Cinderella Slipper Dessert

Grammamouse

Earning My Ears
Ordered Cinderella's Glass Slipper Dessert for my granddaughters for our dinner at 1900 Park Fare in 3 weeks. I wasn't sure how far ahead to order this, but today worked fine. I left a message at 1900 Park Fare with all details including PS number, date and time and by the time I got home from work today they had returned my message that the desserts would be ready for our dinner ( and added to our bill of course).

I think the girls will be delighted. Ordered 2 of course. Even though they are 11 & 13, still check out what the other one got.

If anyone is interested in ordering, you can call 1900 Park Fare directly at 407-824-2978. I believe that any of the GF restaurants or catering can do this dessert. Cost is $14.00 each.

They look so perfect for the Cinderella Dinner. princess:

Originally posted by Grammamouse
If anyone is interested in ordering, you can call 1900 Park Fare directly at 407-824-2978. I believe that any of the GF restaurants or catering can do this dessert. Cost is $14.00 each.

They look so perfect for the Cinderella Dinner. princess:

so the price did go up, they were $8.00 each, wow that is a price jump!

I think it was because they have become so popular from the DIS...LOL

Hi Grammamouse,

You gave me an idea. I called the bake shop at the Floridian for 9/15 for our 1900 Park Fare dinner. My dd is 4 and she doesn't like chocolate so I asked if they had any other suggestions and they are going to do a little 6 in. cake decorated with a flowers and a silhoutte of Cinderalla in chocolate on the side (which I will take care of).

Thanks for your suggestion/idea because I didn't know they do anything like this.

Have a great time!!
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Yes StaceyA, the Slipper and the Dog Bones are now $14.00 each. We got ours a couple weeks ago and they were on white chocolate plates as opposed to regular plates. The consensus here seems to be this is new too, so that could be the reason for the price increase. I too thought 14.00 was too much, but after getting them, and the plates, I feel it was worth it. ::yes::

Originally posted by CamColt
Yes StaceyA, the Slipper and the Dog Bones are now $14.00 each. We got ours a couple weeks ago and they were on white chocolate plates as opposed to regular plates. The consensus here seems to be this is new too, so that could be the reason for the price increase. I too thought 14.00 was too much, but after getting them, and the plates, I feel it was worth it. ::yes::

Good im glad to hear that, I thought wow what a jump in price!
Now I can see why they did it.
Thanks!!

I ordered one for my son's girlfriend in July. It was on a regular plate but they wrote her name in dark chocolate on the plate. She really liked it.

Originally posted by YCFAN
I ordered one for my son's girlfriend in July. It was on a regular plate but they wrote her name in dark chocolate on the plate. She really liked it.
Did that cost $8.00 or $14.00? You may just have blown our theory about the increase. ;)

It was $8.00 and this was July 7th.

I thought I had read that the slippers were $8 or $9 originally. Glad to hear about the chocolate plate. Maybe now I'll get a bite.

Ok, we ordered ours 7/12 and picked them up on 7/18, so yours were before ours.
Grammamouse, there will be plenty for you to try. We had 3 adults, 2 kids, and got 1 order of dog bones, and 2 slippers. There was so much chocolate left over. We kept it and munched on it all week, had some in the airport while waiting for our return flight,and even had some to share with family at home. :eek: And it was sooooo good! ;)

I had the Glass Slippers and the Dog Bones on July 8th, both $8 on a regular white plate with our names written on the plate in chocolate. I think $14 is too expensive, since they are quite small desserts, but I'd still pay it for the uniqueness.

:wave: :wave:

camcolt,
sorry if this sounds a dumb question but how did you get to take your glass slippers away with you?:D
i thought that you can only have them at the GF resturants due to the fact that they are hard to transport:confused:

i would love to order these but i don't want to eat at the GF as i have made my ps's and i feel i have enough::yes::
i would be gratefull if you could shed some light on this for me:D

thanks eve::MinnieMo

Originally posted by uktigger

camcolt,
sorry if this sounds a dumb question but how did you get to take your glass slippers away with you?:D
i thought that you can only have them at the GF resturants due to the fact that they are hard to transport:confused:

i would love to order these but i don't want to eat at the GF as i have made my ps's and i feel i have enough::yes::
i would be gratefull if you could shed some light on this for me:D

thanks eve::MinnieMo

Not dumb at all, uktigger. I know there have been conflicting reports about this, in fact we have even gotten them ourselves.

In Dec my mother tried calling to order one for me because I was going to be in WDW on my birthday. She wanted it either delivered to my birthday dinner at the Kona Cafe at the Poly or for DH to pick it up for me. They said they couldnt do that because it couldnt leave the GF due to the fact the filling could spoil easily.

Fast Forward to July. I wanted to order them to surprise DM with. We werent eating at the GF but we were planning a drink around the monorail tour on our first day. I figured we could have it delivered to the lounge for us, or even I had heard here they would deliver it to the counter service place at GF. So when we called to order them(we ended up with 2 slippers and 1 dog bones) DH asked can they deliver it to the lounge. They said you can just pick them up in the lobby,meaning the entrance to 1900 Park Faire. When we arrived, DH checked in and explained what he was there for. They came out with 3 good sized cake boxes and DH took care of paying for them right there. They never really cared where we took them. We then asked in the lounge if it was ok before we brought them in. The bartender/waiter was more than accomodating. He had us move tables together and everything. In the end there was so much extra with the plates they gave us take out containers to bring it with us.

So, I dont know what the official policy is, but those were our experiences. ;) Good luck!

What are these "dog bones" that you all are talking about??

I've heard of the slippers & want to get these in Nov when we celebrate my DH & DS's b days.

What's with the dog bones? Any one have a picture??

The dog bones were sort of a chocolate covered eclaire. I found them to be good, but not great. Then again with white chocolate in front of me, not much else can compare. DH thought they were very good and he ended up eating most of them since the kids werent thrilled about them. I knew they wouldnt like them(very picky eaters), but got them more for the fun factor for them.
Heres a picture...

f7a8ee7a.jpg

You can also see the white choclate plates there. IMO, all that extra chcolate was well worth the price increase. ;)

Cam Colt, thanks soooo much! The picture is great! While my girls will LOVE the "slipper"...I think my boys would much prefer the bones.

Thanks for the tip!

Anyone have a pic of the slipper?

The dog bones look very cool.

thank you camcolt for explaining ::yes:: what i wil do is ring the GF bakery and just ask if i can order the slippers to take away,maybe it's because they were on a chocolate base,i'll let you know how i get on:D

eve::MinnieMo

Thanks uktigger, Ill be curious to see how it goes. Hopefully being able to get them to go is a new policy.

Here you go PhotobearSam...

f7a8ee86.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter