Chicago area Diser's - check in here Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
i always say, live life to the fullest.
eat dessert first and you'll smile all day long.

i'm still trying to decide which way to book my trip to the motherland and the darkside for the long one i have planned.

now i am leaning towards the AAA package.
has anyone gone that route before?

i booked with them first last year then cancelled it and did it all myself.
90% of the trip is the planning for me.

but, someone told me they got a discount on the same myw package i booked myself when they turned it over to AAA

who knows if AAA is the BEST way to go for the discounts??

macraven I don't know about AAA. I have my trip with dreams unlimited this time. So far I have it booked w/AAA discount. I think I'm going to buy a Annual pass so we can go back next spring with the same ticket. I'm still deciding though.

Fyi I've heard mixed things about booking directly through AAA, though I booked my flight last year through them.

Happy Sunday, all..:wave2:

Congrats on the Pinewood win Matthew and Rose.. :car: that is awesome.. in all of the years we did PD, we never won anything but that is okay.. and over..

MAC I agree with you.. life is too short eat dessert first.

We went to dinner last night with high school friends of mine and their spouses. DH went with :love: that is the first time he ahs gone with me in years.. it was nice for him to join us. We went to a place in Glenview called the Captains Quarters.. the food with okay but they allowed smoking in the restuarant YUCK!!!!! Ii'll never go back there again:sad2:

Jedi what is Toby doing in Brazil? How was your library party?

Debbie - How was your candlelight bowl last night?

Have you ever had cabinets refaced? It is less expensvie that redoing the kitchen so i am thinking about it.."cause the kitchen is past its prime and it didn't age well..

Well be back soon..

Hugs and PD to the sickies..

Have you ever had cabinets refaced? It is less expensvie that redoing the kitchen so i am thinking about it.."cause the kitchen is past its prime and it didn't age well..

We did, a while back. They look really nice. ::yes:: I don't know anything about it, since it was my parents, but if you can any questions I can ask and see if they remember.

Hi! Okay, so we had a change in plans. I am the *queen* of procrastination, and decided this morning that I really, really did want to see the Disney on Ice show, so I booked online & we went this afternoon! It was really cool, especially the music and the grand finale! If anyone is unsure/can't decide, I would say it's definately worth it!!! (Of course, we were in the highest level, back row balcony seats! Now for Stars on Ice, we got tickets as a thank-you gift from my brother & his girlfriend, and we've got on-ice seats!!!)

Becky - Even though your boys didn't place, they are still winners!! Good job to them too!!! :cheer2:
**How's your DD doing with her back brace?

She is doing OK. Of course, she whines about it but I probably would too. In the big picture, she is pretty good about wearing it.

Hi! Okay, so we had a change in plans. I am the *queen* of procrastination, and decided this morning that I really, really did want to see the Disney on Ice show, so I booked online & we went this afternoon! It was really cool, especially the music and the grand finale!

Sounds like a great time! That just reminded me my best friend was there this afternoon too. I haven't heard how she likes it but we tend to call each other every couple weeks to try & catch up. It's always hard for us to get a hold of each other so will tend to do phone tag. :rotfl2:

We did, a while back. They look really nice. ::yes:: I don't know anything about it, since it was my parents, but if you can any questions I can ask and see if they remember.

I am just worried that the contact paper of whatever they put on the existing cabins will peel. I understand that we get new cabinets doors and drawer fronts. I like my kitchen and really wouldn't make changes, so I thought the reface might be the way to go plus i can't afford a new kitchen, we have been getting quote of $27 -$30 K.:scared1: . i just don't make that much.. nor can I afford it..

Thanks

Hi everyone...
I'm tired today. Wow! If I stay out past my bedtime I feel lousy!
Candlelite bowl WAS fun though.

Donna...glad you enjoyed Disney On Ice. They NEVER disappoint me!

I'm not sure when but when I decide to bring my computer in to have the sound fixed I will be out the computer for a few days!:scared1: I don't know if I can make it! I'll keep you guys posted.

Goodnight.
Debbie

macraven said:
i always say, live life to the fullest.
eat dessert first and you'll smile all day long.
Sounds like great words of wisdom!! :thumbsup2

geffric - I"m glad you and your DH had fun with your friends :goodvibes

Donna - I"m glad you liked the ice show. I can hardly wait!!!! :banana:

Becky - I'm glad your DD is doing well with her brace :) . How long does she have to wear it? I can't remember.

Debbie - I'm glad your bowling was fun!!:cool1:

To everyone else - :wave2:

Well, I gotta run and get ready for work
Have a good day today everyone!! :wave:

good morning and happy Monday. Yes it is that time again :sad2: I managed to wrench my upper back/neck Saturday and it has been painfully clenched since. I have a little more movement this morning but not as much as I had hoped. Pile on the stress of the coming week and I'm going to be in good shape :thumbsup2

Leigh I'm glad your guy won! Kudos to him!

Jedi-what's going on in Brazil? What did you mean place down the street? I'm confused..

Glad all the racing and bowling folks had a good time!

Mac I love the way you think! Life is too short! When are you planning on going back to the motherland? I'm not going to make it back until next February most like :sad1:

Donna sounds like the ice show was kewl!

geffric :scared1: :scared1: thats a lot of money!

Slo hope you had a good day at work!

well I'd better get ready to start that happy day. Boy it looks cold out there.

have a good Monday Chicago!

Becky - I'm glad your DD is doing well with her brace :) . How long does she have to wear it? I can't remember.

We don't know for sure. Usually it's until they stop growing, unless her curve takes a dramatic turn for the worse & surgery is required. Right now she is a Risser 0 which means she still has tons of growth to do. Risser 5 = done growing. So, quite possibly she could be wearing it until she's 16, 17, 18 years old.

By the way...who ordered this cold weather? :cold: I know it's been a mild winter but I was rather enjoying that fact! Oh well...I know if I wait a bit the weather will change again. ;) I just wish I could hibernate during it but nooo...they expect me to get the kids to school & Luke (DS-3) has speech today so I have to go take him there too.

Off to get stuff ready to take the bank while Luke is at speech (at least I can get some errands done while he's there! :thumbsup2 ).

Hi all-
Thank you all for the good wishes and congrats for Matthew- the Pinewood Derby :goodvibes.
Yest. I got kicked off hte computer twice by my kids,so I couldn't post.
Went to visit my grandma at the nursing home yest.

Becky- glad your ds' had fun at PD and yes, they are winners, too! :)

Donna- glad you had a good time at the Disney on Ice show!

Mac- glad you had fun at Culvers and ate your dessert first!

Debbie- hope all goes well with getting your computer fixed. Maybe you just need new speakers- if you have the plug-in speakers like I do. Then you don't have to get the computer fixed.

geffric- I don't know anything about refacing kitchen cabinets. Someone told me to use this liquid furniture cleaner stuff on hte cabinets.I just tried to look for the liquid cleaner stuff in my linen closet, but couldn't find it. So I can't remember the name of the it. I never did put that stuff on my cabinets yet, as I need to go thru piles of papers first in my dining room.
I did have a friend volunteer to paint my bathroom vanity cabinet last yr, which came out really well.:thumbsup2
Hope all goes well with your cabinets.

Hi to all :wave2:

Last night I watched that Grease show and The Apprentice. I really enjoy that Grease show! :thumbsup2 Tonight is 24 night! :thumbsup2
Dh and I also watch American Idol when we can(when the kids are not monopolizing the TV).

Gotta run some arrands today.
Have a good day!

Good morning Chicago Peeps!!! :wave2:

Lauren and I had fun at our Girl Scout campout! Even with all the severe cold temps!! ;)
We left eary though, we had gotten almost no sleep on Sat night and I had a whopper sinus headache. We stopped for gas which I paid $1.96!!!!! :eek: :cool1: And then stopped for breakfast.

I was back home about the time everyone else at camp would have just been leaving to go home.
I unpacked and after that all I wanted to do was take a long, hot shower!! :)
As both Lauren and I were chilled to the bone!!!!!

Then yesterday for a late lunch we went to Texas Roadhouse!! STEAK YUMMY!!!! :goodvibes I had received a gift card from there for Christmas that also included 2 free kid meals!!! :yay:
Needless to say we ate so much there that neither Tony nor I had anything else to eat yesterday!! :) We were so stuffed!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!! ::yes::

I'm off in a bit to run some errands with Hunter.

Good Monday Morning All: I am determined that this will be a far far better week than last week. This morning, I stopped to get free coffee at McDonalds (hey it's free) and then got into my office in a major office building in the City of Chicago and blammo, no heat! Well, it's supposed to be on before 10:00 a.m., so hopefully... keep your fingers crossed. It's 63 degrees in here right now! I guess it's par for the course on such a cold day!

I dressed really warm today, and honestly, I did okay walking to work. I was listening to my iPod and just chugging along. I wasn't too horribly cold at all!

So, let's see if I can actually put in a full week's worth of work today.

Megan is feeling better and started her new routine with Bunchkin today. Her sinus infection is better, but she's having a hard time with the antibiotics! They put her on Augmentin this time and it doesn't taste as good as Amoxicillin. So, it's a bit of a struggle to get her to take it. She almost chucked it the first time she took it :confused3 I tasted it and it wasn't that horribly awful. Fruity with a side note of bitter! Ha ha haha! :rotfl:

So, I hope everyone has a good week. Take care and stay warm!

I gotta go back and read and catch up with everyone! See y'all later!!

Good Morning Everyone...
WOW...we all slept late this AM. Who wants to get up when it's this cold!
Well, I hope you guys all have a great day! I have to take DS for shots so I will not be having a good time. I get really sad when we go. I feel so bad for him. He's at 15 months so he is still not done:sad1:.

Slo...Glad Katie is better and now hopefully no one else will get it!

Rosemarie ....I think I did check the speakers but wouldn't that be embarassing if after I bring it in that is all that was wrong! I better double check!

SamIAm...Stay warm!! Hope you have a better week!

Bunchkin..You're a good Mom going on that trip! I might have backed out when I saw the falling temps!

Hi to everyone else too! Have a wonderful day.:thumbsup2

Becky..
What did DD ever say about the HSM decorations and stuff? I forgot to ask.
Debbie

Hey, everyone!

Toby comes back tomorrow from Brazil. He should actually be leaving there in a few short hours, but he actually comes in to Chicago at 9:30 am tomorrow. That's now long the flight is! :scared1: Some of you asked - he's out there on vacation. One of the places he's always wanted to go :rolleyes: (don't ask - long story).

The work party was actually kinda fun! Here's a pic I took. You can sorta see my pigtails:
carmen.jpg

mac - I've never booked with AAA, but you can also call Disney directly and ask for the AAA discount. When I went last year, I booked though American Airlines as a package. The only downside is if a sale comes up, you have to cancel and re-book under the new sale. So I won't do that again. :sad2:

geffric - I've never heard of Captain's Quarters, and I work in Glenview. But then again, there's lot of places here I haven't gone through, so.. But I'll keep that in mind if anyone suggests to go there :rotfl:

SamIAm - I dunno how you can be at work with no heat. I would have gone home (Mostly using it as an excuse to go home :rolleyes1) Lately I'm so intolerant to the cold that I actually complained to my landlord, which I've never done in the years I've lived at my apartment. It was just so cold! :cold: I even brought out my electric blanket the other night and put extra blankets on my birdees' cages. Hope it warms up soon!

bunchkin - speaking of cold, I don't know how you put up with it either!! Just hearing you talk about it makes me chilly :scared:

princess mindy - dh and I are separated and he lives down the street from me now temporarily :rolleyes:

Well, I guess I should try to do some work. I only had 5 hours of sleep and I considered calling in sick until I realized this morning that I had to be at work earlier to receive the sick calls! :scared1: So scratch that idea! :rotfl2: Maybe I can "get" sick thoughout the day :sick:
:rolleyes1
:dance3:

jedi Cute picture!!! You're a Hee Haw Honey!!! :lmao: Don't even tell me you're not old enough to remember that show!!! :rotfl:

Sam Anything Free and tasty in my book is: :thumbsup2 !!!
Hope the heat's back on!!
13.gif

I had to go this morning to get one of my tires looked at. Tony noticed it was flat after we came home from lunch yesterday.
Well, they checked it out and found nothing wrong with it. :confused3
So who knows what happened to it? At least it's fine now.

Gotta run and pick up Hunter from preschool soon!!
Then the little women (Lauren & Megan) will be coming off the bus shortly after that!! :cutie: :cutie:

Have a good afternoon everyone!!

Be happy!!
14.gif

Good afternoon all. Taking a toy sort break. Catching up on the news. :surfweb: Freezing here!!! The cheepskate billpayer keeps the heat set low to save $$$ for Disney. (That would be me.:rotfl2: ) Guess time out for reading doesn't keep me as warm as toy sorting.
OK well, caught up.
Bunchkin, glad to hear you had a good time with the troop. Hope you have warmed up.
SamIAm hope you've got some heat.
Jedi, enjoy your workday. Save that ill time for more important things-like Disney anything!!! Hope you get to see your DH tomorrow and that things go well.
Becky, glad your DD is adjusting. That has to be hard for her.
Hi to Rosemarie, Sandy, Debbie, Mac, and everyone else.
Break's over. Back to work. Only an hour left before my alone sorting (ie...pitching without whining) is over.:rolleyes1

The heat went on about 10:00 a.m. or maybe a little after! So, all is well! It really never got below like 63 degrees in here. It wasn't so bad. A little polar fleece jacket and I'm set!

I posted on the CB about this, but has anyone else seen some of the Annie Leibovitz photos featuring "celebrities" as Disney characters. Well, I have to say that I find the Cinderella photo just breathtaking. I like David Beckham's too, but something about Scarlett Johannsen as Cinderella just "fits" in my mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter