Central Park “Karen”

Judge not lest ye be judged.

Yes it looks bad but you don't know anything about her or her life or what is happening with her. You don't know if this is her on an average day or on a really terrible day. No one wants to be judged by their worst actions. Maybe she is an awful person or maybe she is not. She did issue an apology. Perhaps a side of compassion with the snark and judgement.
Forgive - yes. But just give it a pass? With the stakes this high? You're kidding, right?

Yes it looks bad but you don't know anything about her or her life or what is happening with her. You don't know if this is her on an average day or on a really terrible day. No one wants to be judged by their worst actions. Maybe she is an awful person or maybe she is not. She did issue an apology. Perhaps a side of compassion with the snark and judgement.
When was the last time you called the police and made false, racist allegations against an innocent person because you were having a bad day? C’mon, that’s a very deliberate act and it’s not something that upstanding individuals do.
Looks like she was mad somebody told her what she shouldn't be doing (have an unleashed dog). How dare he, does he think he's better than her? She'd show him by using his race against him to phone in a fake emergency. So focused on needing to put him in his place she paid no attention to her own innocent pet, choking and yelping at her hand.

If she was really frightened she wouldn't walk right up to him to say "Stop filming."
This is what adds an extra layer of deplorability to it. She wasn’t caught showing her prejudice and biases that she may, herself, have been unaware she had. She very intentionally threatened to use that man’s race against him in a phone call to the police precisely because she knew what a scary and dangerous situation that could create for him. She was “throwing down her trump card,” if you will. (And no, that last sentence isn’t intended to have anything to do with politics. It’s not my fault if it might work on more than one level. :laughing:)

Nope, this isn't just "one bad day". She knew what she was doing was wrong. She was lying about a man who asked her to follow the rules. She probably only issued the apology to try to save her job. Yeah, she's sorry. Sorry that she got caught. There is no defense of this so-called human.

Supposedly she is a Canadian living in NYC. I had trouble watching the video because I felt so sorry for the dog. The man sure stayed calm on the video.

My hubs told me about this story when I woke up this morning. My immediate reaction was 'Are you flippin kidding me?!'

I'm so glad for the video, most of the time I like to believe the foulness people put out into the energy of the world will come around and bite them on the rear but it's especially nice when that gets expedited through real solid evidence.

I hear you. She was unfortunate to capture so clearly and publicly how everyday racism affects lives. Societal bias that lurks hidden deep in our minds and when left unchecked raises its ugly head.

Her altercation highlights the ripple affects of feeling others are inferior or consciously trying to exploit the advantage of race in the judicial system. Many more happen on a grueling daily basis. It's hard to deny there's a widespread problem yet people still try.

Is the intense backlash to her entire life deservedly proportionate? She's getting crucified.
I don't know her but she's likely to understand tolerance a bit better now.

I hear you. She was unfortunate to capture so clearly and publicly how everyday racism affects lives. Societal bias that lurks hidden deep in our minds and when left unchecked raises its ugly head.

Her altercation highlights the ripple affects of feeling others are inferior or consciously trying to exploit the advantage of race in the judicial system. Many more happen on a grueling daily basis. It's hard to deny there's a widespread problem yet people still try.

Is the intense backlash to her entire life deservedly proportionate? She's getting crucified.
I don't know her but she's likely to understand tolerance a bit better now.

She strikes me as the type likely to dig in, double down and attempt to cast herself as a victim here.

Then I hope she loses again, twice as much, if that is even possible.
I'm torn. Clearly she appeared to be an absolutely horrible person who doesn't deserve anybody's sympathy. Her attitude, her indifference to the welfare of her pet, her entitlement, and of course her blatant and dangerous racism. But dammmmm, right now she's taking the whole weight of our problem in society. She deserves backlash but how big and long of a sentence should she get.

How much will she need to change about herself before she ever could be redeemed? She has a long bridge to cross there. It's that I sympathize with.

Last edited:
I can't feel sorry for her even though this will result in job loss and massive amounts of media attention. She'll forever be known as a racist on the internet. She needs to really do some deep self reflection. In time she'll hopefully recognize that she was the aggressor who was threatening another person.

Well. She's been fired already. Her name is out there and it's going to follow her almost everywhere she tries to find a good paying job. And she flat out admitted that she was going to lie about being in danger on an emergency call, while he's capturing it all on video. What she did is a criminal act pretty much anywhere.

Not sure she would end up in jail for a first offense, but probation and/or community service might be warranted

Someone called you out for not following the rules, and your response was this? Entitlement attitude at its finest.

And the fact she knew he was recording it and kept at it? :sad2: What the ... pure racism. Bye, Felicia! Sorry, not sorry.

I'm torn. Clearly she appeared to be an absolutely horrible person who doesn't deserve anybody's sympathy. Her attitude, her indifference to the welfare of her pet, her entitlement, and of course her blatant and dangerous racism. But dammmmm, right now she's taking the whole weight of our problem in society. She deserves backlash but how big and long of a sentence should she get.

How much will she need to change about herself before she ever could be redeemed? She has a long bridge to cross there.

Did she learn anything from it? Maybe, maybe not. She only apologized because of the optics of it and because the proof of it is all out on the internet for the world to see - had this not been aired publicly, she probably wouldn't have apologized at all. Like cabanafrau had noted, she'll probably double down and try and redeem herself as a victim - or even better, sue the birdwatcher for "ruining her life".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter