Cinderella Slipper Dessert

Originally posted by YCFAN
Those are what was being referred to earlier on this board as "chocolate name plates". Getting those makes the dessert more expensive than just getting the regular plate with your name written in chocolate on them. I think that would be A LOT of chocolate to eat!!

Oops, sorry. I thought the chocolate name plates meant the name written in chocolate on the plates. We had actual white chocolate plates with no names written on them, so I didnt consider those name plates.
I also thought all the slippers & bones are $14.00 now? We couldnt get either for any cheaper when we called to order. We thought the price went up because they are now served on the chocolate plates. I didnt know there was an option to not get the plate. Im getting confused. See, I talk about white chocolate and I cant concentrate on anything else. ;)
And you are right...it was a LOT of chocolate. Once we realized the plates were chocolate we knew we probably all could have shared 1...and boy were we glad we didnt get 1 each like we originally planned. ;)

hi :wave:

i have ordered one glass slipper and one dog bone dessert to share (2 adults and 2 kids)that said the reason i did this is because my youngest son is picky and proberbly won't eat id and i'm rather picky and my dh will proberbly end up eating most of mine::yes:: but at least i can say that we had them:teeth:

i sue hope that i get the ones on the chocolate plates guess i'll have to wait and see:D

eve::MinnieMo

How far in advance should the Slipper & Dog Bones be ordered? We are eating at 1900 Park Fare in November & I would like to order these for dessert as a surprise for my family. Thanks for all the great info :D !

Ive heard they only need 48 hour notice, but we ordered ours about a week in advance, just to be sure. In the end it took us a day of playing phone tag so I think its worth it to call a little early. ;)

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on ordering. I called today even though my trip was 5 weeks away and they were very helpful and took all the info. When i ordered the mini castle cake I was given 3 options; 1 chocolate cake with chocolate mousse,2 yellow cake with white chocolate mousse,3 a 1 layer cheescake with the castle on top all in white. I ordered #2. I also ordered a cindy's slipper. They took a credit card number and my reservation number. I asked if I needed to call back and confirm since it is a while away and they said no need; private dining keeps a copy of the order and so does the bakery that why if the bakery loses it (ahhhhhhh) PD still has it and checks that all the orders are complete. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Oh and I just called the Gf and asked to be transfered to the bakery .

Does anyone know if you can request the glass slipper and dog bones on a regular plate and pay $8 rather than $14 for the ones served on the chocolate plate? My good friend is going to DW with her DH, DD-4 and DD-2. They only have a budget to stay for one night - they'll do Cinderella's Gala Feast at PF the night they arrive then MK the next day. I thought that I could surpise the kids with the glass slipper & dog bones. Just not sure I want to fork out $14/each. $8/each is more doable.

That's what I paid for them on regular plates in July. Don't know if this has changed by now though.

Wow, this made me crave for something sweet! :teeth:
Thanks for all the info and tips, I think I'm gonna order a mini-cake for DH and I for our next trip! I can't wait!!! THANKS!:wave2:

Originally posted by CajunGirl2
I thought that I could surpise the kids with the glass slipper & dog bones.

Make sure to ask for the Chocolate Slipper, I believe the Glass slipper is something else entirely, Im pretty sure it is a drink.

hi wendy:wave:

firstly i'm no expert on this matter lol,but i'm sure you can't have the slippers delivered to your room you can only have them at one of the GF resturants
i don't know about birthday cakes:D

eve::MinnieMo

YUM!!!

I'm so excited to order one of these for our trip in Dec!!

Thanks to everyone for all of the great info!!:)

Janet2k- I love the photos that you shared with us. I have been to the world so many times I have lost count. I was even married there and I never knew these dessert could be done up like this.
WHERE HAVE I BEEN????
:scratchin

I also noticed that you had like a picnic with a dessert party at the Summer House at the GF. Was this for a special occasion? How many people did you have??? and whom does one have to contact to set this up?

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Wow what a great idea. My DH, DD & I will be at WDW next year (I know it is forever from now) :sad2: Anyway, we are going the week of our anniversary and the idea of a castle cake would be great. And I can get DD the slipper too.

I hate to sound really uninformed but WHAT are the slippers? Does anyone have a picture. We are eating at Park Fair christmas week for the absolute most perfect vacation ever and these sound interesting.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by Pats Dragon
I hate to sound really uninformed but WHAT are the slippers? Does anyone have a picture. We are eating at Park Fair christmas week for the absolute most perfect vacation ever and these sound interesting.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

There is a picture of the slipper on page 2 of this thread. If you are interested in the dog bones they are on page 1.

I also noticed that you had like a picnic with a dessert party at the Summer House at the GF. Was this for a special occasion? How many people did you have??? and whom does one have to contact to set this up?

Actually Janet is just about to leave for her vow renewal ceremony at the GF. I don't think she'll mind if I jump in and try to point you in the right direction. Here are the links to Janets trip reports. She does an amazing job describing everything in detail. I hope they help you out:

GF Summerhouse
Anniversary Celebration

Tammi

I have to say I was pretty impressed with the MK chef staff during our last stay (during hurricane Jeanne). I had pre-ordered one of the slippers for my DD (5). We had dinner PS at the castle, which happened to be the first day that the parks re-opened after the storm. Unfortuantely (and I really don't blame them) they forgot about the dessert until I asked about it. Our waiter went to the staff and came back with this fantastic dessert. In addition to the slipper, the added a crown filled with fresh berries as well as some truffles.

PhotoView.jsp

Not only did it look great, but it tasted awesome. I think it took about 2 hours for my DD (and me) to come down after the sugar high.

Originally posted by Red Wings Fan
I have to say I was pretty impressed with the MK chef staff during our last stay (during hurricane Jeanne). I had pre-ordered one of the slippers for my DD (5). We had dinner PS at the castle, which happened to be the first day that the parks re-opened after the storm. Unfortuantely (and I really don't blame them) they forgot about the dessert until I asked about it. Our waiter went to the staff and came back with this fantastic dessert. In addition to the slipper, the added a crown filled with fresh berries as well as some truffles.

PhotoView.jsp

Not only did it look great, but it tasted awesome. I think it took about 2 hours for my DD (and me) to come down after the sugar high.

So the Castle also offers this dessert? Very good to know!

Were you charged $14?

Yes, the castle can make the dessert. I would call ahead and inquire about getting it placed on your PS. Actually, I feel kind of bad. I think I was only charged $8.95 for it (which is what they quoted me when I called). Definitely get more than your monies worth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter