• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Challenge for lurkers

Opps! I will start a new one about multi-tasking and thinking you started a new thread!

Another lurker checking in. We are planning our first trip to WDW, Nov 9 to 17. I discovered these boards and the podcast early this year, shortly after we decided we wanted to go to WDW and I started doing research for the trip on the internet. The boards and the podcasts have been an invaluable source of information, as has (pardon the name-dropping) our Dreams Unlimited Travel agent, Carole.

Anyways, I too shall take you up on your challenge to start a thread, John.

Hi everyone! I have a question. Am I a lurker? I honestly don't get on the boards much, but I try to post everytime I'm on. Unfortunately its not very often, and two things happen 1. I forget what I posted where and 2. I can usually never find the threads again the next time I get on the boards. Any tips? I listen to the podcast, but usually will save them and listen to many in a row. We are going on PCC 2.0 and I have been trying to make it to wed chats when I can. Anyways hopefully this isn't another lost post by farmboy LOL

Hi everyone! I have a question. Am I a lurker? I honestly don't get on the boards much, but I try to post everytime I'm on. Unfortunately its not very often, and two things happen 1. I forget what I posted where and 2. I can usually never find the threads again the next time I get on the boards. Any tips? I listen to the podcast, but usually will save them and listen to many in a row. We are going on PCC 2.0 and I have been trying to make it to wed chats when I can. Anyways hopefully this isn't another lost post by farmboy LOL

You're no lurker I see you post all the time!!!

Keep it up!!

One hint on keeping track of your posts is to subscribe to them. On the top of any thread you will see Thread Tools - choose Subscribe to this Thread - you can even have the boards send you an email letting you know everytime someone posts on that thread.

Thanks John that'll help, mostly I just gotta get here more often too! It's a great place you guys have got going here!

Just popping in to say hi to the lurkers, former lurkers, and everyone else!

(not the Podcast Kathy, I'm the one from Texas.)

Some stats I think the lurkers would appreciate - only about 30% of the people that visit the boards are actually 'registered' -the 70% are lurkers. You are actually in the majority :)

I'm glad to see people come out of hiding. I know it can be intimidating but we really do try to keep the site welcoming to everyone. Whether you post regularly, rarely or not at all - you're all welcome here.

Pete

Some stats I think the lurkers would appreciate - only about 30% of the people that visit the boards are actually 'registered' -the 70% are lurkers. You are actually in the majority :)

Since John issued his challenged, the number of DISboards.com members has increased by 100 new members a day. If there is a correlation, John is really throwing off my projections. . . . ;);)

Another lurker here! I've been lurking for about 10 months now and decided to register. I really love the podcast. It's a lot of fun to listen to and it's great to listen to while I plan my trip. :)

I'm working on my second trip to Disney World! I won't be with my family, but with my boyfriend of 13 months. We are going for my 21st birthday in May 2011.

Last time I went to Disney World was in January of 2000 and I was at Disney Land in 2007. My boyfriend has never been to either Disney World or Disney Land so it will be very special for him. I'm making him wear a "First Visit" button. ;D

I hope to meet a lot of awesome people here! Especially ones that won't get annoyed with me for rambling about my Disney Trip or think I'm a child for wanting to wear a tiara on my birthday. :laughing:

-Hannah

Hi Hannah,

There's nothing wrong with wearing a tiara on your birthday or any other day for that matter :) But since it's your birthday, I say you make the boyfriend wear one as well :lmao:

Pete

Hi Hannah,

There's nothing wrong with wearing a tiara on your birthday or any other day for that matter :) But since it's your birthday, I say you make the boyfriend wear one as well :lmao:

Pete

I'm glad someone agrees with me! I may be 20, but I can still be a princess!

Actually, I have considered it! We were talking about the tiara thing with my mom and he even joked about wearing a crown. Maybe I should buy him one. ;D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter