Cinderella Slipper Dessert

Eve-

Usually all they need is day and time you will be coming for the items and your last name (maybe resort you will be staying). If you give me that info I will call and make the reservation for you since because I am not sure about them returning a call to the UK. I have gotten these speciality items several times before and it is no hassle at all. Like I said above, you just give the order (items wanted), and date -time you will be wanting them at GF -they have never even given me a confermation code. So if you give me the info I will gladly place the order for you - I don't have much to do at work today anyway!!:D

You can email me the info at rmb9871@yahoo.com (that would be easier for me)- just let me know

Robyn

I just wanted to say regarding the last 2 posts that this is the reason I absolutly love the dis. everyone here shares the same obsession and is willing to help out everyone, answer questions, and even share their tips and tricks!!!!!Group hug lol.:grouphug:
This upcoming Sept will be my first trip back since finding these boards and I can't wait to experience the Magic in a new way and to really appreciate every second of our vacation.

Originally posted by Skylarr29
I just wanted to say regarding the last 2 posts that this is the reason I absolutly love the dis. everyone here shares the same obsession and is willing to help out everyone, answer questions, and even share their tips and tricks!!!!!Group hug lol.:grouphug:
This upcoming Sept will be my first trip back since finding these boards and I can't wait to experience the Magic in a new way and to really appreciate every second of our vacation.

Some days you can just FEEL the love!!

Mom and I just decided to eat at Narcosee's in Nov, im thinking of ordering the mini cake for us, can anyone here tell me if they were good, and also what flavor combos you can get?

Im not sure if I even want to cause the desserts on the regular menu look awesome!

:wave:
i absolutly agree the dis boards and it's members are the best:grouphug:

and i have just had the most delightfull conversation with a CM whilst booking my ps for the grand floridain cafe

i explained to her that i have the glass slipper and dog bones on order (big thank you to robyn)and she had said that she hadn't heard of them herself and that she has worked for disney for 4 years:D i went on to tell her those desserts were ordered for my birthday,she told me her birthday was 4 days before mine and that she is now planning on having this for her birthday and she actually thanked me for letting her in on this how wonderfull is that:cheer2: she also told me that she loves how i pronounce my name (evelyn is my full name but i prefer eve)
well i've gone on for long enough now:rolleyes: but can't you tell i'm having a great day:Pinkbounc

eve::MinnieMo

I wouldn't say it was outstanding. Not one of those desserts you put in your mouth and just oohh and aahh. It was more presentation but it wasn't bad. It had a cream cheese filling with white cake and was very rich.

Originally posted by YCFAN
I wouldn't say it was outstanding. Not one of those desserts you put in your mouth and just oohh and aahh. It was more presentation but it wasn't bad. It had a cream cheese filling with white cake and was very rich.

In your opinion, would I be better off just having a dessert from the menu there?
I don't want to waste my 25.00.

Thanks!

StaceyA: We did it as kind of a miniature wedding cake for my husband and myself because I always tell him I wished we had been married at Disney!! So it really was special to us and it was a beautiful surprise because he didn't know about it, but for the $25 unless it's something special that will mean something I think the regular desserts would actually taste better.

Stacey,

I agree with YCFan. I would not say it was the best dessert or even cake I have ever had. I had it 8/2 and it was as YCFan described. Very rich but mine had a little tartness in the background. Yellow cake with cream cheese filling.

Very beautiful though!

Thank you to all of you for your quick replies!!

I think we will skip it...my mom loves Creme Brulee and I see they have one on the menu, along with that almond crusted cheesecake that has my name all over it!

LOL
I usually split desserts but we will be on the silver plan, so we always get one each and try each others....we don't feel guilty if we don't finish it, and we get to try different things!

Thanks again!

You can never try too many desserts!! LOL:teeth:

Originally posted by YCFAN

:wave:

for a minute then i thought you were talking about the dog bones and glass slipper:rolleyes:
i have just had these ordered and i thought i would be in for a disapointment and then i realised you were talking about the castle cake::yes::

Oh no! The Cinderella Slipper is divine!!

:wave: :wave:

thanks camcolt::yes::

YCFAN
i must say you had me a bit worried::yes::

now i have a question please,
i have made a ps's for dinner at the GF cafe if we don't manage to eat all of the slipper and dog bones will we be able to get a box or something to be able to take our left overs with us::yes:: or do i need to be super greedy and eat it all:laughing:

They'll box it for you, but I'd be willing to bet the slipper's all gone before you leave!!

thanks YC::yes::
yeah i'll give a good bet that they will be all gone:D

Dont be so sure of that if you get the white chocolate plates like we did. Between 3 adults and 2 kids with 2 slippers & 1 dog bones, we had a ton of the 3 plates left over. We were given a styrafoam "take out" type box at the lounge(where we ate them) and took the extra to go. This lasted us the rest of the week and we were able to share with family at home.
On the other hand, if its just regular plates, you should be able to finish them.

Speaking of which, Im really curious to see if anyone else gets the chocolate plates. I feel like you all must think Im nuts since I seem to be the only one whos has gotten them, but they really were chocolate. ;)

Those are what was being referred to earlier on this board as "chocolate name plates". Getting those makes the dessert more expensive than just getting the regular plate with your name written in chocolate on them. I think that would be A LOT of chocolate to eat!!

OK, just wanted to get a little clarification. I think I know, but just wanted to pass it by.

Been watching this thread the last couple of days and thought it would be a good idea to order a specialty dessert for my DD (5). I called the MK bakery last night to inquire about a "slipper cake". The nice lady was very patient and understanding about my terminology faux paux (sp?). Apparently there are a couple of different slippers out there? At the MK, she told me they have actual glass slippers that they can fill with just about anything (including engagement rings, etc.). At the GF, it sounds like the white chocolate and fillings.

The lady was nice enough to check with her check at the MK to see what they could do. Maybe they can get with the GF bakery and get me one of those chocolate slippers so I don't have to make another PS for GF.

Oh well...it is what it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter