child question

I have to agree that this is a pretty typical thing at this age. Yesterday I bought myself a couple of new bras - one black and one beige. When I got home from the store my 4.5 year old DS was digging aroung the bags to see what I had bought - "oh, bubies" is what he said as he pulled them out, then nothing much more since there wasn't a sword, blaster, light saber, whip, or anything else of interest to him in the bag.

But fast forward to this morning when I'm dressed for work:
"mommy, what are you wearing for bubies?"
"what???"
"that thing you wear to cover your bubies, I want to see, what color is it?"
"beige, now get yourself dressed..."
"tomorrow I want you to wear the black one"

Nice.

My method of dealing with it is just answering matter of factly when there are questions, then downplaying or distracting if he keeps at it.

I have to agree that this is a pretty typical thing at this age. Yesterday I bought myself a couple of new bras - one black and one beige. When I got home from the store my 4.5 year old DS was digging aroung the bags to see what I had bought - "oh, bubies" is what he said as he pulled them out, then nothing much more since there wasn't a sword, blaster, light saber, whip, or anything else of interest to him in the bag.

But fast forward to this morning when I'm dressed for work:
"mommy, what are you wearing for bubies?"
"what???"
"that thing you wear to cover your bubies, I want to see, what color is it?"
"beige, now get yourself dressed..."
"tomorrow I want you to wear the black one"

Nice.

My method of dealing with it is just answering matter of factly when there are questions, then downplaying or distracting if he keeps at it.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

we were walking to our van and I was stung by a bee.
I let out a little yelp, my son inquired as to why, and I told him I got stung in my arm.
He gives my a knowing head shake and responds
"bees loves bubies too!!!"

I just redirected him as suggested.

I love that word -------

BUBIES

If I put my two favorite words together that would be

BADONKADONK BUBIES!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter