• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD ~2014~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I echo Trishadono's thoughts on WL. I'm also staying here CL, and the CMs are outstanding. The CM/guest ratio seems very high compared to other resorts (although probably especially true now because some rooms look out of inventory due to the exterior work that is going on) and they are incredibly fantastic and kind.

My magic moment with them was yesterday after check in when I discovered that I had left my coat and scarf behind at the Beach Club in my villa when I checked out at o'dark-thirty to make my resort switch in time to make an early breakfast reservation. I went to the CL desk to ask for the phone number to call to see if housekeeping had my coat, and the CM told me that not only would she would call for me, she would also send a runner to pick up the items for me. She told me she wasn't sure that she could get them over here by last night, but definitely by today. AWESOME!!!! I didn't have to spend a minute on the phone, and I didn't have to travel back to the BC or to the Lost and Found center. By the time I got back from the MK that evening, my things were in my room. I'm a fan for life. Kook, you were 100% right that I would not regret my last minute switch to CL!

I just checked in yesterday so haven't had a lot of experience with the transportation options yet, but agree with Trisha that it is not quite as convenient as being at a monorail resort, but not bad either. I do love staying at the Grand and being a short boat trip away from my room, and a quick monorail trip back to MK, but this doesn't seem that difficult so far.

And now for some photos.

The happy return of my coat:

Room photos:

Here are some photos from around the resort. The theming and details are fantastic, and there are beautiful pieces of art literally everywhere you turn. I've only begun to take pictures!

Yeah, if there's another resort at Disney that has the level of theming that WL has, I haven't seen it.

(Although I thought the lobby at Poly used to be close).

I have been pm -ing, and emailing circus girl and knew we would be here together . As a long time fan of her pics I just did a few knowing the pro was coming :cloud9:

I tipped the "lodgekeeping" each day and got a towel thing each time. :thumbsup2

Have to say that the busses to/from MK have been super fast. Wish I knew about it before. I love to visit WL from the mono resorts and usually take the boat. That is so much longer!!! However time and weather will dictate your choice :)

Cobbler and cognac is yum! Brings out the cinnamon :)!!!

I have been pm -ing, and emailing circus girl and knew we would be here together . As a long time fan of her pics I just did a few knowing the pro was coming :cloud9:

I tipped the "lodgekeeping" each day and got a towel thing each time. :thumbsup2

Have to say that the busses to/from MK have been super fast. Wish I knew about it before. I love to visit WL from the mono resorts and usually take the boat. That is so much longer!!! However time and weather will dictate your choice :)

Cobbler and cognac is yum! Brings out the cinnamon :)!!!

and a special thank you to Circus Girl - I mean, I truly needed a short "get away" and your pictures and my imagination, :banana::worship: Thank you VERY MUCH! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

- Will remember the busses to MK _ just hope it holds true in June!

- cobbler and... Gran Marnier for me! yum indeed... :stir:

Yeah, if there's another resort at Disney that has the level of theming that WL has, I haven't seen it.

(Although I thought the lobby at Poly used to be close).

Animal Kingdom Lodge was designed by the same architect and has a lot of themeing, too. I doubt any other resort can surpass the WL and AKL for their beauty. WL is my favorite, of course. :cloud9:

Thank you, Circus Girl for posting those wonderful pictures. We are arriving on Saturday and with all the stress at work, trying to get things done before we leave, I needed the reminder of what was waiting for us. :goodvibes

Our daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren arrive today. They have rearranged their schedules for Thursday and Friday so that they can take advantage of the new splash pad and the swimming pool while the weather is warm. I am so glad that they will be able to try out the new splash pad. After watching it getting constructed I would have been sad if they couldn't use it. By the time we get there on Saturday. it will be too cold to swim. But at least it will be warmer than Chicago. ;)

Might want to do splash pad on Thursday. I'm two hours north of WDW, and were supposed to get drowned, Friday.

The new splash pad area looks really cute, but I can see I will have to start prepping my son for the fact that he won't be able to go in it. He's only 8, but he's a very tall, skinny guy. He left 48 inches in the dust awhile ago. I don't think he'd mind missing those slides, because he would prefer the big slide anyway, but that dump bucket is going to be hard for him to resist!

The new splash pad area looks really cute, but I can see I will have to start prepping my son for the fact that he won't be able to go in it. He's only 8, but he's a very tall, skinny guy. He left 48 inches in the dust awhile ago. I don't think he'd mind missing those slides, because he would prefer the big slide anyway, but that dump bucket is going to be hard for him to resist!

my daughter as well will be disappointed, i think. i'm a little surprised by the 48" cutoff. i get the point, but i bet several kids just past that height will be bummed.

not sure it'll matter anyway for when we're there. while the weather looks beautiful this week, it takes a pretty cold turn next week while we're there, of course!

my daughter as well will be disappointed, i think. i'm a little surprised by the 48" cutoff. i get the point, but i bet several kids just past that height will be bummed.

not sure it'll matter anyway for when we're there. while the weather looks beautiful this week, it takes a pretty cold turn next week while we're there, of course!

Our trip is at the end of August...probably the hottest time of the year to be in Orlando. The pool is definitely going to get some use during our trip.

Hi all! We just booked (TODAY) our very first WL stay for 9/16/2015-9/26/2015! We are very excited to try WL for our son's 5th Birthday Vacation! We will have 10 days at DW & go on a 7 night EC Fantasy cruise. We cannot wait!

First question, how close it the new splash pad to the main pool? DD is 48inches today, so by Sept. she probably won't be able to enjoy the splash pad with my son, so we will have to take turns. Will this be a long distance? Thanks all!

and a special thank you to Circus Girl - I mean, I truly needed a short "get away" and your pictures and my imagination, :banana::worship: Thank you VERY MUCH! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

- Will remember the busses to MK _ just hope it holds true in June!

- cobbler and... Gran Marnier for me! yum indeed... :stir:

Glad you were refreshed by the virtual vacation!

Bus is definitely the way to go. The boat ride is lovely, but if you want to be there or back quickly wheels are better than water.

Trishadono has maximized the delights of the cobbler in an awesome way!

Animal Kingdom Lodge was designed by the same architect and has a lot of themeing, too. I doubt any other resort can surpass the WL and AKL for their beauty. WL is my favorite, of course. :cloud9:

Thank you, Circus Girl for posting those wonderful pictures. We are arriving on Saturday and with all the stress at work, trying to get things done before we leave, I needed the reminder of what was waiting for us. :goodvibes

Our daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren arrive today. They have rearranged their schedules for Thursday and Friday so that they can take advantage of the new splash pad and the swimming pool while the weather is warm. I am so glad that they will be able to try out the new splash pad. After watching it getting constructed I would have been sad if they couldn't use it. By the time we get there on Saturday. it will be too cold to swim. But at least it will be warmer than Chicago. ;)

I want to let you know that unfortunately the splash pad has not been open the past two days. They are working on some kind of problem, don't know when they hope to get it going. The two hot tubs at the main pool were also drained and closed today. :sad1: The hot tub at the villas is open. Perhaps you could ask if it is possible to go to the pool at the Grand if splashing is a crucial piece of the fun you are counting on. That said, the water in the main pool is very very warm so there may be good swimming fun even on a cooler day.

You'll be relaxing very soon! Achieving escape velocity from real life often makes it seem more stressful to be going on vacation than to just give up and stay home, but it will be :goodvibes once you are here. Glad the photos helped!

I want to let you know that unfortunately the splash pad has not been open the past two days. They are working on some kind of problem, don't know when they hope to get it going. The two hot tubs at the main pool were also drained and closed today. :sad1: The hot tub at the villas is open. Perhaps you could ask if it is possible to go to the pool at the Grand if splashing is a crucial piece of the fun you are counting on. That said, the water in the main pool is very very warm so there may be good swimming fun even on a cooler day.
Thanks for the heads up on the splash pad. These grandchildren have been to the WL once before, back in Feb 2013, and they loved the slide. As long as that is open, they'll be fine.

ETA: If they are strict about enforcing the 48 inch rule, my grandchildren might be too tall, even though they are only aged 5 and 7. :(

My DH is guessing that if they have drained the hot tubs then there must be some sort of leak.

Circus girl- love your photos! The WL is a photographer's dream, except for the lighting sometimes which can be tricky. (apparently not for you!) No way those are iPhone pix- what kind of camera do you use?

Reading about the Territory Lounge reminded me of how happy I was that we made time for it on our last night this past summer. I think once you have gone there, it becomes a must-do!

Loving all the reports and reading about current and upcoming trips. I may even try CL someday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter