Chance to travel- where would you go?

My husband really wants me to meet him in Dubai- I think that might be a bit much for my first solo long distance trip. Who has been?

My husband really wants me to meet him in Dubai- I think that might be a bit much for my first solo long distance trip. Who has been?

My co-worker's best friend and husband live there (he's an engineer) and she loves it! I can't say it's even on my bucket list. Not for us.

Maybe do a couple of days in Dubai and then one of the cruises that go out of there? I know RCI does several from Dubai, I imagine other lines do too.

I haven't been, but I think Dubai would be just fine, especially since you'll be in the company of your husband. It's a very modern, cosmopolitan place, and quite friendly to Westerners. It's an extremely safe city and has a much lower crime rate than the US. As long as you are courteous to the people around you, they will be equally courteous (or more!) to you. Just do some basic research on local customs before you go. https://www.lonelyplanet.com/united...ng-dubai/40625c8c-8a11-5710-a052-1479d2769690

Flying solo can be quite scary. I just about had a panic attack getting to London on my own. Try to get a direct flight, if you can, and have your husband meet you in the airport.

Honestly, I think you should go! You're not likely to ever have another chance to see the Middle East.

Fair enough. I mentioned UAE because it's 100% safe. Tons of tourists from all over the world and excellent service. I've been there (on my own), forgot my wallet and when I went back for it, wallet was still there. Anecdotal evidence but it's enough for me.

Same thing happened with my friend only it was in Japan and it was her wedding ring, which she had taken off while getting a massage. They were on the train to the airport before she realized what had happened. Her husband was sure it would be gone but they actually brought it to the airport for her.

@cruiser21 Dark chocolate is superior to milk chocolate. My husband and son disagree, and I would try to persuade them to the rightness of my cause but I quite enjoy that all the dark chocolate in a box goes to me. I'm also mostly on the cruise boards right now since we're planning our Alaska trip. I feel the same way about land tours with my kids right now, which is why most historical sites in Europe have been pushed back on my bucket list for the next ten years or so. Kids can only take so many castles, ruins and churches. Luckily I decent amount of that in my twenties in London, Greece, Italy and Turkey.

On my list:
Alaska Cruise (booked!)
Barcelona (booked!)
Peru and Machu Picchu
Galapagos Cruise
Safari in Kenya and Tanzania (early planning!)
Japan during Cherry Blossom season, hopefully including Tokyo Disney Parks
Finland to take kids to Lapland and "Santa's Home", skiing and hopefully catch the Northern Lights
Iceland
New Zealand
National Parks in Arizona, Nevada, Utah and California

I would go pretty much anywhere in Europe. I've already been to Switzerland, Germany & Liechtenstein. Top of my list is right now is Norway, Belgium and Netherlands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter