Character Meals and Lots of Pirates: Finished except for Photos

Now that I've realized how early I'm going to have to pack for this trip I only have a couple days left to get laundry done and figure out what I'm bringing with me... :laundy:

I ALWAYS over-pack for EVERYTHING! I start out with a plan then I just keep adding things to my suitcase :confused3 I think it's a disease!

I'm only there for three and a half days so I was planing on bringing 3 pairs of shorts (already too many) and 5-6 tops so that I didn't have to make my mind up in advance. 1 pretty dress and a pair of platform espadrilles for my Napa Rose Chef's Counter and a pair of flip flops for the room (and my PJs of course) and I'm done... or so I thought.

I bought these super cute shorts that I love but they are a) Super short and b) tend to ride up and squeeze my thighs when I sit... I have two pairs that are different colours. Then I have another pair of shortie shorts that I wore all the time in WDW last summer that will be fine. My dilemma now is do I just go with those or do I bring a looser longer pair? I stole a pair back from my sister but I bought them three years ago and they are really big on me now and I think they look sloppy (my sister thought they were fine but I'm not sure) The other option is to go try and buy another pair but I seem to be between sizes 10s are big but the 8s (like my two new pairs) can get tight around my thighs (but fit great in the waist). I do have another pair that are longer that fit well but I find the length awkward on me (again my sister likes them but I'm not sure) I may hit up a couple stores on my next days off to see if I can find something in a happy medium but then I'm spending money before my trip and I promised myself I wouldn't do that. :confused: Clearly I just need to make a decision but I suck so I can't.

I have the tops mostly figured out so at least that decision is made. I want to take my medium suitcase down half empty to leave room for "souven-ears" but if I can't make up my mind I'll end up being too full on the way down - and WestJet has just switched to only one free bag so I definitely don't want to bring a second bag home with me...

Reading this back I realize that for once in my life I sound like a total girl but for some reason I absolutely cannot make up my mind on this. Just needed to get it off my chest.

So... of more interest to probably everyone including me I am debating if I have time to do the "A Walk in Walt's Footsteps" tour... I would like to do it at 2pm or 2:30 - whichever is the actual time - (only because I don't want to take the time in the mornings away from my Touring Plans from the UG)

Who has done the tour and what are your thoughts on it? Should I book the tour even though I'm only there for 3 1/2 days? :confused:

All thoughts and tips are much appreciated TIA!!!!

Yes you do.

And even more so now. ;)

Give me a break everyone in my family is a Gemini. I'm just not wired to make decisions... Also it was just my dad and us three girls (mom sister - TinkLoverSam - and me) I've never been able to make decisions easily - I can't even shop without supervision and another opinion.

I've never done any tours. :eek: But I hear that they are a good experience :)

Thanks Paula. I think I may call this afternoon when I wake up and if there is still availability for the date and time I want and if there is I'll book it if there isn't... Oh well next time.

Give me a break everyone in my family is a Gemini. I'm just not wired to make decisions... Also it was just my dad and us three girls (mom sister - TinkLoverSam - and me) I've never been able to make decisions easily - I can't even shop without supervision and another opinion.

Yes we ARE geminis aren't we right to the core. I used to be undecided but now I'm not so sure. (or I used to be schizophrenic but we're ok now ;))

We've taken the Holiday Tour at DL and it was GREAT and well worth the price. I think it would be a really good addition to a solo trip (that and I'd love to hear your review :thumbsup2)

I agree, a solo trip is great for doing a tour. And mid afternoon is a great time too. I hope they have an opening for you.

We've taken the Holiday Tour at DL and it was GREAT and well worth the price. I think it would be a really good addition to a solo trip (that and I'd love to hear your review :thumbsup2)

I agree, a solo trip is great for doing a tour. And mid afternoon is a great time too. I hope they have an opening for you.

The second I wake up this afternoon I am going to call and see if there are any openings left on Thursday afternoon's tour. I will be sure to post a review when I'm back!

The second I wake up this afternoon I am going to call and see if there are any openings left on Thursday afternoon's tour. I will be sure to post a review when I'm back!

I've got my fingers crossed that they have a spot for you! :goodvibes

So I called when I got up and there was availability on the 9am tour but the girl on the phone was unclear as to whether there was no tour at 2 or no space left. Oh well that saves me $64 I guess. When I pick up my birthday button my first afternoon I may double check with guest services just to see which it is and if anything has opened up... I mean I'll be standing there anyway right?

In other news I made my packing list last night at work and it's looking pretty manageable I may still cut down a little but I think I will achieve my goal of having my medium suitcase only half-full when I head down to DL. (Which is a really big achievement for me!)

Sorry there wasn't room in the afternoon tour. 9am is really not a good time for those of us who like our morning touring time!

I'd keep asking on the tour, I mean squeezing in 1 person shouldn't be that hard.

Plus I'm not sure with Tours, but for most reservation you aren't speaking to somone at DLR that would have first hand experience. So they may really not know as much as the people in the Guided Tour Kiosk just on the left as you enter DL through the left tunnel.

I hope there is space I think this tour sounds so cool! (obviously, we almost did it on our first trip to DL) I may have to squeeze it into my trip in October.

If you don't already know, be sure to go to the tortilla factory in California Adventure and you will get a whole package of tortillas, instead of just one, for your birthday.

Hm, hopefully you can get in to the afternoon tour since that is the one you would rather do! I have never done a tour at DLR but it sounds really interesting.
I ALWAYS over pack! On my last 1-day trip I packed enough clothes to last me 4 days. Us girls like having options when getting ready!:laughing:

Hm, hopefully you can get in to the afternoon tour since that is the one you would rather do! I have never done a tour at DLR but it sounds really interesting.
I ALWAYS over pack! On my last 1-day trip I packed enough clothes to last me 4 days. Us girls like having options when getting ready!:laughing:

I made a list of what I want to bring and I have 3-4 pairs of shorts and 8 shirts... I'm there for 3 full days and 2 half days. I could go back and change every afternoon and still probably have extra clothes! :rotfl:

On a related note I was just reading the DL thread and someone suggested sweaters for mornings and evenings... I was not planing on bringing one with me into the parks just wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Will I be fine without one or should I increase my packing to include a sweater that will then fit into my park bag (which also will need to grow to accommodate the sweater)? :confused3

I made a list of what I want to bring and I have 3-4 pairs of shorts and 8 shirts... I'm there for 3 full days and 2 half days. I could go back and change every afternoon and still probably have extra clothes! :rotfl:

On a related note I was just reading the DL thread and someone suggested sweaters for mornings and evenings... I was not planing on bringing one with me into the parks just wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Will I be fine without one or should I increase my packing to include a sweater that will then fit into my park bag (which also will need to grow to accommodate the sweater)? :confused3

I would defiantly recommend a sweater for evenings. I have never been to DLR and not needed a sweater at night even in summer. Also, remember you can always rent a locker if you don't wanna carry around a sweater all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter