Chicago area Diser's - check in here Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Princess Mindy - from what it sounds like, it's gonna get worse, cold wise :rolleyes:

slo - sorry the party didn't have a good turn out! Our "holiday" party for the library is tonight and a lot of us weren't going, but our friend is on the organizing committee and we just couldn't let her down! On the deadline of signups, she went from having 50 signups to 90!! So now I'm stuck going alone, but all of the gals decided to leave their husbands at home, so I won't be the only one :goodvibes It'll be a gals night out. The theme - a Hoedown :scared1: Should be interesting!

I shouldn't be DIS-ing, I should be getting ready for my volunteer orientation at the local no-kill shelter! Something I've always wanted to do. I even took my Zyrtec this morning (I'm allergic to kitties).

DH emailed me his daily email today. He's in Brazil and I made him promise he would email me everyday so I know he's safe :rolleyes: He comes back Tuesday. I can't wait until he's safe and back at his place down the street again...:rotfl: (hey, you have to have a sense of humor about these things sometimes :rolleyes: )

jedi Sometimes a sense of humor is the only thing worth while. :thumbsup2 My ex might be buying a house about a block away from us. That might be strange. Still not sure what I think.

Happy Weekend Everyone,
Like all of you I am getting a little tired of winter! I need winter for Christmas and some sledding and then I’m about done with it!

Good luck Rosemarie & Becky with the races!
Slo & SamIAm..I hope the girls feel better...
PrincessMindy...your choir event sounds lovely & exciting. Have fun!
Jedi...hang in there and have fun at your party!
Hi Hersey...NO I am not making ANY progress with my clutter!

I'm stuck Candlite bowling tonight! I feel bad for my DH because I would much rather stay in then go out. He likes going out. I have to throw him a bone every once and awhile so bowling tonight it is. Yippee! He kids me that the last moviepopcorn:: we saw at the theatre was THE SIXTH SENSE:scared1: (he might be right).

Ok I'm still waiting for satellite guy. Have I told you all I don't like waiting.
I want to go out in the sun shine> :cool1:.

hersey - the sun's going away by me :sad2:

I went to the shelter and when they took me into the cat rooms, I thought my chest was gonna explode! My lungs felt really tight. Even after taking a Zytrec. But there's plenty of stuff for me to do there that doesn't require being around the kitties. :goodvibes

jedi Don't take chances with your allergy. Do something away from those kitties as cute as they are stay away.

I was stood up by mr satellite. So not happy.:furious:

BRRRR it's cold out there. I had to go run to the bank and then to subway for sandwiches. I paid bills while I waited for mr noshow. I think the paying of the bills made me in a bad mood more.

I am using this computer to procrastinate WAY TOO much! It's just too easy!
Hersey...you reminded me I had to call the Maytag guy. Thanks! Hopefully he doesn't stand me up.
I am avoiding looking at my bills since they still seem painful!:scared1:

Hi all-
We just finished with Pinewood Derby and Matthew placed in 3rd for speed in Webelos I!! We finally did the car right this time, that it moves quickly!! :cool1:
:car: Matthew was very happy,so was Don too!! Matthew's speed time was head to head with our Den leader's son. Den leader's son just barely made second place. A boy that just started scouts this year in our Webelos den came in 1st place. So I am very proud of Matthew! :yay: We are really thinking of going to Districts this yr, which is sometime in April. He will race again in Districts. Matthew gets his official PD speed trophy at our Blue and Gold banquet.

Becky- how did your boys do in Pinewood Derby? Did they have a good time?
We have hot dogs, chips and pop at our Pinewood Derby that is free to all the families. The money we raise from the fundraisers goes to the food at PD and the trophies.

Hersey- hope your satelite dude shows up. I also hate when repairmen show up real late or not at all :sad2:

Jedi- please be careful with your allergies. Just want to keep you well :)

Debbie- have fun with candlelight bowling tonite.

Princess Mindy- your choir thing sounds like fun.

Slo- hope Katie is doing better :wizard: Sorry to hear the belated Christmas party didin't go too well.

Hi to Leigh, Joe Epcot Rocks and everyone else :wave2:

Have a good evening!

Happy Saturday evening, everyone!

KIM...I am so sorry to hear about your brother & nephew's accident. Is everyone healing okay? Things like that can be so very, very scary, they happen so fast!

BUNCHKIN...We have actually driven out west before, when the boys were younger and my mom lived in Las Vegas. I'm glad we did it once, but I really don't think I would want to do it again. It's a very looooonnnggg drive. We also took the train once to Texas (possible job transfer) because I didn't want to fly (Brian was like 6 months old, so this was ages and ages ago!). We ended up turning in our train ticket and flying home, even though I was absolutely terrified. I think traveling with a small baby on a train isn't exactly the best idea! I have considered a train to California, but Mark kind of remembers the Texas trip...and not too fondly!

LEIGH...Thanks for the heads-up on the ice skating. We are recording the ladies finale this afternoon & the men's later on tonight. We *are* going to Stars on Ice!!! I can't wait!!! :)

DEBBIE...Did you go to Disney on Ice? I think we are going to take a pass on it this time, just wondered how it was??

HERSEY...I really, really feel for you. I know how annoying it is to wait for those repair people to come by, and then for them to not even show up...grrrrr!!!

ROSE...Congratulations to your son! Good job!

JEDI...Enjoy your party tonight!

SANDY & SAM...I hope your kids get to feeling better soon...

We went to see "Charlotte's Web" today...our movie theater was showing it at 10 AM for $2.50, including popcorn! Who would have thought a movie about a pig and a spider would make me cry???!!! And, I have to take a pass on being in the Chicago band...my son who is the music director at the high school got all the musical talent in *this* family!!!!

Hi to everyone else, and I hope you all have a great evening and rest of the weekend!!!!:)

i'm going to the "blue" resturant tonight for dinner.

yea, that's culvers. that's what we call it.

congrats to matthew on winning 3rd place. that is great.

sorry for all the sickies.
and kitty allergies.

gotta run.
will be back later.

i'm starting with dessert tonight......:rolleyes1

Becky- how did your boys do in Pinewood Derby? Did they have a good time?
We have hot dogs, chips and pop at our Pinewood Derby that is free to all the families. The money we raise from the fundraisers goes to the food at PD and the trophies.

Congratulations to Matthew!!! That's great. Neither of my boys placed but we didn't really expect them too. Maybe next year we will finally know what we are doing. :lmao: They BOTH came in 9th place in their divisions (Tiger & Webelos I). Overall, DS10 - came in 42 and DS6 came in 45th.

We always have where you can order a pizza for $10. The pizza was awful though. ICK! Not good advertising for them as I had never had their pizza before and don't plan on having it again. At least it got the boys to hush up about being hungry from the minute we arrived until the pizza got there. You would have thought I starved them to death before going. Never mind the fact that they both ate breakfast not even a full hour before going.

We went to see "Charlotte's Web" today...our movie theater was showing it at 10 AM for $2.50, including popcorn! Who would have thought a movie about a pig and a spider would make me cry???!!! And, I have to take a pass on being in the Chicago band...my son who is the music director at the high school got all the musical talent in *this* family!!!!

Hi to everyone else, and I hope you all have a great evening and rest of the weekend!!!!:)

I can't go see Charlotte's Web because I *know* I'll cry. I cry every single time I read the book, I cry every single time the cartoon version is on the screen & so I know I would be crying with the new one. My mom always thought it was hilarious because I absolutely *hate* spiders, yet here I am crying for Charlotte (and to think if she showed up in my house I would squash her with no sympathy!).

You can join me in the merchandising booth of the band! No musical talent needed for that. :)

Fly by..
Congrat on the Derbies...
LOVED:love: Disney On Ice (always do)! It was very fun!

Read and caught up with all the posts, but too many to reply. So....
Congrats to Matthew (Rosemarie) :cheer2:
:grouphug: pixiedust: to all those sick folks out there. Hope you are all feeling better soon.
:hug: to everyone who needs one.
:rockband: Cheers to all our band members.
Worked today and tomorrow. Then I hope to start sorting and organizing next week. We got our bookshelves and toy storage shelves from IKEA and I bought bins at WalMart tonight, so I am ready!!!!!!!
Looking for a very large trash bin for the purge.:lmao:
Have a great weekend everyone. Gotta get the kiddies ready for bed!!!

hey, this is great.

as elwood would say, "we're getting the band back together"

had the turtle sundae made with chocolate custard to start dinner with.

i just ignored mr mac's comments when i did that.......

he is so old school.
eat the main food first and if you finish, then order dessert........

going to church tomorrow morning, have your back for another week:rolleyes1

OMG, I hate this. It's the final flight for the Men's Free Skate at Nationals. Evan skates 4th. I so hate this, the waiting. And then I want to fast forward to the end so I don't have to watch it! It's nice not being there, though, much more relaxing.

I hope he does well. :cheer2:

:scared:

Yay! Evan was great! A quad and 8 triples! And then Johnny Weir was pretty bad, so Evan won! It's his first title. :teeth: The last guy is skating now, Ryan Bradley. Let's see if he can stay in 3rd place. He's a bit of a goof. He did pretty well. Hey, he got 2nd place, and Johnny is in 3rd! (I'm not really a Johnny fan. :rolleyes1 ) This was a great night!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Mac Is it more fun to live life doing the unexpected sometimes. That turtle sundae sounds right up my alley. :thumbsup2

Yeh! Who ok'd the snow!:eek: I know I didn't.

Slo Did you get any snow?

I was watching Emerl last night he had the winners of his contest on with their recipes WOW did they sound YUMMY. Might have to make some of them. Today I finally get my tires done. I'll try and get there early so I can be first.pirate:

Next saturday I try again with mr satellite again. If I'm stood up again I might be on the news.:rolleyes1

Thanks for all your continued well wishes for Katie - they worked!!!! :goodvibes She went through the whole day yesterday without a fever!!! :banana: I am hoping it continues again today (fingers crossed)

Mindy - That's awesome about your choir!!! :) That will be very memorable for you!!

Jedi - How was your holiday party?
**I'm so glad that you and Toby are keeping in contact with each other. What is he doing in Brazil? Is he on vacation, or visiting friends or family?

HERSEY - I can't believe the service person stood you up:mad: That would make me pretty po'd too!!!
**No, I didn't get any snow :sad2: Which is fine, because I've come to the conclusion that I hate winter so much, that if someone told me that we would never have it again, I would throw a huge party:dance3:

Crissup - :wave2:

Debbie - How was your candlelight bowl last night? I really enjoy bowling - it's a lot of fun!! :)
**I'm so glad you liked Disney on Ice - I can hardly wait until we go. The girls don't know about it (they never do until we are on the road, that way if someone is sick, and we can't go, there's no disappointment. We've had so many plans destroyed due to sickness throughout the years). They want to go so bad, and I keep telling them the tickets are to expensive, so when they find out, they'll be so excited!!!!:woohoo: :yay:

Rosemarie - Congrats to Matthew for placing 3rd place - that's awesome!!:cheer2:

Donna - We haven't seen Charlotte's Web yet, but I really want too ::yes:: I really enjoyed the book when I was a kid, and I'm actually thinking about reading it again w/ Stephanie.

macraven - That turtle sundae sounds soooo.........good!!!!!:goodvibes

Becky - Even though your boys didn't place, they are still winners!! Good job to them too!!! :cheer2:
**How's your DD doing with her back brace?

Tiggerrnn - Your welcome for the strike!! :goodvibes

Leigh - I'm glad you enjoyed your skating last night :)

Well, I gotta run and start thinking about breakfast.
I'm not working out today, because a staple was sticking out of the foot rest of my recliners and cut my foot open last night:eek: Now me foot hurts:guilty:

Have a good day today everyone!!! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter