• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Challenge for lurkers

I been off and on posting on the trip & resort boards for years now, but it seems like very time I post on any board (whether dis or my train boards) I seem to kill the topic and no one posts after I do. :confused3

I think the podcasts are terrific even when Pete gets off on one of his "rants" :rotfl2: Pete's opinions are good for the board because it makes all the listeners realized that they aren't the only ones that something's wrong with how something was handled.

Keep up the good work Podcast Crew and I'll keep lurking!!!:ccat:

I am another semi-lurker. I mean, I have made it into triple digits in the number of posts, but my posts-per-day statistic would never get me into the major leagues.

I was a podcast listener for a long time before I ever posted, and tend to post on the Restaurants board because, well, I like food. And because I hate to miss a chance to denigrate Tony's Town Square.

Despite listening to the podcast (to which we refer, around our house, as "The Podcast"), posting on the podcast board is not something that comes easily. While it is about the DIS Unplugged podcast, it is easy to see that it is more about the community that has formed around the show. And, I suppose that it is a little bit... and here's the cliché... intimidating to jump into a group that seems to know each other so well. And, I'm shy. Even with an entire Internet between me and the other people.

Case in point: My wife started listening to The Podcast fairly recently. She has already had a voicemail played on the show AND an email read. Even when I think I have something to add, I'm reticent about pulling the trigger and sending it off. By the time I can muster up the wherewithal, whatever I was thinking about has faded from the collective attention of the DISers. I imagine it's also the same posting to this particular board, as well.

And, of course, I know the answer to all this: Just Do It. So, here's the first small foray into it. Thanks, for the push, John. Hey, everyone... ummm... how is everybody?

Lurker Here. Been listening to the podcast since I was planning a DW trip in 2008. Since then I've done a Disney Cruise and I am now planning for DW in 2011. Love the podcast. Nothing beats a Pete Rant.

Now I plan to go back to hibernation. See you in another 3 years. :)

I have pretty much been a lurker on the Dis since 1998 or 99 don't remember went through the big crash and got a new acct. I have only just started listening to the podcast (had to get my kid to show me how!) I lurk on this board alot and don't get most of the inside jokes, but I love how a thread will start as one thing and spin out of control to many other things within a few post!

So I am de-lurked

Tracie

Just saying HI!!!

I've been listening to the podcasts since 2007 and am absolutely in LOVE with them, definitely one of the highlights of my week! Thanks for doing what you do, you make so many of us happy :)

While my post count is increasing I still feel that I lurk most of the time. I'm a big fan of the podcast so I'm usually here checking things out. I'm really starting to be one of the I'm planning a trip, at WDW, or just back from a trip kinda guy.

Just wondering if the lurkers are still posting...

And I wanted to shout to someone who cares that there are only 79 DAYS until I'm in Walt Disney World!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Most people are annoyed when I do that. It's nice to be accepted. ;)

Debbie

Not sure if I'm a lurker... I read much more than I post, but I DO post!! Maybe I'm a "mostly lurker"... :rotfl:

Just wondering if the lurkers are still posting...

And I wanted to shout to someone who cares that there are only 79 DAYS until I'm in Walt Disney World!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Most people are annoyed when I do that. It's nice to be accepted. ;)

Debbie

:yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo: Not only do we accept you, but cheer right along! ::yes:: Congrats on 79 days!:cool1:

I've got 88 days! I took my kids in May, now my mom and I are going back........purely for research (right?)!:cool1:

Mostly a lurker here...I think the last time I posted it was on another of these threads, claiming to be mostly a lurker! I said I would try to post more, but then just went right back to my old ways...meh.

I check the boards daily, especially the POTD thread and a few others, but don't have much to contribute so am pretty quiet. It's been a while since we've been to the world, and we don't have a current trip planned (well, unless you count the big fantasy if we win the lottery and take 40 friends and relatives with us trip that I am planning ...).

I love the podcast, and am a regular listener, and I have just applied (again!) to the Mom's panel. I'll try to speak up more often to at least say thanks to all of the wonderful people who do share with us here. I know for me, at least, it is my way of keeping a little Disney in my life and heart when I can't be there in person. Thanks for letting me live vicariously!

:upsidedow

Yes I am a lurker. I love reading the boards. I love Disney. I love the podcast. Started listening in 2008. I enjoy listening while training for Goofy Challenge. I love the info I get here from a kuerig, which I don't own yet, my iPhone, my new iPad, or that laptop replacement. You guys are great. Thanks for all you do. As with some others back to lurking.

Kris

OK all you lurkers, now that you have been outed I have another challenge for you - start a thread!!

I know - it sounds scary - but I promise it will be fun.

Start a thread and after the title you give it say <Former Lurker> - that way I will be able to pick them out quikly.

For example your thread title might be "Why is Teresa so mean to John? <Former Lurker>"

So - who's up for this new challenge?

Tracie - I'm looking for you to start a whole new thread.

There's a whole big explanation about the llamas that I'm not 100% clear on myself - but I'm sure if you start a new thread some folks will fill you in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter