child question

mirmartinez

DIS Veteran
I was going to post my question on the general community board; however I believe the people on this board are less likely to judge.
I asked my family, they think it’s funny and to let it go. My DH is proud (idiot).
I was going to ask my son’s pediatrician, but I am hoping I am over thinking this,
Here it is the situation. I need advice if this should be handled or let it go.
My 5yr old DS, is severely speech delayed, however he has been real vocal about his fondness for clothed mammories.
A woman will walk by and my son will say “love her bubies”. It is constant.
He was clicking on the remote and stopped on women’s volleyball. I walk in and see the cat that ate the mouse grin on his face.
I asked him about it and he just once more declares his love. I told him it was not appropriate, he stopped for a little bit. I keep reminding him, but he continues to do it.
I have no clue what started it, however, I would like for it to stop. School is starting and I am afraid he will complement his teachers (both woman). Should I prepare them for the possibility?
It would not be so bad, if he was not so gung ho.
Any advice.

Wow! I don't have boys...so I'm not sure if I can give you the best advise...but here goes....

1. Perhaps not making it such a "big deal" will help. If he see's a big reaction out of you...then he'll keep doing it for sure!

2. Maybe you could redirect his attention (wouldn't work for the older males :rotfl: j/k). So perhaps when he say's "love her bubies", you say something like "look she has brown hair", or "she has blond hair". Perhaps after a few re-directs he will focus on that attribute. :laughing:

I'm sorry, I'm not making light of the issue...but hopefully this will be the worse of your worries in his young life! :thumbsup2 If we didn't laugh as moms every once in a while...our kids would drive us crazy!

Thats a stripclub DJ PRODIGY!!!! I'll train him!!! Get him a cigar and a beer...he'll be fine!!!!

Oh Rog, you're so helpful! I do agree with Sonya. At this point, it may be all about the reaction. He probably heard a man he looks up to say it, so he copied and now he gets a lot of attention for it. I would warn the teachers about it though.

Only my second post, so hope this posts correctly.

My daughter also had a speech delay and I had a similar problem with her when she was younger. She would take something that she was comfortable saying and repeat it - even when it wasn't appropriate or when it had nothing to do with the situation. Like Sonya said, he is probably trying to get attention and he may not be completely confident in his speech. So he falls back on the familiar line that always gets attention - and sometimes a laugh. I'm sure his teacher will have heard much worse. In my daughter's Kindergarten, one teacher asked the class what rhymed with duck - - -

Thats a stripclub DJ PRODIGY!!!! I'll train him!!! Get him a cigar and a beer...he'll be fine!!!!

First, he needs to finish kindergarden.

Thanks all,
I will try redirecting his attention and prepare his teachers for his new found love. I will stop trying to reason with him ( That was a silly thing to do from the getgo)
Hopefully, this will be a quick phase.
Yesterday at older DH's baseball, he could not keep his eyes off the lady next to us. He look at her smiling. I nudged him, and he looked at me and said "what" and turned his gaze back to her shirt.

My main fear was he would get in trouble for it, I adore him and my heart would just break if he was scolded for it by some random woman.

He's fine. No different than any other male out there. They start early.

My son repeats everything you don't want him to and constantly. The more you don't want him to, the more he will repeat it and the louder too. Go with Sonya on this one. BTW- My son is 4 and a half.

Ask Ami, Rog, Steve, Donnie, Pete, Chris....they are all witnesses....it is the heathen stage

Just a few questions about your son...

Does he walk on his toes a lot?

Seek touch a lot (long hugs, walk around you in circles), or just the opposite, a touch me not?

Have an aversion to specific textures (fleece, etc), heat, loud sounds?

"Stim" : flap his hands, jump stiff legged, make odd noises, grimace, rock back and forth (any or all)

When he does speak does he use BIG words that he shouldn't know the meaning of at his age/like from commercials verbatim?

What you are describing (I may be WAY off!) sounds like an obsession which could possibly be linked to several conditions. I have a son with Asperger's syndrome, so I would be the LAST person to judge anyone!:flower3:

Not to make light of the situation but being the typical male I just have to place a little humor in here. And knowing me I would probably give it try.

Take him to Hooters so he can get it out of his system.:scared1: :scared1:
They have great Beer and Wings.:rolleyes1

I honestly cant imagine a woman NOT being flattered by a five year old thinking her rack rocks!! I mean...thats just cute, aint it? man, I wish I had a son!! My grandson better elbow me when he sees a hot babe jiggling by!!

My son repeats everything you don't want him to and constantly. The more you don't want him to, the more he will repeat it and the louder too. Go with Sonya on this one. BTW- My son is 4 and a half

Girl, I understand! With my girls the "tough" stage was from 18 months to around 3 years old. I don't know if its different between boys and girls or just kid to kid...but each of mine were so difficult during this stage of development! Head strong, very independent, cant reason with them etc etc. :scared: Then around 3 years old something clicked in their brain and they understand their is a consequence for their actions. :upsidedow My middle child was the most difficult, but man she has really turned into a great little kid....(of course none of this applies if they are up past their normal bedtime, :laughing: )

Frankly if I was exposed constantly I would be a drooling, giggling,....kind of like a 3 month old at feeding time...

hehehehehehehehee...okay okay, stop now.

Do you go to Hooters to get it out of your system?

I generally get take out (wings, not the Hooters). It is not necessary anyway...I have managed to grow my own man ****s!:scared1:

Since I didn't post earlier I'll pipe in now:

Well, maybe not. :lmao:

The kid's a prodigy!

When my friend's son was in Kindergarten, the kids were given copies of magazines and catalogues to cut out and make a collage of "their favourite things." Her son cut out all the bra ads and made a lovely collage of them. The teacher called her in for a meeting and I can't tell you how embarrassed she was. (Her husband, meanwhile, nearly wet his pants laughing when the teacher showed them the collage.) Anyway, he's just fine now (he's 29). We think he must have been weaned too early.

Teresa

I generally get take out (wings, not the Hooters). It is not necessary anyway...I have managed to grow my own man ****s!:scared1:

Hey Steve, I know where you're coming from. The other day I took my wife to a bra store and the saleslady wasn't sure which of us was there for a fitting! :rotfl2: And no, I wasn't the last bit insecure sitting in the little lacy chair, surrounded by lacy underwear holding my wife's purse... that's just the way I roll! :cool1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by big kahuna1
I generally get take out (wings, not the Hooters). It is not necessary anyway...I have managed to grow my own man ****s!

Hey Steve, I know where you're coming from. The other day I took my wife to a bra store and the saleslady wasn't sure which of us was there for a fitting! And no, I wasn't the last bit insecure sitting in the little lacy chair, surrounded by lacy underwear holding my wife's purse... that's just the way I roll!

:lmao: :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter