past year or so. The only exception has been GF RPC earlier this month - lots of individual bottles of Dasani water available to bring into the parks.

Love it!!! So love Territory Lounge. We saved a night for dinner there (yes, on vacation fondue IS dinner) on our next trip. Enjoy!!!

Wow! I am impressed!!!:cool1:

Dd is trying to rest after a busy school break working a lot of hours at her job and playing hard with her childhood friends . So while she took a nap I got bored and fell asleep:rolleyes:

So I stumble down the hall and was greeted by a cm cleaning tables on the wall where the coaches are(CL). I walk half way towards lounge and it is locked, oops! I forget WL locks it 4-5pm the monos resorts don't.

I turn around and walk back down the hall and pass where cm was working, he is now 3/4 the way down that hall away from but calls"ma'am is there something you wanted from the lounge?".

I apologized that I forgeot the lounge was closed I was looking for coffee.

No problem Rob says and gets me fresh brewed coffee.

After a nap I need my coffee! And people ask if CL is worth it???:goodvibespixiedust:

I'd be impressed too! :thumbsup2 Especially when coffee is involved! It's my one vice..

I have experience at lots of the other Disney resorts, but not at WL...do you guys request certain rooms?

We booked a Woods View, and I usually request an "upper floor" as I don't like to hear people above me.

Are there Woods Views that are better then others?

Thanks! Can't wait! :goodvibes

We stayed in room 4008 back in May 2013. According to my notes, it overlooked some trees and a "drainage swamp" (not sure if that's exactly what it was) but at night we could see Wishes pretty clearly from our room. I'm not sure how much the trees have grown or filled in since then, but I thought it was a great view at the time. I don't remember it being too noisy, aside from the fireworks.

Sounds wonderful :goodvibes

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

I recently just changed my August 2015 trip from AoA to WL and I'm super excited! We stayed in an AoA suite last year and it was definitely awesome, so much so that we rebooked it on the bounceback. I really enjoyed the space of the suite, but I've also really wanted to stay at WL for a few years now. So, I made the switch and counting down the days!

After staying CL at WL, will we want to return to monorail resorts? We love WL, but CL looks amazing! Would love your honest thoughts regarding transportation . . .

Hands down the bus to/from MK is way faster than the boats but nothing compares to the monorail.

To the other parks it is quicker because most times not combined with another resort. We did have a return that stopped at GF once but that was during the slow time.

I would come back but if price similar I would pick the monorail area. We come and go a lot for breaks so that is better for our family.

CL wise this place has been wonderful. I keep thinking "my mom will love this:cool1:"!!! So, cr, poly and WL CL's I can't pick a number one. They all have strengths and weaknesses. :thumbsup2. WL WINS FOR FRIENDLIEST:cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter