christmas elves anyone?

nicurn

<font color=red>"dark side" scrapper <br><font col
anyone doing the christmas elf thing this year? it's time to start figuring out what kind of trouble they are going to cause. :) at least this year I was smart and didn't pack them up with the rest of christmas... I know where they are, where their passports are and where their reindeer pals are. They usually pop in at halloween for a quick check up on dd and then "arrive" for their extended stay after thanksgiving...

This sounds cute but I have never heard of this before. Please explain more and in detail. Thanks!:hippie:

hmmm how to explain the christmas elf. in our house it's kind of like a christmas countdown. the elves show up dec 1st and each day until christmas morning. they bring little presents, cause all kinds of trouble and leave notes about what is going on in the house for santa so he has a better idea on the whole naughty/nice thing. :)

there is something called "elf on a shelf" which is an elf and a book kind of explaining this a bit more.

elves are not the easiest things to find so some people use stuffed animals instead.

here is the thread from last year on the disboards:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1651213

an awesome site for all things christmas including christmas elves is:

http://magicalholidayhome.com/forum/

Wow Maggie... you have me thinking...
I'll read those links later today..but I think my kids would enjoy this..the older ones could actually help me out if the need arises...

Of course I don't have an elf unpacked..but I'm sure I could find something...and if I find something new... than... the kids wouldn't think it was me!

rofl, the elves blogged here last night... :) of course, dd just rolled her eyes at me... later today I am going to have to take elf pictures to put on the blog. :goodvibes

omg ! Maggie, I only got thru page 1 of the thread you posted.. I MUST find me an elf! I love the TP idea and green pee! LOL My kids would love it...
I need to start planning.. I don't have much time.. biggest mission is finding an elf!

look at khols or tuesday morning or homegoods. Or if you have "cute" stores...I found some of mine in williamsburg for example. took some pictures today of the elves at "inner quest" (team building) so they were climbing over railings, going down zip lines.... Also a reindeer race or two... :)

here is this year's elf blog... it has pictures from yesterday's reindeer games and inner quest (elf team building exercises)... hopefully this year, "jingle and jangle" will be better at blogging...:lmao::lmao::lmao:

http://christmaselves.blogspot.com/

Is that my special elf, the over there with the purple leggings?
:rotfl2:
It has to be, it has my fashion sense.
:rotfl2:

I love the blog spot. :love:

Nope, the little boy I watch was being a pain in the well, you know! He was being a terror... not acting out, just "look at this", "look", "oooh, look".. So I told DH I was going out this weekend....

I need to start my list "activities"...
I've got one for sure... we don't keep the lid of the toliet seat up.. that's a big no-no.. so the lid will be up, green water and tp'd just in time for my kids to see it! LOL
Another day, will be the elf in my DD's vehicle as she will get her license on Dec. 1st... LOL

Nan, the store near me has elves (same place I got your ornament). I can get one for each of the kids (do you want 3, 5, or 7 for the 2 extra kidlets). I can possibly sneak away this morning or Monday.

Thanks for the reminder Maggie!!! I need to get passports and pics done. OY!!

One of my posts will be the mid night run to McDonalds, car crooked in the driveway with food wrappers everywhere. Big no no since mommy doesn't let the kidlets eat in the car.

it occurs to me that the elves are going to need beds or sleeping bags or something while they are "visiting". I thought about making them but then realised I have a ton of barbie furniture... so the elves are all set. :)

I have to get my act together...so much going on this week.. If I don't get organized, I'll never get this done!
I need to print out all the links that nicurn gave me so I can read while at events!

if anyone is still looking for elves, I just bought a super cute one over at home goods (not the kind of creepy analise ones) this one was 9.99 and was pushing a little cart with presents on it. you could easily separate the elf from the cart and he/she is bendable. :) also bought a moose... it was cute. :) and cheap. :)

also updated the elf blog with halloween pics that the goblins sent jangle and an update on swine flu. :) cause of COURSE the elves and santa have to get vaccinated... :)

Is it bad that I really want to do an elf for just me and the hubby? We have no kids, just the cats for now. Lol I'm really tempted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter