Chance to travel- where would you go?

He is in the middle East... Using it as a base is not an option. We will have to meet somewhere. I am loving the suggestions. Wondering if anyone here has done a Mediterranean cruise.
We've done a Med cruise. And traveled in Europe a couple times. I love Germany. France, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, the Netherlands. We also did a river cruise from Bucharest to Cologne. Just loved it. Basically, I'd go anywhere in Europe.

We recently went to China. I'm glad I went, but I doubt that I'll be doing that again. Certainly worth one trip, but it's really best to do it with a small group, not on your own.

I would go to Australia, New Zealand, Italy, England, Hawaii and Alaska. I would avoid he Middle East.

I really don't want to turn this into a debate thread. I stated which countries I would like to visit and feel safe visiting. If you feel differently thats fine we all have our own opinions.
I'm not looking for a debate per se, but I sure wish you'd explain your reasoning for ruling out all of the region except Isreal as unsafe when do many other countries in the mid East are considered safer by most measures I know to look for. UAE, Qatar, Jordan, Cyprus....
I'm baffled

I'm not looking for a debate per se, but I sure wish you'd explain your reasoning for ruling out all of the region except Isreal as unsafe when do many other countries in the mid East are considered safer by most measures I know to look for. UAE, Qatar, Jordan, Cyprus....
I'm baffled
I'm just not interested in going to any of those places. I'm not sure why you care so much what my reasonings are. Ive always wanted to go to Israel. I don't think I need to justify it to anyone.

I'm just not interested in going to any of those places. I'm not sure why you care so much what my reasonings are. Ive always wanted to go to Israel. I don't think I need to justify it to anyone.
You said Israel was safer, she asked why you felt that way. She’s not asking you to justify yourself, she was asking you to back up an erroneous claim. It’s not safer than all Middle East countries.

My absolute #1 on my bucket list is Japan. I have wanted to go for most of my life. I'd be willing to go pretty much anywhere in Europe. Paris is by far my first choice. I'd love to go to Canada.. Montreal/Quebec City are at the top of my list there. And New Zealand sounds awesome.

Ugh, there are far too many incredible places on this Earth!!

You said Israel was safer, she asked why you felt that way. She’s not asking you to justify yourself, she was asking you to back up an erroneous claim. It’s not safer than all Middle East countries.
Some people feel unsafe going to Mexico. Do you beat them up over feeling that way. If I feel safer going to Israel then other Middle East countries. Right or wrong I'm entitled to feel that way. I'm not telling other people how to feel or where to travel. Geez just let it go.

Some people feel unsafe going to Mexico. Do you beat them up over feeling that way. If I feel safer going to Israel then other Middle East countries. Right or wrong I'm entitled to feel that way. I'm not telling other people how to feel or where to travel. Geez just let it go.

But nobody really said that they thought Mexico was less safe than XYZ, so your comparison is not accurate. The reality is that Israel is not safer than everyplace in the Middle East, but if it is truly your gut feeling, then you really could have just said that when asked the first time. It's odd, and possibly telling, that you are do defensive about this.

Back to the OP's question, Fiji, Australia, and New Zealand are on my most-want-to-visit list, but I'd go just about anywhere. We're looking at Italy and the UK (our daughter is thinking about applying to colleges there) for this coming summer. I've been to Germany, France, England, Scotland, the Netherlands, and Belgium, the latter two not for only a couple of days each. There are so many places I'd love to see!

But nobody really said that they thought Mexico was less safe than XYZ, so your comparison is not accurate. The reality is that Israel is not safer than everyplace in the Middle East, but if it is truly your gut feeling, then you really could have just said that when asked the first time. It's odd, and possibly telling, that you are do defensive about this.

Back to the OP's question, Fiji, Australia, and New Zealand are on my most-want-to-visit list, but I'd go just about anywhere. We're looking at Italy and the UK (our daughter is thinking about applying to colleges there) for this coming summer. I've been to Germany, France, England, Scotland, the Netherlands, and Belgium, the latter two not for only a couple of days each. There are so many places I'd love to see!
I'm not sure what you mean by "telling". I'm honestly didn't expect any reaction to my comment, but nothing should surprise me on these boards. BTW I also feel safer in a plane then I do on a train. Call me crazy. I also think Mexico is less safe then Canada....I know totally nuts.

Where do I start?

Italy for sure. Rome, Florence, Tuscany. It all looks so magical.

Great Britain. Each area has so much that fascinates me.

Mallorca. I love everything that I've seen and heard.

German castles! I love castles too.

Switzerland trains. I'm scared of heights but I would have to try.

Netherlands. Yes, back to Holland. This is one of my homes and it's been way too long.

I forgot Switzerland and Austria. I would also like to visit Russia, and some Eastern European countries like Poland. I've been fortunate to visit 10 European countries. Some I liked some I didn't care for. My son wants to go to China. China doesn't excite me, but I'll probably take him someday.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Iceland. Probably my favorite country so far.

I would go to Europe, parts of Asia, Australia, New Zealand, the Tahitian islands and Fiji.
Now I just need time and money to do that.

I'm not sure what you mean by "telling". I'm honestly didn't expect any reaction to my comment, but nothing should surprise me on these boards. BTW I also feel safer in a plane then I do on a train. Call me crazy. I also think Mexico is less safe then Canada....I know totally nuts.

Well, planes are statistically the safest form of travel (http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/13/news/economy/train-plane-car-deaths/index.html), and Mexico does have a higher rate of homicides, rapes, and assaults than Canada (http://www.civitas.org.uk/content/files/crime_stats_oecdjan2012.pdf). On the other hand, your feeling that Israel is safer than, say, Qatar, is not backed up by data (https://www.numbeo.com/crime/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=Qatar&country2=Israel).

All people are saying is that you certainly have a right to your feelings, just don't claim opinion as fact.

ETA, I really don't want to keep going off topic. If you want to continue our discussion, I'm happy to take it to PMs if you like.

Well, planes are statistically the safest form of travel (http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/13/news/economy/train-plane-car-deaths/index.html), and Mexico does have a higher rate of homicides, rapes, and assaults than Canada (http://www.civitas.org.uk/content/files/crime_stats_oecdjan2012.pdf). On the other hand, your feeling that Israel is safer than, say, Qatar, is not backed up by data (https://www.numbeo.com/crime/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=Qatar&country2=Israel).

All people are saying is that you certainly have a right to your feelings, just don't claim opinion as fact.

ETA, I really don't want to keep going off topic. If you want to continue our discussion, I'm happy to take it to PMs if you like.
Go back and read my original post I said I as in me myself and I consider it safer. I never said anything as fact. I also consider dark chocolate better then milk chocolate. Enough said.

Yeah but I consider it a little safer then most Middle East countries.

Reading this thread I am confused about the questioning ... this person CLEARLY stated “ I consider “ which makes it HER opinion.. not fact . I do see several people trying to start a debate over HER opinion.. not sure why it even matters to anyone else why she feels the way she does ? My BIL spent 5 months working there and being a ex vet also said he felt safer there then other places in the Middle East , THIS is what you call someone’s opinion..

Reading this thread I am confused about the questioning ... this person CLEARLY stated “ I consider “ which makes it HER opinion.. not fact . I do see several people trying to start a debate over HER opinion.. not sure why it even matters to anyone else why she feels the way she does ? My BIL spent 5 months working there and being a ex vet also said he felt safer there then other places in the Middle East , THIS is what you call someone’s opinion..

UAE is safer than Israel. It's a fact. So an "opinion" to the contrary is just a wrong opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter