christmas elves anyone?

the elves made me do it....

went to walgreens JUST for choc coins (want to swap them out for kate's real money.. er the elves do rather :) ) um yeah... 1 advent calendar, pre lit palm tree, rudolph light up thingie (not the inflatable the cuter one), some "coal" and a cranky elf later...

BUT the cranky elf is hysterical he has several phrases... "and a merry christmas to you too, we do all the work and the fat man gets all the credit, make your own toys, I quit, I need a raise and oh yeah, well I cancelled christmas this year" and he has a little strike sign... PERFECT for tonight when the list of demands gets left with a bag of "coal"...

Wait you didn't tell me about the pre-lit palm tree. I think I need one of those for DH.

BEST find EVER!!! omg! this is PERFECT! I LOVE IT!!! it's a videogram from santa, you fill in the info, add a pic of your child... it's AWESOME... and santa tells them to be nice to their mother! (since I put mother as my relationship)

http://portablenorthpole.tv/home

They did it! "Our stars and 607 "elves" set a new Guinness World Record™ for the most Santa elves gathered in one place." Too cute! I wish I could have beent here, but I loved Jenny's interview on GMA.

25DOC_elf_blog_15_0.blog.jpg

must get off the computer... walgreens just posted this on my facebook (yes I'm a fan) anyhow, it's a personalized plan for santa's visit to your house complete with photo and santa tracker map....

http://www.mdmgames.net/npnWalgreens/

BEST find EVER!!! omg! this is PERFECT! I LOVE IT!!! it's a videogram from santa, you fill in the info, add a pic of your child... it's AWESOME... and santa tells them to be nice to their mother! (since I put mother as my relationship)

http://portablenorthpole.tv/home

must get off the computer... walgreens just posted this on my facebook (yes I'm a fan) anyhow, it's a personalized plan for santa's visit to your house complete with photo and santa tracker map....

http://www.mdmgames.net/npnWalgreens/

Wow! Must put both of these on my list for tomorrow... I have to run errands but than I'm doing them right after lunch....

I need to find a binder for my Elfcapade stuff anyway.... (journally book). I need to be thinking year round for events/issues... etc...
Crap, need to run down and pull some wrapping paper out for tonight!

I'm new to this thread :) I have been posting our elfcapades on THIS http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2321254 thread tho :)

This is our third year with magic elves. The first year we had adopted an elf from an online website, I had a very hard time finding an elf tho, he just moved around the house each day. Last year I found a new elf and got a bit more creative, Skeeter caused a bit of mischief the month he spent with us. And this year the kids had adopted elves from a store and from a garage sale. They wrote letters to santa asking if he could train them to be magic elves and join skeeter this year. They are currently finishing up Santa's E.I.T. (Elves In Training) Program. they were suppose to graduate last week, but our printer went on the fritz so I can't print out any of the doccuments I've made up for it :(

Our elves are Skeeter Jingle Peppermints (His twin sister, Penelope Twinkle Peppermints lives with my neices and nephew) our new elves this year are Elvin Jingles and Miss Trixie :)

Our Elves arrived on Sunday November 29th, they set up and decorated the kids little trees in our living room :)

* They cuddled up in their sleigh and had answered a bunch of questions the kids had wrote to them

* 12/1 when the kids got home from school we opened our door to find them at the computer blaring Christmas music and typing up a message for the kids to watch Prep and Landing.

* That night Elvin found my DS7's lunch bag and used it for a sleeping bag because the one Mrs Claus had made him was too small, she forgot he was an oversized elf ;)

* 12/2 we had a light dusting of snow and the elves were excited to go play in it, they built the kids a snowman, but when they brought it inside it melted so they decided to build one out of cotton balls and roll it in their magic snow so the kids could keep it forever

* 12/3 The elves had discovered DS11's book of Pokemon cards, they were super excited about all of his "Christmas Cards" from his friends but thought the Pokemon needed some Merry Management because their cards didn't seem very holiday at all.

*12/4 The elves wrote a very long scavanger hunt/riddle for the kids to set out on the next morning, starting with a candy cane hunt at our community center, then to Lowes to build wooden gingerbread houses, then to Home Depot to build wagons and back home to build real gingerbread houses

* 12/5 They set up a candy cane race track in our living room and raced eachother in the wagons the kids had made at Home Depot the day before

* 12/6 They brought the kids a GIANT activity/coloring book, they colored a picture and told them to do the same to decorate the apartment

* 12/7 They got into the remaining candy canes from the candy cane hunt and ate almost all of them leaving the wrappers behind as evidence!

* 12/8 They brought the kids a new movie to enjoy on their snow day from school, Santa Buddies. They gathered up all the kids toy dogs to preview it with them, couldnt' find any popcorn so they enjoyed some candy bones they found in mom's closet while they watched the movie.

* 12/9 Last night our elves went on strike!

Tonight they will be bringing a bag of ingredients for holiday baking with my grandma this weekend :)

My Grandma doesn't have a big Christmas tree so I might use the awesome decorated ladder idea here!!

y'all will be happy to know that the elves here have worked out their differences with dd... and came last night. They must shop at walgreens....:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Kate woke up to cranky elf sitting on a light up rudolph and an advent calendar... she mentioned that it was "a little freaky" to wake up to a reindeer staring at her. :)

kateandrudolphdec112009fixed.jpg

I'm new to this thread :) I have been posting our elfcapades on THIS http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2321254 thread tho :)

My Grandma doesn't have a big Christmas tree so I might use the awesome decorated ladder idea here!!

wow your elves have been busy! :) had no idea that other thread existed til yesterday when I stumbled over it, haven't had a chance to read all of it, but I did bookmark it for this weekend's reading. :)

the ladder is AWESOME! :) I love mine. :) super easy, no mess and it's cute. (dd would soooo disagree but she now has my charlie brown tree and a light up rudolph so really....

anyhow, welcome to the thread. :)

I left the house for just a few minutes yesterday. And this is what I found in my Eldest's room.

100_4717.jpg

You can't see it in the photo, but there is a red covered tote that Sirius is standing on. Inside are a lot of Clones. The Separatists have taken hostages.
Gamma is leading the Republic. Don't know if you can see it the photo, but she has Captain Rex standing very close to her. I think Gamma has a crush.;)

This morning we woke up to this.
100_4718.jpg

I think Sirius is winning.
The boys are both wearing their new socks. They are Green Socks - "Black is the New Green" "Think Green" "Save Our Earth" and one with the recycle symbol. I get the red Christmas ones. :thumbsup2

My DD4 has been sick since Monday, she spends 2-4 hours every night having coughing spells, so mommy has NOT been getting much sleep or time for Elf fun, took her in yesterday and she has an eye infection, ear infection, and bronchitis... she was up until 12:30 this morning... The elves decided they didnt want to do anything and stayed on Strike LOL

14352_215858626788_694821788_4108279_2908384_n.jpg

Today we leave for our anual baking weekend at my Grams house.

Can't wait for the adventures they get into at her house :)

My DD4 has been sick since Monday, she spends 2-4 hours every night having coughing spells, so mommy has NOT been getting much sleep or time for Elf fun, took her in yesterday and she has an eye infection, ear infection, and bronchitis... she was up until 12:30 this morning... The elves decided they didnt want to do anything and stayed on Strike LOL

those strike signs are hysterical! hope your dd is feeling better!

I'm not sure what we are doing tonight... OH, it's new movie night.. I have big boxes of candy and since we have the day off we can watch a movie together tomorrow.. The Elves found "Four Christmases" and the kids have been talking about it.. the one with Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon..

I hope DD feels better soon!!! It's not fun when the kidlets are sick. Maybe the elves could bring her a coloring book and some tissues.

As for Gram's house. I think a flour snow angel would be perfect. (If Gram's doesn't mind the mess)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter