Cinderella/Belle line to 75% off Memorial Weekend!!

Ok, well, this saga goes on for me! The news is good, but... now I don't know for sure WHAT I have coming to me!!!

So, can anyone give me definitive answers on what the sale pricing for the Cinderella necklace, bracelet, and tiara were?

Here's how things went:

As I said, I had called the Chicago store to try and hunt down a set after I found out the NY store didn't hold a set, even though I knew from on here that it looked like all the stores were out of the tiaras. Sure enough, they had the necklace and bracelet, but not the tiara. The woman I talked to there said she would hold the necklace and bracelet and try her best to try and find a tiara for me.

Meanwhile, I waited until after Michelle at the NY store was in to call back there and talk to her. Like Lulu, I found Michelle to be pretty casual about the whole thing, but I questioned her every step of the way. When she said she just found out that they weren't allowed to hold them, I asked why she didn't let me know that. She said I didn't leave a phone number, and I said that yes, I did, because she was supposed to call me back when the sale started to actually sell the pieces to me. She said oh, well, she couldn't find the number here, but that they still had the sets.

????

I said, "What? I was told when I called this morning that they were all gone, that the sets were all sold." She said, "Well, I'm looking at some right here." I said, "So you have the Cinderella necklace, bracelet, and tiara in the store?" She said, "Well, no, but we have a tiara." :rolleyes: And that's a set? But ok. So I said, "I'll take it."

Then comes the next problem. She tells me to wait a minute, then comes back on the phone.

At that point, she tells me her manager has told them they can't do phone sales either! :headache: Then she starts whispering. She tells me her manager leaves at 6, and they can do a 24-hour hold on an item, so she'll put a hold on it, and to call her back after 6, and she'll sell it to me then. Ok.

So I call the Chicago store back. I get told that they weren't able to find a tiara for me, and I tell them that's ok, I was able to find one, and I will take the necklace and bracelet. They take all my information, but they aren't able to give me a final total, because it's busy and the woman isn't able to get to the register. She tells me she'll call back later with it, but she never does, and when I call back, she again can't get to the register because it's being used, but she'll call back. It goes that way the rest of the day, and I never get the call back. I end up spending the entire weekend wondering if THAT order actually went through or not.

Back to NY - I call after 6. Michelle's manager is gone. She takes all my information and tells me that what she'll do is put the tiara away, and she won't actually ring up the sale until Monday (this is Friday) so that hopefully her manager won't notice it. She says I'll get the sale price, and that the tiara will then go out on Tuesday, and hopefully, her manager won't fire her.

I spend the rest of the weekend periodically checking my credit card on-line to see if I get charged anything from either store. Finally, on Monday, a charge dated on Friday for $97.65 from the Chicago store showed up.

I've been checking since then, and thought that Michelle had let me down again, but this morning, I saw that a charge for $42.58 from the NY store had gone through on Monday.

So, obviously, I will have a necklace, bracelet, and tiara! YAY!! Now the thing is.... the $97.65 from the Chicago store seems like more than I thought it would be for just the bracelet and necklace. In fact, from what people here were saying about the prices, that's about what I was figuring it would cost for all three pieces.

So, did I just underestimate the cost? Did the Chicago store charge more, or not give as good a sale price on those particular pieces? Or did they perhaps end up having a tiara they didn't sell, and go ahead and add it to my package as well? Would that be the right price for all three?

Guess I'll find out sometime in the next week or so. And if they did charge more, and it means I paid closer to $150 than $100 for the whole set... well, it's a little more than I planned on, but it still isn't bad for all three pieces, so I won't complain.

And if I do have an extra tiara, then I guess I'll get to work out something with someone here on the board... at what it cost me plus shipping, of course. Though I have to admit, seeing the prices these things go for on e-bay is tempting, but it's more important to have it go to someone who was trying to get it the way I was, and didn't get it!

And to be fair, if it turns out I do have an extra, since Lulu was the other person who had the problem with Michelle at the NY store with me, she has first dibs... if she doesn't want it, then we'll go from there. But don't count any chickens yet - I haven't even gotten the packages yet!

yes, $97.65 sounds too high for just the choker and bracelet. My total for the choker and bracelet (which is all I ordered) was $57.10 with tax. Now, obviously I don't know how each store figures the tax, but anyway...

I would call the Chicago store again, just in case they over-charged you!

chicago taxes are real high....some areas are almost 9% sales tax...plus the shipping.....i would review the reciept when you get it.....it is possible there could have been an error

My total for the bracelet and neckalce with tax and shipping was $65, and that was with California tax (though I have no idea how much their tax rate is). I would say you're either getting an extra piece or they overcharged you. No way the shipping or tax could be that much more.

Just to chime in... it does sound like you got overcharged with shipping and paying for the tiara, choker, and bracelet I only paid $107 from the Texas store.

Well, all I know at this point is it's going to be very interesting to see what I get! :lmao: Because I'm sure the taxes and shipping can't come up to a difference of around $40.

Figuring it out WITHOUT taxes at all, based on what people have said on here for prices, we have $29 for the necklace, $25 for the bracelet, and $37.50 for the tiara. That comes to $91.50. Add $6.15, which would probably be about right for shipping, and you get $97.65, which is what my charge is from the Illinois store (I don't think it's right in Chicago, is it?)

Since there is a Swarovski store in Maryland, where I am, technically they should charge sales tax, and they would charge %5, which is what MD's tax is. But since they aren't a mail order outlet, the person who was doing it might not have known how it worked, and might have just not done tax at all. The numbers do work out that way.

Who knows. I'll report back here once the packages come in and I see what I get. It'll be a surprise!!!! Regardless, they are still going to be a lot cheaper than they originally were, a WHOLE lot cheaper than the e-bay prices, and really, even if I do end up paying around $150 for the set, that's still a little cheaper than the other jewelry I was finding when I went looking for alternatives in case I didn't get this.

So, I'll be waiting by the mailbox anxiously... :hourglass

Yeah, It does sound as if things seem to be working out for people!! I got the bracelet and the necklace today but we could not find a tiara anywhere. If anyone does ahve an extra let me know! Yeah for everyone who was abe to get the pieces they wanted!!!

I suddenly don't dislike Michelle as much as I used to. I'm glad it's working out for you. If the Illinios store price didn't include the tiara, they did overcharge you. All in all though, you still got a great deal. :)

Just wanted to update and let everyone who ordered from the MASS store to be on the lookout. My tiara and necklace came today. I already have the bracelet, so I didn't order it. I have to say, the entire set is STUNNING! I am so thrilled with it.

Ok, well, this saga goes on for me! The news is good, but... now I don't know for sure WHAT I have coming to me!!!

So, can anyone give me definitive answers on what the sale pricing for the Cinderella necklace, bracelet, and tiara were?

Here's how things went:

As I said, I had called the Chicago store to try and hunt down a set after I found out the NY store didn't hold a set, even though I knew from on here that it looked like all the stores were out of the tiaras. Sure enough, they had the necklace and bracelet, but not the tiara. The woman I talked to there said she would hold the necklace and bracelet and try her best to try and find a tiara for me.

Meanwhile, I waited until after Michelle at the NY store was in to call back there and talk to her. Like Lulu, I found Michelle to be pretty casual about the whole thing, but I questioned her every step of the way. When she said she just found out that they weren't allowed to hold them, I asked why she didn't let me know that. She said I didn't leave a phone number, and I said that yes, I did, because she was supposed to call me back when the sale started to actually sell the pieces to me. She said oh, well, she couldn't find the number here, but that they still had the sets.

????

I said, "What? I was told when I called this morning that they were all gone, that the sets were all sold." She said, "Well, I'm looking at some right here." I said, "So you have the Cinderella necklace, bracelet, and tiara in the store?" She said, "Well, no, but we have a tiara." :rolleyes: And that's a set? But ok. So I said, "I'll take it."

Then comes the next problem. She tells me to wait a minute, then comes back on the phone.

At that point, she tells me her manager has told them they can't do phone sales either! :headache: Then she starts whispering. She tells me her manager leaves at 6, and they can do a 24-hour hold on an item, so she'll put a hold on it, and to call her back after 6, and she'll sell it to me then. Ok.

So I call the Chicago store back. I get told that they weren't able to find a tiara for me, and I tell them that's ok, I was able to find one, and I will take the necklace and bracelet. They take all my information, but they aren't able to give me a final total, because it's busy and the woman isn't able to get to the register. She tells me she'll call back later with it, but she never does, and when I call back, she again can't get to the register because it's being used, but she'll call back. It goes that way the rest of the day, and I never get the call back. I end up spending the entire weekend wondering if THAT order actually went through or not.

Back to NY - I call after 6. Michelle's manager is gone. She takes all my information and tells me that what she'll do is put the tiara away, and she won't actually ring up the sale until Monday (this is Friday) so that hopefully her manager won't notice it. She says I'll get the sale price, and that the tiara will then go out on Tuesday, and hopefully, her manager won't fire her.

I spend the rest of the weekend periodically checking my credit card on-line to see if I get charged anything from either store. Finally, on Monday, a charge dated on Friday for $97.65 from the Chicago store showed up.

I've been checking since then, and thought that Michelle had let me down again, but this morning, I saw that a charge for $42.58 from the NY store had gone through on Monday.

So, obviously, I will have a necklace, bracelet, and tiara! YAY!! Now the thing is.... the $97.65 from the Chicago store seems like more than I thought it would be for just the bracelet and necklace. In fact, from what people here were saying about the prices, that's about what I was figuring it would cost for all three pieces.

So, did I just underestimate the cost? Did the Chicago store charge more, or not give as good a sale price on those particular pieces? Or did they perhaps end up having a tiara they didn't sell, and go ahead and add it to my package as well? Would that be the right price for all three?

Guess I'll find out sometime in the next week or so. And if they did charge more, and it means I paid closer to $150 than $100 for the whole set... well, it's a little more than I planned on, but it still isn't bad for all three pieces, so I won't complain.

And if I do have an extra tiara, then I guess I'll get to work out something with someone here on the board... at what it cost me plus shipping, of course. Though I have to admit, seeing the prices these things go for on e-bay is tempting, but it's more important to have it go to someone who was trying to get it the way I was, and didn't get it!

And to be fair, if it turns out I do have an extra, since Lulu was the other person who had the problem with Michelle at the NY store with me, she has first dibs... if she doesn't want it, then we'll go from there. But don't count any chickens yet - I haven't even gotten the packages yet!

You are so nice! Michelle is supposed to be sending me one as well. I saw the charge go through so I think it's ok. I also got a pair of the Belle earrings since the Cindy stuff was gone. So, I think the extra if there is one, is up for grabs. But it means a lot that you thought of me. That really made my day!:cloud9:

I'm really glad Michelle got you one too, Lulu! Because it seems my saga with this one just never ends!

The tiara came in from NY, priced correctly, no problems. One down, yay!

Then, yesterday, the package from IL came in. MY DF opened it before I got home, and he warned me I was going to be really upset. And he was right.

The Cinderella bracelet was there. But instead of the Cinderella necklace, they had sent me the Belle bracelet. Not the cuff one, the pink rose one with the green beads on the sides. What's more, I don't know if that wasn't included in the sale, or if they screwed up, or what, but the charge for that bracelet was $65.63, which would only be %25 off, not %75 off. That's why the charge ended up being so much.

So I called the store. As you can guess, they are happy to take the Belle bracelet back, and even said they will pay for the cost to ship it back, but.... they don't have any more necklaces. Well, by this time I was really upset, I had started crying, because after all, I got the two other pieces. I had been prepared that if I hadn't gotten the set, I'd just get something else. But I thought I had it, and then someone screwed up. I was on the phone with Lois, at the IL store, who was the one who had originally put the set aside for me. She felt really bad, and said all she could think was that whoever grabbed the stuff to send it off to me grabbed the wrong thing, or that someone took the necklace anyway, even though it was set aside for me, and stuck another box there, because she had set them aside for me. She said she would write my name down, and if another one came in, if someone returned one, she would let me know, and sell it to me for the sale price.... but what are the chances, you know.

Well, I was sitting in front of my computer, trying to pull myself together enough to start calling the other outlet stores on the outside chance that one of them might have a necklace left, and that if I explained the story, that MAYBE they would give me the sale price or something... when my fiance walked in and told me he had already committed to purchase one on e=bay. At first I didn't even say thank you - I kept telling him he shouldn't have and it was too expensive, which it was. I mean, I love them, but I wouldn't have done them if I couldn't have gotten them so reasonably. But he really liked them for me, and he said I couldn't have the tiara and the bracelet without the necklace, and he couldn't stand seeing me sit there and call place after place and get more and more disappointed when they didn't have them.

I finally remembered to say thank you (and a few kisses and such were involved too.) :hug: :love:

Any wonder why I'm marrying him?

So, now I'm just dealing with the other bracelet. I've been trying to call the store back to find out what the price should be. If it was supposed to be %75, and they credit my card, I'm just going to keep it. At first I was going to give it to my niece for a bridesmaid present, but my sister and sister-in-law said they don't think she'd wear it. But either I'll keep it for myself at that price or... I got a call back from my sister, with a message not to send it back, so it sound like she may have something in mind for it. Besides, it really is too beautiful, and if it's $22 for a Swarovski, how can I send that back?

Just a few days earlier, I got my DF a Build-a-Bear in a Superman outfit with a sound box where I said that he was my Superman and I love him with all my heart. I got it for no particular reason, but now I guess I know why I got it..... :cloud9:

Has anyone else recieved their items yet? Mine haven't arrived and I'm getting anxious. I thought since they were shipped on Tuesday (according to the store) that they'd have arrived Friday or Saturday. I guess it depends on their shipping method, but I'm dying to see them and try them on!! :)

Mine should be coming today according to UPS tracking.

Mine were also shipped last Tuesday from the Texas store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter